Potential Website Bug *RESOLVED*

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
leavemehanging
Explorer
Explorer

Potential Website Bug *RESOLVED*

Post by leavemehanging »

When I load this site, the style sheets and most of the images on every page outside this forum do not load. Here is what I see:

A little digging has revealed that the style sheets and images that aren't being loaded in my browser are coming from res.milovana.com.

Here is what happens when I ping res.milovana.com.

I can replicate this using IE, Firefox and Chrome and using my ISPs DNS server as well as Google's Public DNS server.

My guess is that others may also be experiencing this issue. Hopefully you can resolve it. Thanks.
Last edited by leavemehanging on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
jjsubslut
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Potential Website Bug

Post by jjsubslut »

sight loads just fine like it always has on my computer.
leavemehanging
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Potential Website Bug

Post by leavemehanging »

Did more digging. Turns out it's a local issue. My Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware software was blocking the connection to res.milovana.com ... it's all good now.

The website owners may still want to contact Malewarebytes and see why their res.milovana.com domain is on the block list as a potentially malicious site.

Just to be clear, I do not believe Milovana is actually malicious (at least not in a bad way).
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Potential Website Bug *RESOLVED*

Post by seraph0x »

Since the IP they blocked belongs to one of the most popular Content Delivery Networks, not only Milovana but several thousand other websites would be affected.

According to Malwarebytes, they removed the IP from the blocklist in June:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.ph ... 4301&st=20
MysteryFCM (Malwarebytes Staff) wrote:I've made an exclusion specifically for this IP, as I felt that was the best course of action in the interests of the programs users.
So if you update your database the IP should no longer be blocked.