Interactive teases

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
deanofl
Explorer
Explorer

Interactive teases

Post by deanofl »

Allow creation of more teases that require interaction of some sort.
Perhaps some that can only be viewed when logged in.
Or that require a code that a user gets by logging in.
Or that requre a PM be sent. The code could be autoresponded back to deal with quantity of user issues.
Or perhaps pay a monthly fee to be able to see premium teases or teases with high ratings.

The Jana series of teases has been extraordinary to a large extent, I believe, because of the interaction required.
It made the whole experience much more real.
A premium section that took up on this might prove valuable.
strokerboy3
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Interactive teases

Post by strokerboy3 »

Why would you suggest having to pay for something that has always prided itself on being free. Not being allowed to view certain content because I can't afford it would be a bad idea and I think would ultimately lead to the loss of site activity. Just my two cents
dtspam
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by dtspam »

Yeah, strange suggestion. Why should this site get more attractive when restricting access?
That's not the kind of "interaction" that is exciting. To get that kind of interaction a author has to put in the effort of replying to emails etc.
A few have integrated such an element in their teases and usually they can only keep it up for a while.
Some teases include going to the chat or posting on the forums to get some interaction, but that doesn't always work either of course.
But that's just how things are. There is as much interaction in teases as authors and other contributors want there to be.
If an author wants to get paid for interaction he can still ask for some payment from readers. As long as a tease is more then just an ad for paid services, I think that is within the rules of this site. (I think, I've read somewhere, that commercial stuff is fine, as long as it contributes something to the site).
I wouldn't expect much from that though, in my experience stuff like that is best when its free ;-)
deanofl
Explorer
Explorer

Post by deanofl »

Good points.
Logging in is free, however. Teases that require logging in would provide a bit of interaction which may enhance things for some users.

Two other points:
1. When I first started visiting this site I NEVER would have joined or paid anything. Only after using it for a long while and seeing the quality do I now trust it enough to have created a logon. So, I hear you and concur with keeping the site true to its original intentions. The non-commercialness makes it special. I had a poor choice of words by stating "pay" and "premium". I meant a way to contribute somehow to have some sort of interaction - see point 2.

2. Having gotten a Lot out of this site I, and I imagine a few others, would like a chance to give back. I am not one for creating teases but a "voluntary $ contribution" would be a way to do so. Perhaps a button after logging in that allowed a contribution with no direct benefits would work. Help to pay some of the costs of keeping the site active. If there was a bit extra then it could go to the Authors of teases that month based on the Administrator's discretion. I think this would be in keeping with the spirit of the site.
curiousSK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by curiousSK »

The owner of this site has said many times that there is no intention for ever charging for it's use or content - unless he suddenly changes his mind, that's his call. would the voluntary donation be split between the site owner AND the author? because if not the authors have no need to improve upon what they're already doing, and could feel like their content is making someone else money, if it were (for example) £/$/€ 0.20 to view a tease then it has the potential to make the author and the site a lot of money, however there would need to be a way of saving that purchase onto each account so that one person doesn't have to pay each time they want to view the same tease. It sounds like a lot of work, and although attractive to authors, i'm not sure people would happily spend money seeing things that used to be free.

interesting idea though, i'd start writing a lot more if i knew i could make a few cents/pence for each view.

SK
Best wishes - SK :oldtimer:
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Thought :hmmm:
If high ranked teases were chargeable then it would encourage low votes.
Is it not being thought of implementing a low score filter?

Much of the other thoughts are already possible,
However it smacks of enforcing teases to be standardised.
Which I feel would stifle creativity.

Does deanofl really just want more teases of the type Jana/Decker produces?

I do think a voluntary donate button on the home page is a reasonable thought,
It should not be linked to any content in particular however.
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

noone can charge nothing here. 99.9% of teases use copyright material, which milovana does not own. Taking payment for them in any way will be most troublesome.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

true Nezhul.
The lawyers are reluctant to act if no money involved.
That is also why it is requested to leave any identifying parts to the pictures visible.
And only use free to view images.
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

As for logging in (free) - that will be a feature of MIA, our next-generation tease system. Right now I don't have time to work on MIA, but yes, this is a feature that will eventually happen.

As for donating to authors - authors can ask for donations, that's not a problem. They have to figure out some kind of payment method obviously that allows adult stuff, but from our end, we don't mind it. I believe an author could sign up for AlertPay and add his AlertPay ID or whatever to the tease for example, but please check with AlertPay whether they allow that. I can only speak for Milovana.

As for authors marketing products/services - it's impossible to draw a line between this and spam. So if you want to engage in this, you have to be prepared that admins may make an arbitrary decision and delete your tease.

On the line between donations and marketing products/services - this is a clear distinction in my opinion. For a donation you don't get anything back. Now, some of you might want to take donations and give people some kinds of perks for it. That's probably fine in most cases, but you then fall under marketing rule, where we decide things on a case-by-case basis, see the previous paragraph.

As for a premium section - I've been thinking about this in the back of my head for a long time. In fact, the name Milovana was a code name for a tease-related premium project even before this site came about. So far though, it's never made it to the top of my list. So it's something I'd love to do some day, whether that day will ever come though is far from certain.