Low RPM motor with speed control

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Low RPM motor with speed control

Post by Nezhul »

I'm not really in electronic thing, so I'm asking here, in case someone who can answer happen to read this.

I need a small electric moror with relatively small rpm (Rotates Per Minute). It should also be pretty strong, so it will spin something as heavy as 2 kilograms in vertical axis.

I also would like to hear the ideas about controlling it's speed - maybe thru some additional control device

The perfect variant would be a ~20-180 rpm motor (that can be controlled in this range) and strong enough to lift 2-3 kilogramm weight.

What I basically want to try to build is a fucking machine for men (with fleshlight as operating tool). I know there are variants on the market - they are too expencive and not too interesting for me.
Figures, that it can be build pretty cheap at home - I'v got a good concept already, what's left is to find all parts that I need. But when I started browsing through avaliable motors - I got stuck, because there are too many, and on each site very few suit my needs, and it's rarely that some teck info is given.
If someone can provide any help, I would be thankfull. :look:
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
Chico
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Low RPM motor with speed control

Post by Chico »

I think you'd want a geared motor - for that sort of duty you'd probably need a mains electric motor with something like a 5:1 step-down gear-box, and you'd have to determine the horsepower of the motor, depending on how quickly, how far and frequently the weight would be raised.
Maybe think about adapting an electric drill - one where the speed increases as you pull the trigger and use a threaded bolt to operate the trigger ?
Or how about a variable speed sewing machine motor eg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-SEWING- ... 3ca281ed23

A bigger pulley at the driven end would provide the step-down effect.
Haldirkd
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Haldirkd »

Well one way to go could be to get a dc motor, and then control the rpm through gearing, then speed would not be an issue. As for the control, there are several options; If you know your way around programming, you could make a pwm control for the motor, otherwise a high-power variable resistance would be able to adjust the motor voltage, and thus the speed, sadly this would prob. mean loosing some power as well.

You could also check this out;
http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =12&t=3810

Hope it helps!
Last edited by Haldirkd on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you think you might like it, try it.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I could make something like that right now. My idea was to make it smaller, place the whole thing in a plastic tube with like 10-15 cm diameter. In one half a motor itself and all mecanics would reside, in the other - the fleshlight that will be the acting element.

btw any ideas how to link FL to a machine? The only thing is I don't want to link it permanently, so would prefer some variants other than tape or glue or whatever. Ideally it's something that holds good but easyly removed.

I'v thought of using a drill or other device to get engine from it. But I would prefer to try to find a good motor without screwing a good thing first.
Haldirkd
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Haldirkd »

I think that it will be quite challenging to get a good motion going in such a small package, not impossible of course. If you want to connect the fleshlight by nothing more than friction, it might be a good idea to research some on rubbers, then you could make a mount for the fleshlight coated in something with a high friction coefficient, thus holding it in place for use, but you sould still be able to remove it with a good tug.
Alternatively you could make a mount with a part attached to the fleshlight somehow and then attaching that to the macine instead.

And just to let you know; gearing helps a lot for lifting loads, and it could lessen the need for batteries, of course you could always go with an AC-motor instead...
If you think you might like it, try it.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

Don't really understand what you guys talking about when saying gearing.

And also, I would like to build it not on baterries, but with cable...
Chico
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Chico »

ok, going with the small tubular concept I would go for a straight, cordless re-chargeable screwdriver.
This would give you the low RPM you want, with sufficient "grunt" to manage the 2 kilo.This would be single speed though.However, presumably, you are looking for a reciprocating action, not just rotary ?
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I don't look for rotary action at all. The rotation of a wheel placed vertically will be transformed into reciprocating motion. :yes: