[Release][Feedback] Clue - first tease

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

[Release][Feedback] Clue - first tease

Post by bbb11__ »

Link: https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 2b86f743b3

This is my first tease, so any and all feedback appreciated.

Hoping to make a 2.0 later that is more cohesive and detailed. But wanted to make a basic version to test my abilities and see the audience response to the format.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Re: [Release][Feedback] Clue - first tease

Post by kerkersklave »

I don't get the point of the tease. Right at the start it tells you who the culprit is. If you win directly, you are told you should restart, but if you fail on purpose and then win you get to cum. Is that how the game is supposed to work? What is the challenge?
If that's is a leftover from debugging, I get the game. I would prefer real girls instead of drawings, especially the style of these does not work for me very well. Also, the game is a little bit too simple to get me excited, but in general I love games like these, if they are a challenge and the teasing part also works.
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

The solution was left in from debugging. :-O Thank you for pointing that out!!!

Appreciate the feedback. I do think a version with real girls would be fun as well and might try that next.
I do want to add in other challenges/kinks (anal, cbt, etc.) but kept it more simple for now.

Thanks!
grelgen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by grelgen »

in normal clue, you get some kind of feedback when you guess. this is just poke in the dark till you guess 4X4X6 times.
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

grelgen wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:35 am in normal clue, you get some kind of feedback when you guess. this is just poke in the dark till you guess 4X4X6 times.
After 4 guesses you should start getting hints at each task.

Giving hints right away made the tease too short I felt. Maybe I should change that??
grelgen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by grelgen »

lol, I got frustrated right as the 4th guess finished animating. i guess i'll try again
xyth
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by xyth »

I like the idea of this tease!

I think it would be more fun if the game was split into two different steps; so you could start by interviewing the people and then once you think you know who it is you can accuse someone. Then you could do a more rewarding ending if you guess the right person on your first try or do punishment tasks if you accuse the wrong person.

Also I felt like the clues were too obvious. I could’ve gotten lucky but all the clues I got were like “they used their hand” or “it was in the bathroom.” It would be more fun if they were like “I was with a on the balcony” then you could go ask a and see if the tales line up.

It would be good if the characters had unique personalities too. Like some characters could have tells for lying that you could learn between games or some could be shy or exaggerate a lot and will only provide clues if you ask the right questions.

Anyways, definitely want to see a more detailed version 2 :love:
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

Thanks for the feedback! I wanted to keep it as close to the board game as I could. That’s why there’s very little roleplay type parts, like your first suggestion. I wanted a tease you can jump right into and get going.

Making the clues less generic and giving the girls an actual personality I do agree needs to happen. That definitely will go in 2.0.
Not sure how deceptive a clue would be though. I started to do that with the last two girls a tiny bit. Girl F has a few fun tricks, shes the only one that will offer a clue then not give it. Adding more things like that I need to do.

I really appreciate the ideas. Thanks!
FaeKingPixy
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by FaeKingPixy »

Fun tease, makes me want to make a murder mystery themed tease of my own! Clue's such a potentially rich game for this format, I'm kinda surprised there aren't much, much more...

Oh, but definitely agree that an ability to investigate or interview would benefit the game some, since the original rules of Clue rely on multiple players and rounds of "process of elimination". That said, it'd probably take some time to write a game like that, especially since you want a balance between helpful and not giving too much away... Alternatively, could have a limited number of guesses to act like a "ticking clock" before the murderer gets away with it to add more tension to each failed guess? I don't know, but it's a fun tease with plenty of potential. Looking forward to any future updates!
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

FaeKingPixy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:34 pm Fun tease, makes me want to make a murder mystery themed tease of my own! Clue's such a potentially rich game for this format, I'm kinda surprised there aren't much, much more...

Oh, but definitely agree that an ability to investigate or interview would benefit the game some, since the original rules of Clue rely on multiple players and rounds of "process of elimination". That said, it'd probably take some time to write a game like that, especially since you want a balance between helpful and not giving too much away... Alternatively, could have a limited number of guesses to act like a "ticking clock" before the murderer gets away with it to add more tension to each failed guess? I don't know, but it's a fun tease with plenty of potential. Looking forward to any future updates!
I was surprised to not find any similar teases too. The only board game is Snakes and Ladders, so I wanted to add another board game type tease.
I do think I need to make the hint process much more robust. I’d love to have the hint mechanic from Clue but couldn’t quite code it right. Having a girl reveal what cards she has based on your guess and going around. I think if I could get that and pair it with an interview type mechanic with the tasks it could work.

I agree there’s a lot of potential and I’m glad people agree! I just need to learn better coding or maybe someone will take this idea and build it out fully