Alt.com

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
s mike
Explorer
Explorer

Alt.com

Post by s mike »

Hi all,
i am thinking about joining alt.com and just wondered if anybody here is a member, or has any good/bad experience with it? i'm quite new to submission and was told it may be a good place to meet someone that can help me explore.

Thanks in advance,
mike
cymerc
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Alt.com

Post by cymerc »

I've been on and off there for years, but nothing much ever came from it. There were a ton of what I call "ego doms" whose approach to some of my interests in submission just turned me off.....you know the "I am domme, OBEY or ELSE!" that either was geared to 24/7 submission or seeking a commercial relationship or it was someone who just didn't know what BDSM was all about beyond "whips and chains" and wanted a toy to boss around.

Some of the ladies *here* would be (in my view) "my perfect domme" but I never encountered much of that on any of the alternative personals sites I've surfed over the years.

That said, your mileage might vary.....I haven't been on alt.com for a few years, so much may have changed and my comments here might be outdated or flat-out-wrong. But good luck and keep us posted!
cymerc aKA "aldorax" my new handle
Nikki
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Nikki »

s mike wrote:Hi all,
i am thinking about joining alt.com and just wondered if anybody here is a member, or has any good/bad experience with it? i'm quite new to submission and was told it may be a good place to meet someone that can help me explore.

Thanks in advance,
mike
Hi mike..

You make Me sad for days gone by. I met My boy on alt.com YEARS ago, even before it was a pay site. It was a community where like minded people hooked up easily whenever they felt a need. After they shifted their game plan I moved to Bondage.com which, for years, was also a great place to meet like minded people. They offer a free and pay option. I have "heard" that now since they have been bought out by Playboy corp (I believe) it is going the way of alt and will not be the same. There are profiles listed that haven't been updated in over 7 years so the number of people enrolled is kind of skewed.

From my experience it was/is mostly Males enrolled there as Dominants. (not sure how it is now)

collar me.com and mydungonspace.com might be a couple of other places to meet someone.

Perhaps others know of other places.

Nikki

(by the way, it is not the paying I object to it is the changes that come from people running sites for purely profit, some of the passion gets drained from the site when the owners have no real personal interest)
cymerc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cymerc »

Nikki wrote:
collar me.com and mydungonspace.com might be a couple of other places to meet someone.

I just stood up a profile at collarme.com last weekend, actually!!

I was going to wait a bit before commenting on it, but agree, it's another site to consider.
cymerc aKA "aldorax" my new handle
mike_from_canada_18
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mike_from_canada_18 »

hello Mike!

I am also Mike... and i am a member of alt.com. Alt is a very great community. But as there is a free option to sign up... you find all sorts of people of all sorts of personalities. The filtering process may take some time... but getting past the bad ones is surely worth finding the diamonds in the rough. Open up a free account, and best of luck to you. My name on alt is mike_from_canada by the way.

Take care, Mike
happyclamm
Explorer
Explorer

Post by happyclamm »

I've been on both Alt and Collarme for years. On Alt there are a lot of fake profiles, and on Collarme there are a LOT of "Pro Dommes" who's only interest is to take your money, so beware. They will tell you that you MUST "tribute" to their paypal account before they'll even chat with you on IM. There are also "Dommes" on Collarme who will chat with you and tell you sob stories of being in Africa to visit their sick grandmother and not having the money to get home...lots of scams.

Both sites have a large volumn of women who reply once and never contact you again, even after you've followed up. It's very likely that this is due to the huge ratio difference between Dommes and sub males.

Of the two sites, Alt is the one from which I've actually met people. I've met several women from Alt, although I'm still searching for the "one".

I encourage you to check them out and see how your own luck goes, just be forewarned about the scam artists, especially on Collarme.
s mike
Explorer
Explorer

Post by s mike »

Thanks for all the replies, very much appreciated.

I had not even heard of collarme or mydungeonspace before. Think I will try alt.com first and see how I get on, then maybe collarme. Will try to watch for the scams though. Thanks again for the advice.