Problems about Internet Explorer 7.0

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
teazee

Problems about Internet Explorer 7.0

Post by teazee »

Not sure if I have a problem or if it is with the website. Just upgraded to windows explorer 7.0. Since then I have not been able to see the user ratings (stars) for the teases and I only see half of a thumbnail image. I have no other problems with any other website. Any clues?

Thanks
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

Thanks for the info. I highly recommend to use Firefox, because it's the better browser for all sites. We will care about the problem. Hmm ok i checked the microsoft website. A new version, that means new work :-/ Maybe the fix of this problem will take some time. So please be patient.

I don't use Internet Explorer from Microsoft. Is that the only problem you have? If yes the fix should be not a big problem, i hope :innocent:

edit: by the way i hope it's ok that i rename the thread in Internet Explorer 7 problems. I could imagine that more users will have problems. So we have one thread. Thanks again :-)
Try or die

Post by Guest »

[/quote]Is that the only problem you have? If yes the fix should be not a big problem, i hope

Yep, thats the only problem I have. I can view the teases just fine. It's just a problem with the thumb nails and I don't see the star ratings anymore.
Teazee

Post by Teazee »

dark wrote: Is that the only problem you have? If yes the fix should be not a big problem,

Gee not sure what I did with that response button. Anyhow, the only problem I have is just with the thumb nails and I don't see the star ratings anymore. I can view the teases just fine.

Thanks
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

dark: I hope that there won't be other problems. Actually the design was already tested with IE7. Probably the last-minute fixes for IE5 messed things up again. :-/

Teazee: Thanks for the report. I'll work on this immediately as IE7 final is going to be released any day now.
subterfuse

re: suggestion

Post by subterfuse »

I have design a few sites now with IE7 in mind....and I have found the main issue occurs with margins and padding especially in CSS coding..hope that is of some use
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: re: suggestion

Post by seraph0x »

subterfuse wrote:I have design a few sites now with IE7 in mind....and I have found the main issue occurs with margins and padding especially in CSS coding..hope that is of some use
Thanks for the pointer. However in this case it was related to a classic problem in how IE handles the rendering of the page. It can't properly calculate z-index values for elements that don't trigger it's internal hasLayout mechanism. This is browser bug that has been introduced in IE5 and obviously is still there in IE7. Can't believe that Microsoft still wasn't able to fix this... :closedeyes:

Anyway, it should work now. I just hope I didn't introduce another bug with this fix. :-P
Teazee

Post by Teazee »

Problem fixed ! Everything looks normal again.

Thanks