Release and feedback - Cum Roulette +

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Release and feedback - Cum Roulette +

Post by fapnip »

HellaLittyBroPoggers wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:52 am I don't really know how to do these I guess just tell me if there's any bugs
No real right or wrong way to write teases, but one last try at encouraging you do the roulette my way (aka: "right") ;-)
https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 20eae9b771
(JSON)
https://milovana.com/webteases/geteossc ... 20eae9b771

Notes:
1. Not fully tested at all.
2. Note the unreachable "goto" actions just after the edge choice that calls the roulette in the "[modelName]3" pages. Those simply signal Eos to preload the images on those pages, since the roulette page will be unable to do so.

Edit: I would also encourage you to use the "Auto Play" and "Allow user to skip the wait" options for many of your say actions, especially instructional ones the player may just want to skip.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

HellaLittyBroPoggers wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:01 am I tried very hard to understand the last stuff you sent me I think coding is not my thing. It just doesn't click with me and attempting to learn in english is hard I will read up on some KR sites and try to understand I am actively trying to learn.
I will keep your examples for learning in future and will send you my first attempt to check over.
Feel free to simply restore/import my JSON over yours and re-publish if you'd like to use my changes. (Just test it first.)

The main issue with your roulette is that you're trying to change the button the player will use to stop the roulette over and over, and that will cause issues since by the time Eos is able to react to the user's click, the button they clicked has likely been disabled and replaced by another. That's why I display/modify the roulette in a notification title, and have a single, unchanging, button in another notification to stop the roulette. However, without some JavaScript similar to the examples I've given, I'm not sure how you'll be able to detect where you stopped when using a single stop button -- so some coding will needed to do it "right".

This post may be helpful as a starting point to JavaScript in Eos, though not Korean:
viewtopic.php?p=277832#p277832
throwJOIP
Explorer
Explorer

Post by throwJOIP »

Great work! My only gripe is that larger sections of text appear very slow, but that's coming from a native speaker so it might be a bit different for you.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

HellaLittyBroPoggers wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:59 am I have struggled with the timings since the beginning.
As a general rule of thumb, I'd set most Say actions right before Choice actions to "instant". (There are of course some cases where you'll want a delay.) I'd also allow player to skip most Say actions, especially longer ones, unless a delay is required in the given context.

Also, before publishing, make sure you play the tease using the private link instead of the embedded debugger in the Eos editor. This allows you to experience the tease just as any other player would. The debugger's ability to skip all Say actions masks the annoyances of otherwise un-skippable Say actions.
candii
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): nicole

Post by candii »

Hi! Are we sure the roulette is lying to us? I rolled denied twice and the outcome both times was denied so it was telling the truth?
throwJOIP
Explorer
Explorer

Post by throwJOIP »

fapnip wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:18 pm
HellaLittyBroPoggers wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:59 am I have struggled with the timings since the beginning.
As a general rule of thumb, I'd set most Say actions right before Choice actions to "instant". (There are of course some cases where you'll want a delay.) I'd also allow player to skip most Say actions, especially longer ones, unless a delay is required in the given context.
Yeah I'd mostly agree with this. My opinion is to let the audience skip whatever they want, but I understand if authors want to enforce how their tease is played. At the very least, if there are no actual stroking instructions, just let the audience click through the text at their own pace, or present it all at once. E.g.

"Each girl will be 3 rounds. They all play differently." there's no need to have any delay on that.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

candii wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:42 am Hi! Are we sure the roulette is lying to us? I rolled denied twice and the outcome both times was denied so it was telling the truth?
The roulette doesn't lie. (I suppose the character you selected can?)