FB: The Estim Tower

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Kaelis
Explorer
Explorer

Re: FB: The Estim Tower

Post by Kaelis »

just_some_dude wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:32 pm
However, after a while the program just stops and shows a black screen instead of any picture. It happens on all my pc's with different win systems. Does anyone have any idea, what I can do? I am playing the webtease
Yeah, I have this problem too. Also in the original one as well. At one point I thought it was a out of memory problem or a memory leak for eos, but I don't think it is after looking at how much memory it is actually using.
I've also encountered this problem in the webtease version - downloading guideme and the guideme version of the tease is a little bit of hassle, but the guides on the main guideme thread are pretty straightforwards, and I've never had it crash from guideme.
hotiger1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by hotiger1 »

Hm, I downloaded Guideme and the guideme version of the tease; but I don't get any sound except some clicking noise when the picture changes... I used milodnl and it seemed to work fine. Any ideas?
hotiger1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by hotiger1 »

I understand that downloading the webtease with the downloader should convert the tease to be used with guideme? Or is there really a guideme version of the tease somewhere?
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

hotiger1 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:04 am I understand that downloading the webtease with the downloader should convert the tease to be used with guideme? Or is there really a guideme version of the tease somewhere?
Guideme version of the tease is in spoiler on very first post of this topic...
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Going with the GuideMe version is the best way, I'm highly afraid of touching the nyx editor again, better never touch a running system. :innocent:
The GuideMe version shouldn't have any problems, I let the tease run over hours for testing in the past without any crashes.

Any yes please go with the GuideMe version in the downloadlink on first page, don't use any tools to download the tease.
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
hotiger1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by hotiger1 »

edger477 thank you so much, I just didn't see that spoiler. You saved my day :wave: :love:
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

lolol2 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:08 am Going with the GuideMe version is the best way, I'm highly afraid of touching the nyx editor again, better never touch a running system. :innocent:
The GuideMe version shouldn't have any problems, I let the tease run over hours for testing in the past without any crashes.

Any yes please go with the GuideMe version in the downloadlink on first page, don't use any tools to download the tease.
Thanks for checking up on this thread...
I wasn't able to find "endless mode" button or switch in Guideme version. Is there supposed to be one?

EDIT: ok so I found Extras button when using v 1.4 xml file, it is not present in the v 2.3 one
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

After 3,5 years I kind of forgot about... but yeah I guess that is the reason why in the last 2.3 version are both .xml files.
I guess there was a reason why I never added the endless mode after the 2.0 update... maybe it was not possible or would have taken way to much time. :-D
My creations:

Videos:

Teases:
Jeledrick
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): Never had one.
Sub/Slave(s): Not at the moment and honestly not looking for one for the time being.

Post by Jeledrick »

First of all I wanted to join in with those who praise your work. The pictures and moods are perfectly selected and created. I am incredibly impressed by the effort you must have put into this. Fabulous achievement - thank you for creating and sharing!

I am using the guide me versions and I find they work nicely. The result is alright with my e-stim system A, they do not work satisfyingly with my 2B, but I will try to tweak the sound files to get there. My 2B is relatively new, so I have to find out first, what works there. Any hints from those who have gone down that path before me are very much welcome! It is my favourite e-stim tease, so it is more than worth the effort.
There is no such thing as unnecessary or too much knowledge - there is only the lack of knowledge when and how you might be able to employ it.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Jeledrick wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:45 pm First of all I wanted to join in with those who praise your work. The pictures and moods are perfectly selected and created. I am incredibly impressed by the effort you must have put into this. Fabulous achievement - thank you for creating and sharing!

I am using the guide me versions and I find they work nicely. The result is alright with my e-stim system A, they do not work satisfyingly with my 2B, but I will try to tweak the sound files to get there. My 2B is relatively new, so I have to find out first, what works there. Any hints from those who have gone down that path before me are very much welcome! It is my favourite e-stim tease, so it is more than worth the effort.
Which 2b version you have? Latest beta is behaving weird with stereo input.
Jeledrick
Explorer
Explorer
Sub/Slave(s): Not at the moment and honestly not looking for one for the time being.

