Harmful effects of edging and OD?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Human
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Harmful effects of edging and OD?

Post by Human »

Ms. Julie mentioned in another thread that edging might not be good for health.
For me, with OD and edging, my heart rate stays elevated for quite some time (hours) after the edging session (combined with OD). The next few days, any sexual thought or stimuli and again my heart rate stays elevated for quite a while.

Ms Julie has suggested that the physical symptoms are like that of stress and anxiety (true). So, do they also mean higher levels of cortisol and other bad things which affect the cardiovascular system negatively?
:love: :love: :love: Stoya :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Denisa Heaven :love: :love: :love:
:love: :love: :love: Blue Angel :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Caprice :love: :love: :love:
mike650
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Harmful effects of edging and OD?

Post by mike650 »

thats why you bust..od is no fun
Ms. Julie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Mistress

Post by Ms. Julie »

Of course OD is fun. It's incredibly fun! OD by itself really wouldn't cause much stress though, it's prolonged edging that is hard on the body, not OD. The body is perfectly fine at handling stress, both as fun activities (sex, sky diving, bunging jumping, etc) and unfun things (a car accident, being mugged, getting in a fight, etc). This short temporary bursts of stress are expected and usually no problem. The problem is when stress is chronic (money problems, work problems and possibly hours and hours of edging). Some people have problems with this and their body can show some pretty strong symptoms i.e. chronic fatigue, dizziness, nausea.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Banquo »

I do a lot of prolonged edging, I have even spent entire days edging over and over again. And for what it's worth, I don't feel particularly stressed afterwards, or indeed during the session. It's an enjoyable and relaxing experience for me. Yes it can be very intense, but that's part of the enjoyment too. Afterwards there is certainly a glow and a euphoria, even when I am left denied.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions