Buttons with variable description - EOS

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Buttons with variable description - EOS

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

Hi you all

I would like to know if there is any way so that buttons take the text out of a variable?

Please help me :unsure:
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave

Re: Buttons with variable description - EOS

Post by kerkersklave »

Doesn't seem to be the case. You can enable/disable actions based on a javascript expression. But if you really need script generated choices, you have to use a say-action to state the choices and then label the buttons with a,b,c or something.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

I am not sure I understand the question, are you asking how to make buttons contain what a variable contains? Otherwise I don't know what you mean about taking the text "out of a variable".
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

indyc wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:43 pm I am not sure I understand the question, are you asking how to make buttons contain what a variable contains? Otherwise I don't know what you mean about taking the text "out of a variable".
He wants text on button to come from eval, but there is no option for that, just visibility can be evaluated.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

edger477 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:49 pm
indyc wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:43 pm I am not sure I understand the question, are you asking how to make buttons contain what a variable contains? Otherwise I don't know what you mean about taking the text "out of a variable".
He wants text on button to come from eval, but there is no option for that, just visibility can be evaluated.
The HUD on my tease has things that comes from eval/variables but it was accomplished by fapnip, not me. Therefore, I think it can be done, but I don't know the scope of what it can be. If I were to guess, you might not be able to do anything for buttons in choice actions but you might be able to for notifications on the right side that can have buttons.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

indyc wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:22 pm The HUD on my tease has things that comes from eval/variables but it was accomplished by fapnip, not me.
From what I see, the HUD in your tease is a notification without a button just a title. The title can be set via javascript in EOS. So one could add several notifications with generated titles but the text of the actual button has to be fixed. Might be a viable alternative to a choice-action with buttons labeled a, b, c.