BROKEN Flashteases without a fix

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

BROKEN Flashteases without a fix

Post by Shattered »

As the editor for flashteases is now inoperable, alongside it a bug has made faux choices unplayable

https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=39570

The first page reads

<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2">

<FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="22" COLOR="#FFFFCC" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Faux <FONT COLOR="#99FF66">Choices</FONT></FONT>
</TEXTFORMAT><TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2">

<FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="12" COLOR="#000000" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="1">NOTE: Color is currently broken in some versions of the HTML5 flashtease. This tease requires it, so please view the flash version at https://milovana.com/webteases/showflash.php?id=39570 If you can read this text, or try a different web browser. Thanks!</FONT>

<FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">This tease has multiple days, but many are short. It's up to you if you want to take the days literally, play in chunks, or all at once. The code will be in <FONT COLOR="#FFFF00">yellow </FONT>at the end of major sessions, which might be a better time to take a break.</FONT>

<FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0"></FONT>

<FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="12" COLOR="#000000" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="1"></FONT>

<FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">If you like the tease, please considering rating it accordingly or supporting me on <FONT COLOR="#FF9900">Patreon!</FONT></FONT>
</TEXTFORMAT>

I hope it's a quick fix!
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: BROKEN Flashteases without a fix

Post by fapnip »

Know of any Nyx teases that use actions in the Eos client's "pcm2" compatibility module?

Those actions are:
must,
mustnot,
numactions,
numactionsfrom,
range, <- think I figured this one out
repeat,
repeatadd,
repeatdel,
repeatset,
set, <- think I figured this one out
unset <- think I figured this one out

I was thinking about building a tool to convert Nyx teases to Eos, but not exactly sure what the pcm2 actions do, or if they're even used by that many Nyx teases.
Last edited by fapnip on Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Shattered wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:19 pm As the editor for flashteases is now inoperable, alongside it a bug has made faux choices unplayable

I'm not sure if it can make a playable tease for it, as I've not played that tease before, and the converter probably has a ton of bugs, but you could try:
https://codepen.io/fapnip/full/RwVyNWB
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

fapnip wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:53 am
Shattered wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:19 pm As the editor for flashteases is now inoperable, alongside it a bug has made faux choices unplayable

I'm not sure if it can make a playable tease for it, as I've not played that tease before, and the converter probably has a ton of bugs, but you could try:
https://codepen.io/fapnip/full/RwVyNWB
I have a guideme backup saved, so the tease isnt lost forever, just on Milovana :lol:
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Shattered wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:12 am so the tease isnt lost forever, just on Milovana :lol:
Is there a difference ;-)

The converter should allow you to convert it to Eos and republish it, if you wanted to. Big blocks of text may look funny in Eos though. Haven't come up with the a good solution for that yet.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

fapnip wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:27 pm
Shattered wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:12 am so the tease isnt lost forever, just on Milovana :lol:
Is there a difference ;-)

The converter should allow you to convert it to Eos and republish it, if you wanted to. Big blocks of text may look funny in Eos though. Haven't come up with the a good solution for that yet.
I replied to your earlier message when I just woke up, so I didn't realise what you'd done! Very cool - I've tested it out up to day 3 and it works pretty great, so I think I'll publish it and credit you. Tease saved, thank you :w00t:

The only 'bug' I found was around one feature in Faux Choices that used one of the few advantages of flashteases - if you make two identical pages, with a 1 second timer on each page that goes between them, you can add some 'randomness' or change text boxes etc that the player can't normally see - but as EOS has text come up from the bottom on each page, it does this every second makes it unplayable, but I dont know how many people did that XD. I fixed the few on my first few pages.

But that's minor and easily fixable, so thanks for your work!
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Shattered wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:54 pm The only 'bug' I found was around one feature in Faux Choices that used one of the few advantages of flashteases - if you make two identical pages, with a 1 second timer on each page that goes between them, you can add some 'randomness' or change text boxes etc that the player can't normally see - but as EOS has text come up from the bottom on each page, it does this every second makes it unplayable, but I dont know how many people did that XD. I fixed the few on my first few pages.
Yeah, I noticed that after giving your tease a quick test. Unfortunately not much I can do.

I added the ability to select pages where you'd like to have buttons rendered on the right, as notification buttons, provided there are less than 5 buttons. (I think Eos caps out at 4 notifications.) However, while this change does help the buttons stay more clickable as the page text re-renders, the scrolling text makes it pretty difficult to read.
Shattered wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:54 pm But that's minor and easily fixable, so thanks for your work!
You're welcome!
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Shattered wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:54 pm - but as EOS has text come up from the bottom on each page, it does this every second makes it unplayable
Unfortunately I still won't be able to come up with an automatic way to deal with these edge cases, but I've updated your into1 page in this example conversion of Faux Choices (conversion not ready to be published as-is) to show how what you did in Nyx with "random" buttons can be simulated in Eos to some extent. Can only do up to 4 buttons. (Needs InitScript functions generated by Eos to Nyx converter v0.2.2+)

You can tell the converter to generate notification buttons for pages during conversion by entering something like the following into the given text box on the converter:

Code: Select all

+(intro1|myotherpage|yetanotherpage)
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

fapnip wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:49 pm
Shattered wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:54 pm - but as EOS has text come up from the bottom on each page, it does this every second makes it unplayable
Unfortunately I still won't be able to come up with an automatic way to deal with these edge cases, but I've updated your into1 page in this example conversion of Faux Choices (conversion not ready to be published as-is) to show how what you did in Nyx with "random" buttons can be simulated in Eos to some extent. Can only do up to 4 buttons. (Needs InitScript functions generated by Eos to Nyx converter v0.2.2+)

You can tell the converter to generate notification buttons for pages during conversion by entering something like the following into the given text box on the converter:

Code: Select all

+(intro1|myotherpage|yetanotherpage)
Yeah, seeing how that works is definitely similar to what I did! I think moreso I'm just happy its 99% playable and the edge case is just to be aware of though :)