[EOS] Problems loading images

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[EOS] Problems loading images

Post by figroll »

Hi,

I am trying to create a tease and am uploading images. It was all working fine but now when I upload my set of 6 images only three of them upload.

If I delete the gallery and reupload them the same 3 upload and the missing 3 are still missing. I get messages about hashes, and queued jobs but only some of the images appear.

I also tried deleting the tease and starting again with the same result. I also tried not using a gallery and just uploading them as Files. I have tried drag and drop and using the file selection dialog.

Some earlier galleries worked fine and have more than 3 images in but the ones I just added have this problem.

Thanks in advance.
figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [EOS] Problems loading images

Post by figroll »

BelleNomxxx wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:37 pm Could be the file type. I tried a few that were not jpegs once and it rejected them too. If it is not that then I have no idea :-)

Thanks for the reply.

Sadly all the files are JPGs. In fact JPGs from the same image sets with identical meta data and everything.
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Thamrill »

figroll wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:30 pm Hi,

I am trying to create a tease and am uploading images. It was all working fine but now when I upload my set of 6 images only three of them upload.

If I delete the gallery and reupload them the same 3 upload and the missing 3 are still missing. I get messages about hashes, and queued jobs but only some of the images appear.

I also tried deleting the tease and starting again with the same result. I also tried not using a gallery and just uploading them as Files. I have tried drag and drop and using the file selection dialog.

Some earlier galleries worked fine and have more than 3 images in but the ones I just added have this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
can you post the message about hashes? inside milovana servers images are stored by their hash (e.g., in https://media.milovana.com/timg/bb7eb51 ... dcace0.jpg the file name is the hash of the file), so it's possible (albeit improbable) that two images have the same hashes, and so they conflict inside the storage (and EOS prevents you from uplading the files). Try to open the image in paint and change a single pixel to a different color (even slightly). A more interesting possibility is trying to upload the file here https://emn178.github.io/online-tools/s ... cksum.html, find the hash of the file and then try to see if the file you are trying to upload is already loaded on milovana. Then you may be able to get it. I'll elaborate further if you decide to follow this path.

Thamrill

figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by figroll »

The hash message just says "Querying hash" or similar but it then continues to "Uploading xxx.jpg" so I would guess that means the hash was fine.

SHA1 for one of the files is 778cacc833dfcfaa38117b988d901c21f3bb89ec -- although if 6 different files are causing hash collisions I am playing the lottery this weekend :-)
figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by figroll »

EDIT: Apologies, the hash in my previous post is one of the ones that is working. This is a hash for one of the failures and gives an access denied error message.

https://media.milovana.com/timg/79fb6ca ... 7d0d01.jpg
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Thamrill »

figroll wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:17 pm SHA1 for one of the files is 778cacc833dfcfaa38117b988d901c21f3bb89ec -- although if 6 different files are causing hash collisions I am playing the lottery this weekend :-)
:lol: :lol: wouldn't been that difficult if somebody used the same pictures
figroll wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:18 pm EDIT: Apologies, the hash in my previous post is one of the ones that is working. This is a hash for one of the failures and gives an access denied error message.

https://media.milovana.com/timg/79fb6ca ... 7d0d01.jpg
Then I don't know what could be the problem :unsure: hope you are able to fix it, good luck!

Thamrill

figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by figroll »

So I worked this out -- turns out some of my images (5000x5000 or so) were just too large and the upload for those failed.