Suggestion: RSS feed for best and most viewed teases

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Suggestion: RSS feed for best and most viewed teases

Post by cactusman »

There is an RSS feed for the latest teases. Could there also be a RSS feed for the best and the most viewed teases?
chastity
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Suggestion: RSS feed for best and most viewed teases

Post by chastity »

Sadly, no.

Here is the way RSS works, each time something new happens it is added to the feed. Old things get moved down, new things are added on top. Things you have seen before, ignored or watched are never seen again. Think of it like news articles in a newspaper. This is a way to filter the net for those of us with lots of sources of information.

For your idea to work someone would need to compile said lists and add them to the rss feeds, An additional aggregation of information which has no purpose. This is a bad idea unless your only feed is MiloVana.

Regards...

ps, run, run for the hills! I am back
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

chastity wrote:Sadly, no.

Here is the way RSS works, each time something new happens it is added to the feed. Old things get moved down, new things are added on top. Things you have seen before, ignored or watched are never seen again. Think of it like news articles in a newspaper. This is a way to filter the net for those of us with lots of sources of information.

For your idea to work someone would need to compile said lists and add them to the rss feeds, An additional aggregation of information which has no purpose. This is a bad idea unless your only feed is MiloVana.
I'm pretty sure you are wrong, as there is an RSS feed for Milovana already that has the latest teases. It's accessible from the homepage and the link is

http://feeds.feedburner.com/MilovanaWebteases

I think it would be possible to regenerate the RSS feed each time the best or most viewed top 10 list changed, or say once a day...
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Nezhul »

yes it CAN be like that. With a little java scripting. For example every hour the script searches if there are new popular teases, and if there is - that's the event for RSS.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

Nezhul wrote:yes it CAN be like that. With a little java scripting. For example every hour the script searches if there are new popular teases, and if there is - that's the event for RSS.
Wow, I nearly fell out of my chair to see you agreeing with me, Nezhul. That's a pleasant surprise. :-D
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I'm not agreeing with anyone - I'm opposing the one who said it's not possible.
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

Nezhul wrote:I'm not agreeing with anyone - I'm opposing the one who said it's not possible.
Ah, that's more like the Nezhul I know. :-D
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

cactusman wrote:
Nezhul wrote:I'm not agreeing with anyone - I'm opposing the one who said it's not possible.
Ah, that's more like the Nezhul I know. :-D
:lol:

Back on topic: Thanks for the suggestion, but as others have stated, RSS really isn't that well suited for the job. I could see something in the way of that we have somebody from the community who goes around and "features" teases they like. Then we could have an RSS feed of featured teases.

Feel free to discuss this idea, I've already got a lot planned for the near future, but I'm always watching for the next cool thing to implement. The more detail there is on an idea and the more interest, the more likely it'll get picked up.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I think tastes are too different to have people like that. It'll take like 5 people that will feature the teases they like in different categories. Like one loves storys, other - pain, other - instructions, other - humiliation, etc.
In theory you could create like 5 rss lines for that, and the user wil choose wich lines to attend. Like 1 is the pain line, other - edging, etc.
But I think it aint worth the effort.
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

seraph0x wrote: I could see something in the way of that we have somebody from the community who goes around and "features" teases they like. Then we could have an RSS feed of featured teases.
Nezhul wrote:I think tastes are too different to have people like that.
I like the idea but I know what Nezhul is saying, perhaps you could have a different person from the community each week, perhaps people with high rated teases, totm winners, lots of teases authored, or anyone who want to do it. They could pick a tease and write about why they like it or whatever.

Although I dont know how RSS feeds work (even tho I think RS stands for 'really simple', its still beyond me).
Perhaps a blog would be good, something similar to the old slavechylde recommends thread. So that old teases dont get forgotten :)