Alternate ratings system

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
Sexytimes 5
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Alternate ratings system

Post by Sexytimes 5 »

Why not add some forum pages with 25 teases recommended by each member of the Milovana team/staff. Don't just pick each others either. :-) I think that might help some members and guests. Some staff may not have time to view teases much but they still need to look some over and recommend a few when they get the chance. It would interest me to get some honest recommends from the staff. Maybe get a couple dozen regular members and authors to do a new ratings feature in the forum, a little more in depth and focused on tease reviews. Each member doing several reviews a month and maybe eventually all new teases could get these reviews. Could help people navigate and find good teases that might be overlooked with only the click system. Most people don't bother leaving feedback so this sort of semi official review system might be cool and gain the trust of the community over time. Honestly, most people just go click crazy with the 1 thru 5 deal, myself included. Maybe a Published Author only ratings feature, next to the mass ratings, next to the new like or dislike rating like discussed in previous threads. Maybe just forget I said anything at all! :yes:
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Alternate ratings system

Post by seraph0x »

Personally I almost never get to look at teases unless there are complaints about them. But I've been missing "Slavechylde's recommends" which was a thread where he would regularly write about good teases he came across. Link

I would love it if some member(s) picked up where he left off. *hinthint* ;-)

It doesn't really require any special privileges, just start a thread and start writing. Once you build up a bit of a database we can definitely talk about making your thread a sticky.

As for any more organized effort like a secondary rating you can search by - I'm afraid there are higher priorities right now and there are significant difficulties with that kind of thing. If the ratings are by a large circle of reviewers (e.g. all authors), then there would be manipulation and related issues. If the ratings are by a small circle of reviewers (e.g. only Team members) then it would be difficult to cover a large number of teases and noise in the data wouldn't even out as well as it does with the normal ratings.

That said, new ways of rating teases are definitely something we'd be interested in doing long-term. :-)
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by 1885 »

seraph0x wrote:But I've been missing "Slavechylde's recommends" which was a thread where he would regularly write about good teases he came across.
This is exactly what I thought about when I read this post. Hmmm.... :hmmm:
Sexytimes 5
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sexytimes 5 »

1885 wrote:This is exactly what I thought about when I read this post. Hmmm.... :hmmm:
Yeah that thread is cool, I wonder where Slavechylde went? No post in years. That is what will probably happen to a new thread like that too (Disappear into the background) but I will throw my hat in the ring. Hope others will think about it too. Oh, and by the way seraph0x, Where are those teases of yours? I'm sure there is a thread about that too but forgive me for not searching it out. 8-)
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Sexytimes 5 wrote:Oh, and by the way seraph0x, Where are those teases of yours? I'm sure there is a thread about that too but forgive me for not searching it out. 8-)
I deleted them - for various reasons, one being that my real life increasingly overlapped with Milovana. As I founded the company, I told almost everybody about it, so I decided that I wanted to maintain a neutral admin presence. It's one thing for people to see the site and know that you did the coding for it, it's a whole different thing for them to read a tease you wrote.

All those decisions were made quite a long time ago, I still don't want those old teases reposted, but I am looking forward to writing a new one and I have a bunch of ideas for it. It's just a matter of finding the time plus I want to write it using Eos (the upcoming interactive tease system) and there is a bunch more work to be done on that first.