Webteases go instruction videos

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Webteases go instruction videos

Post by dark »

Did you people know there are ladies out there who take your webteases, convert them to videos, sell them for 5-10 dollars per download and make thousands of dollars from it?

Somebody gave me a hint a while ago and I thought it's impressive. I even found one of my very old webteases converted 1 to 1 in a video by a russian "cam whore". I felt honored but I also assume some people wouldn't like it.

What do you think about? Is it cool or thievery?
Try or die
draucus
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Webteases go instruction videos

Post by draucus »

I don't think it is thievery. The teases here are free and therefore the author does not make a penny in profit.
If a third party takes this publicly accessible tease and translates it to video format I think she should be allowed to. I also recognize the author's rights to the tease which is why they should be given credits in the video. If the person making the video is stating that it was their idea then this to me is a blatant lie and very wrong on their part.
curiousSK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by curiousSK »

links?
Best wishes - SK :oldtimer:
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

cool.
although it would be nice if they repaid the favour by putting some free content up on this site too.... :whistle:
Razen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Razen »

All original works written in the United States are protected by copyright law. US copyright law extends, through treaty, to most of the world. You have a right to your works and can sue anyone that is using them without your permission.

That said, it would be difficult to pursue such a thing without bringing your true identity out into the open. Still, threats of litigation would be enough to deter all but the most determined pirate. And, I do believe they are pirates, thieves, and deserve not to make a dime off your original work without your permission.

I can help point people into the right direction on some of this...