Nyx - The FlashTease Editor - Public Preview Release

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
green
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: Random Pages

Post by green »

submichael wrote:is there a way to have a button or timer go to a group of random pages?

here's the scenerio......let's say the sub fails a task and deserves a punishment. is there a way to make it that the punishment is not always the same by going to different pages?

am i explaining that well?
Hello submichael,

I explained that here (3.)

http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4355
You can own the earth and still - All you'll own is earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind
submichael
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Nyx - The FlashTease Editor - Public Preview Release

Post by submichael »

as always....thanks green.

i only had time to glance over it quickly. and not really having a great understanding of writing script...it seems a bit confusing. but well worth the effort of figuring it out for my next tease!
teasinot
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by teasinot »

I am working on my first Flash Tease, I've tried to create a few pages with pictures, but when I click save and preview, the preview screen is just blank and will not show my tease.

Edit: I try to add a delay leading to page three, it doesn't show the clock on the right hand side and I'm still having problems with the preview display, even though I'm correctly linking to the target pages!!
"Lust is a beautiful thing don’t you think? Look on the bright side, now you have plenty of time to appreciate it!”
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Incubo »

teasinot wrote:I am working on my first Flash Tease, I've tried to create a few pages with pictures, but when I click save and preview, the preview screen is just blank and will not show my tease.

Edit: I try to add a delay leading to page three, it doesn't show the clock on the right hand side and I'm still having problems with the preview display, even though I'm correctly linking to the target pages!!
Not sure if you got an answer for this yet teasinot, but for the preview part, once you save, you have to restart Nyx for the preview to actually change to the new stuff. It's an issue Serap0x is already aware of and I'm sure he'll get it fixed eventually.

For the timer, if you want it visible on the right side, make sure you select "Normal" on the Delay tab.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Incubo wrote:for the preview part, once you save, you have to restart Nyx for the preview to actually change to the new stuff. It's an issue Serap0x is already aware of
I just tried it, works fine for me. You just need to make sure you save the tease before going to the preview, but other than that... there is definitely no restart required.

Hard to say why it's not working for you. If you create a brand-new tease, write some text, click "Save and Preview", go back, change the text and hit "Save and Preview" again, does it update or not?
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Incubo »

Hmmm, weird. No, I've always had to restart Nyx for the preview to show the changes.
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

Another quick question. I'm working on a new tease and it has a page i want to add sound to. So say the mp3 file lasts 30 seconds and I put it on a page with a delay of 10 seconds, will the sound play through before it goes to the next page or will it only play 10 seconds of it?

Also is there ever a delay with sound files? will it start the moment I open the page with the sound command or will there be a delay while it loads the file?
submichael
Explorer
Explorer

Post by submichael »

oh, good questions! i don't know the answer....but the idea is very interesting!

have you just tried it to see what happens?
green
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by green »

cumhardy wrote:Another quick question. I'm working on a new tease and it has a page i want to add sound to. So say the mp3 file lasts 30 seconds and I put it on a page with a delay of 10 seconds, will the sound play through before it goes to the next page or will it only play 10 seconds of it?
I'd say. Try it out ;). I guess the file would stop playback when the tease enters the next frame.
Also is there ever a delay with sound files? will it start the moment I open the page with the sound command or will there be a delay while it loads the file?
You can make 2 pages which look exactly the same.
"Page1" without sound. -delay 10
"Page2" with sound. -delay 10

This way you would delay playback of the soundfile by 10 seconds.

-green-
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by cumhardy »

green wrote:
cumhardy wrote: Also is there ever a delay with sound files? will it start the moment I open the page with the sound command or will there be a delay while it loads the file?
You can make 2 pages which look exactly the same.
"Page1" without sound. -delay 10
"Page2" with sound. -delay 10

This way you would delay playback of the soundfile by 10 seconds.

-green-
Thanks! But what I meant was how reliable is the sound file to play as soon as the page opens? does it usually play straight away or do you usually have to wait a while for it to load first?
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by cumhardy »

Actually, dont worry about that. Im wondering about the 'unset' command.
Does the way ive used it here seem right?

Code: Select all

page54#page(
'<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FF66CC" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="1"><B>Edge for me!</B></FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("pink8.jpg"),
buttons( range(21,29), "EDGE"),
hidden:unset ( range(21,29))
);
I want to loops pages 21,29 randomly without any of the pages being set
teasinot
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by teasinot »

Incubo wrote:
teasinot wrote:I am working on my first Flash Tease, I've tried to create a few pages with pictures, but when I click save and preview, the preview screen is just blank and will not show my tease.

Not sure if you got an answer for this yet teasinot, but for the preview part, once you save, you have to restart Nyx for the preview to actually change to the new stuff. It's an issue Serap0x is already aware of and I'm sure he'll get it fixed eventually.

For the timer, if you want it visible on the right side, make sure you select "Normal" on the Delay tab.

Thanks for getting back to me, I will have a play around and take the advice you have given me and see if everything is working fine.
"Lust is a beautiful thing don’t you think? Look on the bright side, now you have plenty of time to appreciate it!”
submichael
Explorer
Explorer

green need help again

Post by submichael »

hi green,

i'm almost done the tease finally. Whisperz Mistress was kind enough to provide me with the audio!!

but now i'm having problems again with it playing. below is a section of my script if you would be so kind to look at it again.

Intro1#page(
'<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Welcome. I assume since you are here that you&apos;ve decided to serve me and my dark desires?</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("59938-01-1-123-787lo.jpg"),
buttons(Intro2yes#, "yes Mistress", Intro2no#, "no way!"),
hidden:sound('intro1-1.mp3'),
);

also, there's visible timers where they should be hidden. here's a section of that script.

Intro2yes#page(
'<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Good. Then let Me explain the ground rules to you bitch. you are here for MY pleasure!</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT><TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">your own personal satisfaction has no meaning here.....absolutely none!</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT><TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">you will do what I tell you, when I tell you and to My satisfaction! </FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("009a.jpg"),
delay(20sec, Intro2yesa#,style:hidden),
hidden:sound('intro2yes-1.mp3'),
);

again, any help would be greatly appreciated not only by me, but Whisperz Mistress too.
green
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by green »

Hi submichael,
its looking good, except that you wont need the last comma:

hidden:sound('...'),

Whats not working ?. Does it not play the sound? Did you try reloading your nyx ?. Did you upload everything to your Media ?

Probably the comma thingy fixes your problem :)

-green-
submichael
Explorer
Explorer

Post by submichael »

it's not playing the sound. i've closed out the editor, even rebooted the computer. yes the media is uploaded.

the timers look right too? they're suppose to be hidden, but they show up on some pages.