[EOS HELP] How do I make certain choices only visible to certain classes?

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
EdgesAndSkillchecks
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

[EOS HELP] How do I make certain choices only visible to certain classes?

Post by EdgesAndSkillchecks »

Hey,

I'm currently working on a DnD clone with the eos editor and want some dialogue options to only be available if you have chosen the fitting class.

Classes are coded as values (e.g. if you create a rogue the variable 'rogue' goes from 0 to 1.)
So I'd need something like 'if rogue>0, then show choice'.

I already found the 'visible' button in the choice editor, but if I simply put 'if rogue>0' in the eval nothing happens.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to coding and I'm sorry if it was answered before, but I tried searching for an answer for quite a while now and I'm getting desperate! :-|
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: [EOS HELP] How do I make certain choices only visible to certain classes?

Post by Thamrill »

EdgesAndSkillchecks wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:41 pm Hey,

I'm currently working on a DnD clone with the eos editor and want some dialogue options to only be available if you have chosen the fitting class.

Classes are coded as values (e.g. if you create a rogue the variable 'rogue' goes from 0 to 1.)
So I'd need something like 'if rogue>0, then show choice'.

I already found the 'visible' button in the choice editor, but if I simply put 'if rogue>0' in the eval nothing happens.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to coding and I'm sorry if it was answered before, but I tried searching for an answer for quite a while now and I'm getting desperate! :-|
Just put rogue>0, without if.
If the classes are only true/false value, do you really need to use numerical variables?

edit: also, in Javascript "flexible" variable types, 0 is a false and 1 is a true, hence you could probably solve your problem by simply putting rogue as condition