[TECHNOLOGY] ESTIM, MP3, COCK HERO, & SCRIPTPLAYER

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: [TECHNOLOGY] ESTIM, MP3, COCK HERO, & SCRIPTPLAYER

Post by edger477 »

arig4711 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:51 am I also tried the new version. I think subjectively that it is better than before. But also now there's some strange noise. Actually it is good that I got the information here, because I couldn't identify the reason before (it is just a mp3). Now I convert my files to quad-channel-versions to get a better reliability.
47dahc wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:29 am
I have an old AMD Athlon 1090T 6 core with a SB Live sound card. I also have a USB sound card and I listened to the output on that through headphones and it sounded fine. Thinking it's just my dated hardware. I built this system over 11 years ago but she keeps on ticking.
Hi,

I think is due to constant resyncing that was caused by higher latency (that allows bigger buffer for smoother feedback but players was trying to resync all the time because it was detecting that audio is late by 200ms so it kept moving it causing pops).

To avoid pushing too many commits to github without testing, I uploaded test build here https://mega.nz/file/D7IEBDia#vJO-yOOP1 ... XHHoJAWN7o

EDIT: After more debugging I have confirmed that my proposed pull request was not good so I amended it and there is also build on CI: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/FredTun ... /artifacts
Microwave
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Microwave »

qwksilver wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:02 pm [*]a lot of CH scripts are in half time, and you might need to change the pace to 2x to get them to feel right(ish)
Thank you for the indepth guide, apreciate it :)
you mention that a lot of scripts are halftime and that i should change the pace to x2 so it feels right.
but fo the life of me i can't figure out where to do this. i looked at every setting in the settings window. Also on the fold up menu on the right, there is the speed multiplier which for me changes the vibration speed. and the playback speed which changes the whole video playback aswell.
You are right if i do playback x2 it feels more right(ish) but the video is played in doubletime so not really nice^^
can you give me a hint how i get this done?
qwksilver
Explorer
Explorer

Post by qwksilver »

First Make sure you are on the latest beta, frankly it's the best version.

speed multiplier is used on just the script, while playback rate will take the video and run it faster(with the script staying in time). For example 1x playback and 2x speed multiplier is doubletime script.

while 2x playback will just be everything at doubletime, but if the original time is off it will just speed that original thing up, efectivly giving you really fast halftime beats in your playback.

with machines you may also run into errors of equipment speed not able to keep pace. no much to do here except upgrade when you can. with estim, i find that at a certain point of speed it's weaker and "blurry" and you don't perceive the changes as well. so sometimes you'll just need to adjust to fit your mood.

happy fapping.
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by 47dahc »

Microwave wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:53 pm ...you mention that a lot of scripts are halftime and that i should change the pace to x2 so it feels right.
but fo the life of me i can't figure out where to do this. i looked at every setting in the settings window. Also on the fold up menu on the right, there is the speed multiplier which for me changes the vibration speed. and the playback speed which changes the whole video playback aswell...
Try Funexpander over at EroScripts. It has a function to change half speed (easy) scripts to full speed (hard) where one stroke is down and up. You can also adjust the stroke length which translates into different feelings with estim depending on your trode placement.

The function is located in the upper right corner of the program.
qwksilver
Explorer
Explorer

Post by qwksilver »

Ah that's good to know thanks!
UFungus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UFungus »

edger477 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:23 pm What is your PC configuration? Did you try different output device? I can make another build to increase the latency of sound card further, but is hard to know for sure if it will help you. If you know how to build and run app in Visual Studio I can show you where to adjust it, or I can make one and upload it to MEGA for you to try, if for you works with i.e. 200ms (I have increased the latency from 50ms to 100ms and it worked for me, I have Ryzen 5800x and Creative Soundblaster Z soundcard).
I have an old AMD Athlon 1090T 6 core with a SB Live sound card. I also have a USB sound card and I listened to the output on that through headphones and it sounded fine. Thinking it's just my dated hardware. I built this system over 11 years ago but she keeps on ticking.
Did you ever solve your problem? I have a fairly decent build and am still running into the same pop noises and the sound even dies when the action becomes too fast and comes back when things slow down. I am running the latest 1.2 build.
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by 47dahc »

UFungus wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:05 pm
edger477 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:23 pm What is your PC configuration? Did you try different output device? I can make another build to increase the latency of sound card further, but is hard to know for sure if it will help you. If you know how to build and run app in Visual Studio I can show you where to adjust it, or I can make one and upload it to MEGA for you to try, if for you works with i.e. 200ms (I have increased the latency from 50ms to 100ms and it worked for me, I have Ryzen 5800x and Creative Soundblaster Z soundcard).
Did you ever solve your problem? I have a fairly decent build and am still running into the same pop noises and the sound even dies when the action becomes too fast and comes back when things slow down. I am running the latest 1.2 build.
No it's still there all though it is better. I get the dropouts as well. I think that is related to the fade in/out settings. I just asked about that over at eroscripts. Haven't heard anything back yet though.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

I had some noise and pops coming from the sound card, and I checked all of them, cannot get rid of it - seems my mains AC has a lot of noise and "bequiet" power supply does not really manage to filter that out despite being "high end".

Solved by getting bluetooth amp to use with my midstim https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B087FWWVB6/
UFungus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UFungus »

47dahc wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:29 am No it's still there all though it is better. I get the dropouts as well. I think that is related to the fade in/out settings. I just asked about that over at eroscripts. Haven't heard anything back yet though.
Thank you very much for the answer. I'll try playing around some more with Funstims settings because after trying 4 different outputs, I'm fairly certain the problem doesn't come from my soundcard. My stimbox has Bluetooth integrated and it does the same pops and drops like every other device.

It's not like the Funstim website doesn't work, but it would be so much less of a hassle to not have to convert funscripts for every video.
edger477 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:57 am I had some noise and pops coming from the sound card, and I checked all of them, cannot get rid of it - seems my mains AC has a lot of noise and "bequiet" power supply does not really manage to filter that out despite being "high end".

Solved by getting bluetooth amp to use with my midstim https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B087FWWVB6/
Like I said, tried with the box on bluetooth and there's no change whatsoever. Same with a bluetooth headset or even a USB external soundcard. Really glad that solved it for you, though.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

UFungus wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:13 pm
Like I said, tried with the box on bluetooth and there's no change whatsoever.
And you do have latest script player? It is now on 1.2 so you don't need to download beta (all fixes are now in).

Are your videos running on 1.0x speed? I am unable to reproduce any pops on any output device aside from one when seeking position in video. Using the settings / e-stim config to play mp3 files (not using funstim converter)
qwksilver
Explorer
Explorer

Post by qwksilver »

there are a few settings that seem to affect the result: they are on the sidebar, one is called min command delay. try turning that to bare minimum.