Metronome madness

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
eteased
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Metronome madness

Post by eteased »

Let me know what you thought. I saw the thread about ideas for the Flash Editor, and it made me think about having a metronome widget. Ideally the widget would work like a metronome (making a noise at a frequency that could be adjusted) and would also be able to count how many times it cycled.

The nice little flash-based metronome I stumbled across online does a great job at the first part. Too bad it can't count as well.

Anyway, I thought I'd put together a tease to illustrate how it could be used. Hope people enjoy it and maybe get inspired...
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Sold! :-)

So the features are:
- You can set the time between strokes or the bpm whichever you prefer
- You can set whether you want a counter to be shown
- You can set a maximum number of clicks after which the page automatically changes

Have I got everything?
TeaseFunForYou
Explorer
Explorer

Post by TeaseFunForYou »

Hi,
I think this is a great idea. A lot of teases, like PCM2 and the current Flash Tease use pre-defined sounds, but letting the tease-maker select the exact speed is the next level!

Another possible feature could be to add a randomization factor: Perhaps a option could be added so you have a scenarios like:

Beats at 1.5 BPM for somewhere between 30 seconds and 45 seconds.
Beats at 1.5 BPM for between 100 and 150 beats.

I know nothing of coding, so I have no idea how hard it is (To me, it all sounds impossible!) but I love it when flash-type teases have a "slow/fast" combination:

10 2BMP strokes, 20 .5BPM strokes, 10 2BPM, etc...

Perhaps for a random number of cycles between a defined range?

Just ideas, I'm really excited about this!
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

TeaseFunForYou wrote:Hi,
I think this is a great idea. A lot of teases, like PCM2 and the current Flash Tease use pre-defined sounds, but letting the tease-maker select the exact speed is the next level!

Another possible feature could be to add a randomization factor: Perhaps a option could be added so you have a scenarios like:

Beats at 1.5 BPM for somewhere between 30 seconds and 45 seconds.
Beats at 1.5 BPM for between 100 and 150 beats.
Mhh, ok, how about this:

- You can also set a minimum and maximum number of clicks and somewhere between them the page changes.

Regarding the 30 to 45 seconds part: You can do that using the delay() command. No need to add it to this feature, too.
TeaseFunForYou wrote:I know nothing of coding, so I have no idea how hard it is (To me, it all sounds impossible!) but I love it when flash-type teases have a "slow/fast" combination:

10 2BMP strokes, 20 .5BPM strokes, 10 2BPM, etc...

Perhaps for a random number of cycles between a defined range?
I think this would get really complicated in terms of the syntax to enter the numbers.

But what you can do it is just hop back and forth between two pages with the respective speeds.
TeaseFunForYou wrote:Just ideas, I'm really excited about this!
cymerc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cymerc »

Like the flash tease, this is a pretty nifty evolution in the webtease concept. Not only does this give you some auditory guidance, but keeps you (somewhat) honest. :) Kind of like (but much nicer than) the animated "strokebar" you see in some flash teases and Powerpoint-based ones on the various Yahoo groups.

On a side note, I used a software metronome to record a bunch of metronome tones to use with my ex-gf's ipod vibrator. Was really a fun way to watch a move together on the couch, I must say....you could tell when she'd get close and she'd grip my arm, then let go an relax when it went from an almost-there 220bps to a maddeningly-teasing 80bps. *grin*

Great ideas/progress here. Bravo to all the hardy souls making it possible!
eteased
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by eteased »

Glad to see some good discussion on this topic. I just wish I'd found that little metronome sooner (like before I finished the Deal or No Deal game on my Yahoo group).

seraph0x, what you described sounds great!

I actually had the exact same thought as TeaseFunForYou in terms of being able to do a series of fast/slow loops, but left it out of my note since it would get complicated in terms of a syntax for defining multiple loops, counts, and speeds. In fact, I started to make a little Flash metronome tool that would support such things, but it got to be a pain. And then I saw seraph0x's idea about hopping back and forth between 2 pages and realized that was a much better solution!

cymerc, thanks for the input. I really prefer the clicks over the "strokebar" idea as well, especially since clicks don't distract you from the pictures you're supposed to be looking at. In fact, the whole reason I started using Flash for teases was because html, ppt, and PCM don't really have good metronome-like clicking tools. And thanks for the little story about your ex and the ipod vibe. Girls have so much better toys when it comes to that sort of thing!
cymerc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cymerc »

eteased wrote: cymerc, thanks for the input. I really prefer the clicks over the "strokebar" idea as well, especially since clicks don't distract you from the pictures you're supposed to be looking at. In fact, the whole reason I started using Flash for teases was because html, ppt, and PCM don't really have good metronome-like clicking tools. And thanks for the little story about your ex and the ipod vibe. Girls have so much better toys when it comes to that sort of thing!
Oh no worries....I like the sound effects FAR more than the animated stroke bar!

As to my ex, I will say she did the same thing to me --- took an egg vibe, plugged it into the ipod, didn't tell me the playlist she picked, and dropped it under my balls. Was pleasure and torture at the same time.....probably not as intense as it was for her, but still --- variable vibes under the balls is amazingly good at getting you hard and keeping you frustrated. :)