Email notifications

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Email notifications

Post by Augustulus »

Hey :wave:,

since a couple of days I don't get email notifications from milovana anymore :-/ .
I have checked that email notifications are still enabled, so I've been wondering if there is a general problem with email notifications at the moment or if I might have got too much notifications lately and hit a certain limit on notifications?
Does anyone else has noticed that their email notifications are not working?

Augustulus
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Email notifications

Post by doremi »

I don't know if it is related but a couple of new users are waiting to complete their registration. They don't get their emails from Milovana. One user told me this over Discord. I suggested that he tries the LOST PASSWORD, but never received the email in his gmail (checking the spam folder et al.). Feel free to PM me if you need further details.
:love:
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
Spoiler: show
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

Yes, now that I have checked I see that my last notification was on January 13, 2022. I generally get them about every day and I had nine that day. Today is January 26 and I've had none since then.

So something is definitely broken, or at least changed.

Hopefully Seraph0x will see your thread and check on the mail server.
ImageImage
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

doremi wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:40 am I don't know if it is related but a couple of new users are waiting to complete their registration. They don't get their emails from Milovana. One user told me this over Discord. I suggested that he tries the LOST PASSWORD, but never received the email in his gmail (checking the spam folder et al.). Feel free to PM me if you need further details.
Thanks, I'm pretty sure that this is related.
Trusfrated wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:34 am Yes, now that I have checked I see that my last notification was on January 13, 2022. I generally get them about every day and I had nine that day. Today is January 26 and I've had none since then.

So something is definitely broken, or at least changed.

Hopefully Seraph0x will see your thread and check on the mail server.
Yeah, that matches my observations. Got my last notification on January 14, 2022.
As far as I can see, the notifications here on the forum still work, it's just that they aren't sent to my email.
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by doremi »

From Tigre on Discord:
I'm a moderator of the Milovana subreddit and Milovana itself.
A few days ago many users started complaining they didn't get the email with the password. There is some sort of issue with the system that sends the emails and I messaged the admin Seraph0x about it in the moderators section of Milovana.
Until he logs in and fixes it or the issue somehow fixes by itself sadly I don't think new users will be able to join the site.
I made an edit to the invite code thread about. Keep an eye on it for future updates.
Sorry about the issue.
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.

LINKS:

Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

doremi wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:13 pm From Tigre on Discord:
I'm a moderator of the Milovana subreddit and Milovana itself.
A few days ago many users started complaining they didn't get the email with the password. There is some sort of issue with the system that sends the emails and I messaged the admin Seraph0x about it in the moderators section of Milovana.
Until he logs in and fixes it or the issue somehow fixes by itself sadly I don't think new users will be able to join the site.
I made an edit to the invite code thread about. Keep an eye on it for future updates.
Sorry about the issue.
Thanks for letting me know :-).
Now we know at least that they are aware of the problem.
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by doremi »

Augustulus wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:30 pm Hey :wave:,

since a couple of days I don't get email notifications from milovana anymore :-/ .
After a comment on Discord to the effect that emails started flowing, I did a little test and I received one. Maybe you will receive an email notification too, Augustulus?

LINKS:

Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

doremi wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:04 pm After a comment on Discord to the effect that emails started flowing, I did a little test and I received one. Maybe you will receive an email notification too, Augustulus?
Thanks for letting me know :smile: . Yeah, since a couple of days it's been working again fine. I was just too busy to leave a note here :-O :-).
So whatever it was it seems to be fixed now.