Let's redo the default tags!

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Let's redo the default tags!

Post by seraph0x »

Hey folks,

slavechylde recently said that he doesn't care much for the default tags and yeah, I agree - they suck. :lol:

So, let's get right to it!

What tags should remove from the publish page?
Which ones should we add?

All in all I want to end up with a list that is shorter than the current one, but don't let that stop you from suggesting new tags that you'd like to see.

Thanks for your input! :-)
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Evals »

Personally, I like how extensive the tagging list is, but there are a few things that I think people would like to see added, a couple based on some of those topics "help me find ___ teases." :-) Since you're overall goal is to eliminate unnecessary/unused tags that could be added through custom tags if desired enough, here's some to consider:
  • enema (Very few teases use this.)
  • hot-wax (Not many teases with this, either.)
  • exhibitionism (A little ambiguous, so it's not used very well.)
  • foodplay (Don't see many teases with food.)
    private-humiliation public-humiliation verbal-humiliation (Three humiliation tags could be combined into one.)
  • kneeling (Not a very strong fetish/anti-fetish for people, I think. Can't really see somebody searching for a tease specifically with kneeling.)
  • urethral-insertion (Really don't see many of these either.)
  • gagging (Kind of unclear... Could have to do with being gagged, or forced to deep-throat something.)
  • shaving (Very few teases here too.)
That leaves...
  • anal
  • cbt
  • bondage
  • pain
  • nipple-torture
  • chastity
  • cum-eating
  • chores
  • exercise
  • feminization
  • forced-orgasms
  • orgasm-denial
  • outdoors
  • scat
  • spanking
And ones that would be really nice to see added:
  • domination (To distinguish from the following tag.)
  • friendly / kind (Where the girl isn't all dominating.)
  • chance / randomness (Where random numbers or dice are involed.)
  • urine (Maybe I overlooked it and it's really there, but I see a scat tag and no urine tag.)
Finally, for the future, it'd be nice to tag teases with whether there's orgasming involved, and whether or not it's ruined. Ruined orgasms are something I really like, and come up a lot in the topics looking for types of teases. So "orgasm" or "ruined-orgasm" tag would be nice, with the option to make them visible or not for those who don't like to know until the end of the tease.

Hopes this helps! ^^
jp
Community Manager
Community Manager
I am a: None of the above

Post by jp »

Evals wrote:Finally, for the future, it'd be nice to tag teases with whether there's orgasming involved, and whether or not it's ruined. Ruined orgasms are something I really like, and come up a lot in the topics looking for types of teases. So "orgasm" or "ruined-orgasm" tag would be nice, with the option to make them visible or not for those who don't like to know until the end of the tease.
For me, I like not knowing if there's an orgasm (ruined or otherwise) at the end. Having a tag up front kind of takes away from the fun. Sure, that only counts for the first time you do/read the tease but that's the most exciting one anyways.
str0be
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by str0be »

I think that Evals has it pretty much covered.

I think chores could go.

ruined-orgasms could be added

maybe change scat to something covers brown and yellow? (unless it already does)

My vote would be to not have advance notice about whether an orgasm is coming at the end of a tease.

str0be
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Evals »

jp wrote:
Evals wrote:Finally, for the future, it'd be nice to tag teases with whether there's orgasming involved, and whether or not it's ruined. Ruined orgasms are something I really like, and come up a lot in the topics looking for types of teases. So "orgasm" or "ruined-orgasm" tag would be nice, with the option to make them visible or not for those who don't like to know until the end of the tease.
For me, I like not knowing if there's an orgasm (ruined or otherwise) at the end. Having a tag up front kind of takes away from the fun. Sure, that only counts for the first time you do/read the tease but that's the most exciting one anyways.
If there were a general options place where you could change viewing options, it contain an option to select a language as well as display whether or not to display the orgasm tabs. And while I prefer to not know the outcome of a tease before I start it, what would be cool would be able to view teases with orgasm, ruined, forced, or none when I know that's what I wanted!
camipco
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by camipco »

Just as a practical note, I think it would be nice to have a "series" tag to identify teases that have prequals/sequals.

Also, I'd like a general toggle for teases that take equipment or some other investment (like going out and buying panties) other than two hands and a chair.
all2true
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave
Dom/me(s): Looking for a dom/domme
Sub/Slave(s): I am a subby!

Post by all2true »

I'm still kinda new here

But I would really like to see a tag for Flashteases

Also if we are eliminating some
Why is orgasm-denial a tag?
Isn't this the point of the entire site? ;-)
It seems (to me anyway) a bit redundant tag.

I'm not sure how difficult the programming
end of this idea is but here’s the idea anyway: :-|

I wish there was some way to change my default search preference
So that I could (when I login) I would see: most viewed (or whatever my last search was)
Example: Last time I searched for CBT so when I hit webteasese I get… CBT as my current search (instead of most resent)

Looking around the site I found some older teases
with tags that don't have a link (?)
Examples: Lube, shoelace, chastity, dildo, ect.
It might be interesting to include them as well (?)
(would that be a search by: toys?)

