Advance past timer on flash editor preview

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
bondageslave36
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Advance past timer on flash editor preview

Post by bondageslave36 »

I'm not sure if this is planned or has been mentioned yet, and I did a search and didn't see it anywhere...

When creating/editing a flash tease, it can get very time consuming when attempting to debug the program or ensure each page has the correct timer on it or is calling the correct page.

For example, I just made a tease called "Broken Heart Therapy." It contains secret timers that range from 2 to 5 minutes each. When previewing the tease, it would be nice to have a button that will allow me to manually advance the page as if the timer ran out so that the tease will advance quickly instead of waiting for the thing to run out. This would just be for editing and debugging, of course. What took me 3 hours to verify the other night could have easily taken me 10 minutes if I had this option. This was a pretty simple tease as far as interactivity goes, so the lack of this kind of test feature is deterring me from making another interactive tease that is more advanced.

Also, during the preview of the tease, the creator should be able to see the time that is left on a secret or hidden countdown. I almost set one of my pages to countdown from 150 minutes instead of seconds the other night. Ouch!

Perhaps these options are somewhere and I just missed them.

Don't get me wrong, I love the site and everything that has been done, and I don't want to sound unappreciative, but I just think that this change would be a great addition to the flash editor and probably wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Also, is there a link to the flash editor somewhere that I am missing? I have to search the forums every time I want to go to the thing.
Lucky
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Advance past timer on flash editor preview

Post by Lucky »

Oh! That is it! I wrote flash tease cacher some months ago with a hope that it will transform into editor with debug options, but nobody seemed to care. Good luck with your proposition and I hope you will be noticed :whistle:
bondageslave36
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bondageslave36 »

Lucky wrote:Oh! That is it! I wrote flash tease cacher some months ago with a hope that it will transform into editor with debug options, but nobody seemed to care. Good luck with your proposition and I hope you will be noticed :whistle:
Eh... it is just a suggestion. No big deal if it isn't implemented because of time constraints or there isn't a large enough demand for it... this site is free. I just think it would improve the quality of teases and the number of errors in the flash teases.
sexualreflex909
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sexualreflex909 »

I have to say that I too found the timers in the tease extremely annoying, infact I even watched a full simpons episode whilst waiting for the tease to go through.

PLEASE use more reasonable timings next time, I got halfway and just gave up, its not very hot/ humiliating when the tease is so stop/ start
bondageslave36
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bondageslave36 »

sexualreflex909 wrote:I have to say that I too found the timers in the tease extremely annoying, infact I even watched a full simpons episode whilst waiting for the tease to go through.

PLEASE use more reasonable timings next time, I got halfway and just gave up, its not very hot/ humiliating when the tease is so stop/ start
I wasn't talking about the timers while actively viewing a tease, reflex. I was referring to the timers when creating/editing a tease.
sexualreflex909
Explorer
Explorer

Fair enough, but despite this I would suggest lowering the time needed to advance, from what I could tell the tease itself was actually fairly short, but half an hour later I had only progressed maybe 4 or 5 pages.

The pages themselves didnt have much content so the timers where a bit over the top, I appreciate you used them to add time to the mantra chanting, but honestly theres only so many times you can say something before it just loses all value and gets boring.

Just my two cents.
bondageslave36
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bondageslave36 »

sexualreflex909 wrote:Fair enough, but despite this I would suggest lowering the time needed to advance, from what I could tell the tease itself was actually fairly short, but half an hour later I had only progressed maybe 4 or 5 pages.

The pages themselves didnt have much content so the timers where a bit over the top, I appreciate you used them to add time to the mantra chanting, but honestly theres only so many times you can say something before it just loses all value and gets boring.

Just my two cents.
Just so you know, I have a thread open in "The Art of Webteasing" forum named "Feedback: Broken Heart Therapy" I appreciate the critiques, but I am sure the mods of this site would like to keep the comments about teases in one place and comments on the suggestion in another. Perhaps a mod could relocate the appropriate comments, if they happen to read this.

WARNING Possible Spoilers on "Broken Heart Therapy" tease ahead: It only takes about 45 minutes to complete the tease if you only go through it once. In reality, most pages are 2 to 3 minutes. There is only one page that is 5 minutes long, and that is only triggered when you have to repeat the tease, which will, of course, take you longer to perform the tease. The point of the tease is not merely to get you off like some teases. I stated that pretty clearly on the first page. The point of this tease is to make you repeat these mantras and to think about your ex for long enough that you begin to feel the pain of when she left you. You will then begin to associate pain and heartbreak to masturbatory pleasure. I've received feedback from people who have broken down and cried during the tease. They've said that if the timers were any shorter, it wouldn't have been very effective. This is because they would be constantly distracted by the changing web pages and would have no time to truly focus on what they are saying. My goal was to have you start repeating something that starts off innocent and fun, then begins to bore you. Once your mind has become bored enough with repeating the mantra, it will be looking for a way to occupy itself. So, it will begin to analyze the words you are saying. Then, and only then, is the repetitive mantra effective. So, I had to allow for enough time for that entire process to take place. Personally, when I perform this tease, I need another few minutes at each page in order for it to effect me. I've been right to the edge of breaking down, but it hasn't happened yet. If it doesn't work for you, perhaps what you need is even longer timers to really allow the words you are saying to penetrate. Then again, I think there are some people that won't ever break down to this kind of thing. Perhaps you are one of those people. ;)

Thanks for the comment, it is appreciated.
sexualreflex909
Explorer
Explorer

Ah sorry didnt realise there was another thread

Ill keep this small because ive already derailed this thread too much, but I fully appreciate your reasonings for doing what you did with the timers, and appreciate the effect probably works very well in most cases, in my case I was slightly put off and the humiliation/ heartbreak was lost.

I will say though, that my critism was wrong considering the reasoning behind the long timers, I will still say that I personally would prefer short timers, but the majority might find it works better with the long timers, I havent seen the other thread but im assuming thats the response you got.

Thanks for clarification!
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

You can select an action to execute in order to test a specific page. So just to make it clear for any other less experienced authors reading this thread: You don't have to sit through the whole tease every time to test it, you can go right to the page you're working on.

Still I understand it can be frustrating to wait out the same timer countless times. Here are some thoughts:

- Test your tease with all timers set to three seconds, once you're happy and everything works, raise the timers to their final level.

- We intentionally made sure the preview is as close to the real thing as possible. This can be a good thing. Look at it this way: If the length of the timer annoys you - chances are it could annoy your viewers as well.

I may consider this feature in the future, but for the reasons above I think there are ways around it. I still have to think very carefully how to spend my time on Milovana, because at the moment I don't have a lot of it.
bondageslave36
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bondageslave36 »

seraph0x wrote:You can select an action to execute in order to test a specific page. So just to make it clear for any other less experienced authors reading this thread: You don't have to sit through the whole tease every time to test it, you can go right to the page you're working on.

Still I understand it can be frustrating to wait out the same timer countless times. Here are some thoughts:

- Test your tease with all timers set to three seconds, once you're happy and everything works, raise the timers to their final level.

- We intentionally made sure the preview is as close to the real thing as possible. This can be a good thing. Look at it this way: If the length of the timer annoys you - chances are it could annoy your viewers as well.

I may consider this feature in the future, but for the reasons above I think there are ways around it. I still have to think very carefully how to spend my time on Milovana, because at the moment I don't have a lot of it.
Thanks a lot for the reply seraph. I know you are a busy man and all. Hope my request didn't sound too demanding.