Quad Channel Estim Device

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
senorgif2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Quad Channel Estim Device

Post by senorgif2 »

I hear some talk about people using two boxes to e-stim, and I thought to myself, what if I used a single box that outputs on four channels instead. Is there a guide to making such a contraption, has anyone done this already? I already have some idea on how to make files that have audio on four channels. I recently put together a DIY stereo stim box as described here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23322 and I'm wondering if i can basically use the same components and/or procedures with a quad channel board. Would I want/need a power supply with more Volts or amps? Would those 4ohm resistors still work? Would those transformers still be ok? As I write this, I wonder if just making another one of those DIY boxes that will share a new enclosure with my current device would be the better solution.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: Quad Channel Estim Device

Post by edger477 »

Before creating second box, I had 4 isolated outputs on my box (that was 2nd box I built) - there was one amplifier and each output went to pair of resistors/transformers making 4 outputs, 2 per each channel.

It can be driven by one amp, and there were no big issues, except inability to separately control the volume - and this is big dealbreaker because you want different size of electrodes. So as I don't always use 4 channels, I decided to create 2 boxes out of same components. I don't see why it would not work with one quad-channel amp (I did not see any such amps on sites but tbh I did not really look for them).
The most important thing to have is separate volume control for each channel. Power supply should be according to amp spec - if the current one is fine use it.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

I made another one, the second one used all of the same components except a different amplifier because the Midistim recommendation changed because the amp chip in the SMSL wasn't the one it used to be. Bought a second set of the same 3.9 ohm chassis mount resistors and same transformers as before. It could have all been put into the same case, but I don't stim with 4 channels that much, so I didn't want a giant box, so I just have two builds that are a reasonable size.
senorgif2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by senorgif2 »

I decided shortly after posting this that it would be best to just duplicate my first box. So I ordered all the parts again, and I am 3D printing a new enclosure that will hold both devices. 20 hr print.
rider55crazy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by rider55crazy »

I found a $800 dollar 4 channel device Wich will run of your pc, tablet or phone and use your own inputs and an SD card.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

rider55crazy wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:30 am I found a $800 dollar 4 channel device Wich will run of your pc, tablet or phone and use your own inputs and an SD card.
That sounds like waste of money... for estim something like this should be more than enough: https://smile.amazon.de/-/en/Bluetooth- ... 087FWWVB6/
rider55crazy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by rider55crazy »

it can run independant sound files per each channel allowing one to get a different feel plus one can have another file operate a different toy at the same time driven by funscripts