All2true
Last edited by all2true on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

all2true wrote:Why is orgasm-denial a tag?
Isn't this the point of the entire site? ;-)
It seems (to me anyway) a bit redundant tag.
No, most definitely not. Orgasm denial just happens to work with the webtease format particularly well (as the name webtease implies), but there are quite a few teases now that have no stroking and/or denial instructions. :-)

I get what you mean, but I'd like to keep the tag, if only to emphasize that webteases do not have to be about T&D every single time. :lol:
all2true wrote:I wish there was some way to change my default search preference
So that I could (when I login) I would see: most viewed (or whatever my last search was)
Example: Last time I searched for CBT so when I hit webteasese I get… CBT as my current search (instead of most resent)
Off-topic, but yeah I've been thinking about that one. I wouldn't make the filters persistent by default, but in the form of an option like "remember my browsing option", sure, why not? Thanks for the suggestion.

--

Great suggestions so far, keep 'em coming, I'll put together a revised list in the end. :-)
someone43
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by someone43 »

The tag "Angus approved" would help me a lot!

It would save me from sifting through pages of teases to my favorites.

8-) 8-)
slavechylde
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slavechylde »

Thanks for taking up this subject. Just to be clear, I never said they suck. :)

I just think there are a few that have little utility, while we're missing a few.

This is just my opinion, so feel free to take it or leave it. As long as I have Custom Tags, I am good to go. ;)

Tags are meant to be informative. They not only are supposed to indicate teases that interest you, but they should also tip you off to teases that may not be your cup of tea. So, the question becomes which tags are used regularly, and which tags can be entered via Custom Tags.

Besides the mandatory tags, these are the optional tags we have:

Fetishes

anal, bondage, cbt, chastity, chores, cum-eating, enema, exercise, exhibitionism, feminization, foodplay, forced-orgasms, gagging, hot-wax, kneeling, nipple-torture, orgasm-denial, outdoors, pain, private-humiliation, public-humiliation, scat, shaving, spanking, urethral-insertion, urine-play, verbal-humiliation

Most of these are okay. But, a couple I think could be removed and entered via Custom tags include: chores, enema, foodplay, gagging, hot-wax , scat, urethral-insertion, urine-play

I did a quick, random scan of the tags throughout the index, and those tags were rarely, if ever used. All the rest have been used regularly enough to maintain them. WRT hot-wax, I'd recommend changing it to candle-wax or dripping-wax - I am not sure hot-wax resonates with everyone.

Kneeling was called out by someone else as one to lose, but I would disagree. It's used fairly regularly, and, as I indicated before, tags can be used to alert someone to a tease they want to skip as much as one they want to do. I see urethral-insertion, and I am out of there! :)

Toys

belt, buttplug, candle, chastity-belt, clothespins, cock-ring, collar, condom, corset, diaper, dice, dildo, dress, enema-kit, gag, hairbrush, handcuffs, high-heels, ice-cubes, icy-hot, lube, makeup, marker, mirror, nipple-clamps, paddle, pen-and-paper, q-tips, ribbon, rope, rubber-bands, ruler, sandpaper, shaving-tools, shoelace, shot-glass, skirt, sneaker, stockings, stopwatch, tampon, tape, toothpaste, towel, vibrator, weights

Most of these are okay, but several are never, or rarely used. Those could be entered via Custom Tags (e.g., corset, diaper, enema-kit, pen-and-paper, q-tips, ribbon, sandpaper, shaving-tools, sneaker, stopwatch, tampon)

The following are some tags I recommend for inclusion (YMMV):

edging, playful, friendly, kneeling, spanking, ridicule, cuckold, sound (for Flash), chastity-device, lesbian, worship.

One could argue that chastity-belt and chastity-device are the same thing; but I would argue they are not. I would argue that, in this day in time, a chastity-belt is more connected to women, while a chastity-device spans both genders and more than one type of chastity mechanism.

If I have further thoughts, I'll offer them.

Again, thank you for opening up this topic.
str0be
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by str0be »

cuckold is a good one.

I was also thinking that it might nice to have a tag for shemale since I've seen people mention they hate getting blindsided by it. And it would be nice to not have to tie the authors hands about what to title their tease just to give a heads up.
slavechylde
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slavechylde »

Oh yeah...I definitely want to throw in my support for tags to indicate non-English teases.

Thank you to Paul for including it in his title on the latest one. Hot girl, btw!!
slavechylde
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slavechylde »

str0be wrote:cuckold is a good one.

I was also thinking that it might nice to have a tag for shemale since I've seen people mention they hate getting blindsided by it. And it would be nice to not have to tie the authors hands about what to title their tease just to give a heads up.
She-male would be an excellent addition. Good idea.
ZslaveX
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ZslaveX »

Add ruined orgasm :-D
stick-dick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by stick-dick »

Most of the important ones you guys have mentioned.

I like the ones with videos (links to cut/paste unfortunately with the older teases, hopefully builtin with Nyx as the authors explore this).

Same with sound (Nyx mainly).

Same with timers

So: video, sound, timer would be my suggestions