Post by Jeledrick »

edger477 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:36 am
Jeledrick wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:45 pm First of all I wanted to join in with those who praise your work. The pictures and moods are perfectly selected and created. I am incredibly impressed by the effort you must have put into this. Fabulous achievement - thank you for creating and sharing!

Which 2b version you have? Latest beta is behaving weird with stereo input.
I have the 2.106 - tried the 2.122b, did work somewhat better with the right settings in advanced stereo (C-Map and Auto-Power, if I recall right) but still way worse than the A-Box, so I returned to 2.106. So - might be the output from my notebook sound chip.
There is no such thing as unnecessary or too much knowledge - there is only the lack of knowledge when and how you might be able to employ it.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Jeledrick wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:33 am

I have the 2.106 - tried the 2.122b, did work somewhat better with the right settings in advanced stereo (C-Map and Auto-Power, if I recall right) but still way worse than the A-Box, so I returned to 2.106. So - might be the output from my notebook sound chip.
The 2B files (that you replace in downloaded version) are for 2.106 (and older). If it is "better" with 2.122, it might be that you have "normal" files (for DIY). 2.122 is dangerous with files designed for old 2B, the pain sections are way too strong.

Did you download 2B files and replaced them correctly?
Jeledrick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Jeledrick »

edger477 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:33 pm The 2B files (that you replace in downloaded version) are for 2.106 (and older). If it is "better" with 2.122, it might be that you have "normal" files (for DIY). 2.122 is dangerous with files designed for old 2B, the pain sections are way too strong.

Did you download 2B files and replaced them correctly?
I think so - took those from "louderpainfiles" which came with the download of the original package and copied them to the main audio - replacing those leading with an "x", presumably the pain files, with others of the same names but different sizes. There were 90 altogether and the louder ones are in total about three times the size. Checked that before first use. Are there other ones? Especially for 2B, maybe? I downloaded the original file again and those are the files, same sizes. I do not find any other soundfiles than the originals and these ones. So that is not it.

Seems I am still missing something crucial.
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Check this out, there was a special version for the 2B but the download link seems offline.
Maybe anyone has them downloaded and can reupload.

viewtopic.php?p=288055#p288055

Edit:
I found this in my MEGA folder... not 100% sure if this is the package but filename seems like this.
So try with caution

https://mega.nz/file/MZ1jRQoK#6v-J4cD4T ... 3trxYIz8ZM

Edit2:
The louder pain files are just the same files, only in louder, no changes made.
The file size is maybe bigger because different bitrates.
My creations:

Videos:

Teases:
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Jeledrick wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:43 pm
I think so - took those from "louderpainfiles" which came with the download of the original package and copied them to the main audio - replacing those leading with an "x", presumably the pain files, with others of the same names but different sizes. There were 90 altogether and the louder ones are in total about three times the size. Checked that before first use. Are there other ones? Especially for 2B, maybe? I downloaded the original file again and those are the files, same sizes. I do not find any other soundfiles than the originals and these ones. So that is not it.

Seems I am still missing something crucial.
You seem to have done everything right. Only remaining "crucial" part is to properly calibrate 2B. For teases that have device calibration before connecting electrodes, you need to increase volume on your sound card until the bars on 2B are almost full (when on device calibration signal before connecting electrodes). If you increase it over that, you will reduce difference between normal and pain signals. If you reduce it so that bars on 2B are not full then difference between normal and pain signals will be greater (pain will be stronger).

As this tease does not have device calibration step where signal on max strength (basically pain signal) is playing, if you set volume during calibration to the full bar on 2B, then whatever output you set on A/B channels of 2B - that is the maximum you get. For this tease, you could go to test pain files, and then when it plays default ones, set sound card volume so that bars on 2B display are close to full... then go to normal calibration, set the 2B knobs to pleasurable level, and go back to test pain to see if it is bearable and "painful".

You could repeat this with the 2B files lolol2 posted above, I just imported that to my mega, I will do the same when I am back home.