Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Post by diglet »

There is no batch convert feature. Would be nice to have.

An even better feature would be to generate the files automatically when loading the funscript in Restim.
Johankain
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Johankain »

What are the converted files needed for? I personally prefer the conversion in real time, and do not see any benefit from wasting drive space for a ton of converted files.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Some people prefer them for various reasons, old computer not capable of running Restim, remixing mp3's, easier to distribute to people that don't use Restim.

I always recommend using the GUI when you can.
UFungus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UFungus »

For some reason, dunno if it's the latest intiface update, I can't connect restim to intiface anymore. I get a "Connected to buttplug. buttplug error: The remote host closed the connection" from restim and this is what I get from intiface.

"Device Websocket Device restim (00000000) found.
[D] Global Loggy: Device 00000000 allowed via configuration file, continuing.
Global Loggy: Starting websocket server connection event loop.
[D] Global Loggy: Looking for protocol that matches specifier: Websocket(WebsocketSpecifier { names: {"restim"} })
[D] Global Loggy: No viable protocols for hardware Websocket(WebsocketSpecifier { names: {"restim"} }), ignoring.
Global Loggy: Websocket server connector owner dropped, disconnecting websocket connection.
[D] Global Loggy: Exiting Websocket Server Device control loop."

I tried reinstalling intiface, going back to an older version, an older version of restim etc. Nothing works. Wondering if anyone could please give me a hand.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

I feel like this might be a big ask, but I'm wondering if it's possible to save configuration profiles for the funscript/t-code section of preferences?
The reason I ask is when I go from one video to another, some videos work better with a specific pulse width range, are designed for a specific pulse frequency range, or some settings I've occasionally configured for certain types of funscripts and electrode configurations that are way different than what Restim is designed for, etc.
If I could save different settings and restore them before loading a video, it would save me from typing them all into a notepad and manually swapping the values each time.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

UFungus wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:35 am For some reason, dunno if it's the latest intiface update, I can't connect restim to intiface anymore. I get a "Connected to buttplug. buttplug error: The remote host closed the connection" from restim and this is what I get from intiface.

"Device Websocket Device restim (00000000) found.
[D] Global Loggy: Device 00000000 allowed via configuration file, continuing.
[I\] Global Loggy: Starting websocket server connection event loop.
[D] Global Loggy: Looking for protocol that matches specifier: Websocket(WebsocketSpecifier { names: {"restim"} })
[D] Global Loggy: No viable protocols for hardware Websocket(WebsocketSpecifier { names: {"restim"} }), ignoring.
[I\] Global Loggy: Websocket server connector owner dropped, disconnecting websocket connection.
[D] Global Loggy: Exiting Websocket Server Device control loop."

I tried reinstalling intiface, going back to an older version, an older version of restim etc. Nothing works. Wondering if anyone could please give me a hand.
There was an update of intiface last week that changed some things. It is not no longer supported to manually edit the config file. I need to update the documentation. I was able to get it to work with these steps:
  1. make sure websocket device manager is enabled in Intiface Central.
  2. In Intiface Central, devices tab, add a new device with name "restim" and protocol "tcode-v03".
  3. Connect Restim to Intiface Central as normal.
Electro wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:15 am I feel like this might be a big ask, but I'm wondering if it's possible to save configuration profiles for the funscript/t-code section of preferences?
The reason I ask is when I go from one video to another, some videos work better with a specific pulse width range, are designed for a specific pulse frequency range, or some settings I've occasionally configured for certain types of funscripts and electrode configurations that are way different than what Restim is designed for, etc.
If I could save different settings and restore them before loading a video, it would save me from typing them all into a notepad and manually swapping the values each time.
This is a planned feature, the idea is to store another file along with the funscripts that stores the configuration on a per-video basis. Not sure when it will be implemented.
UFungus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UFungus »

diglet wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:11 am There was an update of intiface last week that changed some things. It is not no longer supported to manually edit the config file. I need to update the documentation. I was able to get it to work with these steps:
  1. make sure websocket device manager is enabled in Intiface Central.
  2. In Intiface Central, devices tab, add a new device with name "restim" and protocol "tcode-v03".
  3. Connect Restim to Intiface Central as normal.
I must've tried for about 3 hours without trying the simplest thing. Thanks a bunch. It worked right away.
ZeeWW
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by ZeeWW »

Hello,

I've been using restim only for a short while, and I'm certain I have not truly worked it out fully. Would those of you who have much more experience share your favorite settings?

I'm asking because I had converted a funscript and was enjoying the file, but a few weeks later, I had a totally different sensation. I think I messed around with the pulse shape, and that has changed my original settings.

Many thanks.