issue with EOS preview and pages.

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
Roblsforbobls
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
I am a: Switch

Re: issue with EOS preview and pages.

Post by Roblsforbobls »

Wow, that certainly is odd! I would say that nothing will load in a preview if you reference a variable that has not been initiated, but it doesn't sound like that's your problem because you say that things keep disappearing in your Eos Editor. Have you tried refreshing the page every once in a while when you work? That may help it save properly... I have no idea about the galleries either. Maybe someone else knows something else that we don't? If I'm understanding you correctly, then I have not had these same issues. :unsure:
YamiLoli
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): My lovely girlfriend Lexy (Xyanaris) <3
Sub/Slave(s): My lovely girlfriend Lexy (Xyanaris) <3

Post by YamiLoli »

Moody896 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:53 am Im probably doing something silly, but when i click preview after creating a page and adding some content to it (either at the side or to preview the current page) the screen opens as usual but none of the content appears. when i then reload EOS all of the content has gone. anybody else had this issue? also the galleries will not save. What is strange is that i can upload the images and put them in to tease no problem, it is simply after trying to preview where everything goes wrong. be great if anyone knows how to help :)
Do you have any init script (the code that runs on start-up) written?
Would be helpful if you posted it here, maybe there is something wrong with it.
Same thing with the main "edit" page. It's hard to tell what the problem is without knowing what actions you've included.
I haven't experienced this issue, but I hope I can help you solve it

P.S. Your tease might just be stuck at a certain action that doesn't allow it to move to the next one. After you start the preview, is there no picture or text?
Jahne
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Jahne »

I have the same issue, even with a completely basic tease (e.g. following the tutorial). No init scripts and just a single page with an image, text and endpoint. It tells me it is saving in the top-right, but when I try to preview the tease I just get a black screen. And just as Moody896 said, when I reload the editor the page is gone and the tease is blank.
YamiLoli
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): My lovely girlfriend Lexy (Xyanaris) <3
Sub/Slave(s): My lovely girlfriend Lexy (Xyanaris) <3

Post by YamiLoli »

Jahne wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:00 pm It tells me it is saving in the top-right,
but does it actually finish saving the tease?
Jahne
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Jahne »

YamiLoli wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:56 pm but does it actually finish saving the tease?
It says "Waiting..." then "Saving..." and then "Saved" with the Cloud icon, sou I assume it finished saving.
Roblsforbobls
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Roblsforbobls »

Update: Confirmed, I am having the same issue with new teases only. This needs to be investigated, as it might be a widespread bug affecting the saving of all new Eos teases
I have created a new tease named f to see if I can replicate the issue. I have no initial scripts. I uploaded a single picture into the gallery. On the start page I only have two actions: display the image and say "sample text." Top right hand corner says that it is saved.

Running the tease produces only a black screen. Going back to the start page, everything appears to still be there and saved, but reloading the page results in a loss of all of the pages and the gallery you were using.

This is not an issue for teases that already exist; I added a new action to an existing page, and it was saved properly.
stercoob_12
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by stercoob_12 »

Hey all, glad someone else is having this issue and it isn't just me! Only joined on Tuesday and have had this issue on the new teases I have tried to make, even with just basic text and nothing else.
Roblsforbobls
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Roblsforbobls »

Moody896 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:01 am Just a little bump to say I tried this morning and still have the issue. Is this the best place to report the problem? or is this tech support group more user to user? not trying to be pushy just wondering if the people who run the site are aware of the issue yet haha :)
Shattered got back to me this morning, he "posted in mod forum." So I assume that the mods are aware of the issue and will be looking into it over the coming days :-)
WolfpupNX
Explorer
Explorer

Post by WolfpupNX »

...well no wonder I can't figure this out. Was trying to create my first EOS tease and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Oh well - I'll check back in a few days. Thanks for this thread!
Censored
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Censored »

i am having this issue as well. I would really like to create an EOS tease.
Lamei
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lamei »

I have the same problem also. I've started using pen and paper to write down a flow chart of a new tease. Hopefully the issue is fixed soon as I can't test any complicated mechanics without the editor.
Drool
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by Drool »

Same issue here. When I create a new tease, make a page and try to preview it, there is only a black screen.
And when i refresh the browser the script is gone. I'm using Firefox (just updated) btw.
RuinedTwice
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by RuinedTwice »

Same issue here, nothing is getting saved.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

This issue should be fixed now. Apologies that it took so long!
Tedlington9099
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tedlington9099 »

seraph0x wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:55 pm This issue should be fixed now. Apologies that it took so long!
Just tried a few pages and we seem to be back in business ...thanks for fixing things seraphOx ... There should be a lot of very relieved Teasers who can now continue with the production of some wonderful work ... and hopefully a few will be Estim based ...