[RELEASE] Monopoly!

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

[RELEASE] Monopoly!

Post by bbb11__ »

I’m back with another board game re-imagined!

https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=68709

Not 100% complete. Going to add 2/3 opponent options and a few other images here and there. But the base game is complete and playable. Looking for feedback on how to make it more enjoyable and any bugs you may find.

Thanks!!
Zinni
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: [RELEASE] Monopoly!

Post by Zinni »

Not a bad start, but one does see that it is unfinished. Also it can be a bit "hectic" since it doesn't require player input to move the turns along.
MotoMike
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by MotoMike »

I like games and this looks like a lot of fun.
Some suggestions:
Start off with an introduction on starting bank account (we should know what it is but it helps to see it later), who are the opponents, the endgame prize, etc.
Allow saving the game state in some way.
When I hit "Settings" it just had the option to reset or not - would be nice to have some sort of extras like how to allow cumming (dice roll at the end, ruined, etc.).

Nice pictures.
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

Zinni wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:39 pm Not a bad start, but one does see that it is unfinished. Also it can be a bit "hectic" since it doesn't require player input to move the turns along.
I was worried that requiring a click would be too much clicking and slow things down. But requiring a simple click after the opponents turn would be an easy fix.
Appreciate the feedback!
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

MotoMike wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:46 pm I like games and this looks like a lot of fun.
Some suggestions:
Start off with an introduction on starting bank account (we should know what it is but it helps to see it later), who are the opponents, the endgame prize, etc.
Allow saving the game state in some way.
When I hit "Settings" it just had the option to reset or not - would be nice to have some sort of extras like how to allow cumming (dice roll at the end, ruined, etc.).

Nice pictures.
There should be an introduction!! I’ll check on that. It probably needs a rewrite anyways.

Tease Storage is on, so saving should be happening!

Additional settings will be added at some point! I appreciate all the feedback!
Jassinov
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by Jassinov »

The concept seems really promising to me! As others already pointed out: it seems a bit hectic to me as well. I think that also the Luxury Tax edging might be broken. After the first edge it just shows one picture and freezes after that.

Also: it would be a nice thing if you had a tracker on the board where each player is and possibly a dice sound (maybe also for movement?)
Last edited by Jassinov on Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
r0nin47
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by r0nin47 »

Great concept, but it's by no means playable in its current state as you get stuck every time you land on jail, taxes, and several other places.
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

Jassinov wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:55 pm The concept seems really promising to me! As others already pointed out: it seems a bit hectic to me as well. I think that also the Luxury Tax edging might be broken. After the first edge it just shows one picture and freezes after that.

Also: it would be a nice thing if you had a tracker on the board where each player is and possibly a dice sound (maybe also for movement?)
The tax edging should be fixed now!
I did change the opponent moves to ‘pause text’ so it requires a click before moving on to slow down the pace.

I’ll see about adding those dice sounds. Having a movement tracker is a bit difficult. I’d have to have 1,600 different images/pages for all the possible position combos. I do agree with wanting that feature but my coding skills (and I think eos capabilities) aren’t there.

EDIT: dice sounds are now added!
-----Also added metronome beats for rent/purchase strokes.
-----Fixed intro so it actually shows up now!
-----a few other minor tweaks
-----added Marry as opponent option!
UninvitedGeist
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UninvitedGeist »

I’d love to play but I can’t get past opponent selection: once I pick, it stops.
QuincyGaming
Explorer
Explorer
Dom/me(s): Looking for Doms :)
Sub/Slave(s): Me, ready to give up orgasms and do tasks obediently.

Post by QuincyGaming »

UninvitedGeist wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:14 am I’d love to play but I can’t get past opponent selection: once I pick, it stops.
Same here. It just froze up. Decided to wait a while but it still the same haha.
Might nid a fix.
Tried for both the players.
SomeWhatEdgy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SomeWhatEdgy »

Id love to test it but damn that was fast, broken after 2 seconds of playing idk how you managed to not see that before release^^
SomeWhatEdgy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SomeWhatEdgy »

ive looked into the code and it seems like your page link in the start page to the page called "player" doesnt work since it does not exist. The idea looks interesting and is worth to explore but the code looks a bit too messy right now, maybe you can fix the start and it works
giannitrib
Explorer
Explorer

Post by giannitrib »

Yeah - had a play with it today - looks quite good so far though there are some bugs
The first is the one that others have mentioned on the start page - i think it needs the goto page changed from "player" to "player*" and then it should work
I worked around this using preview/debug mode and manually went to the player-cassidy or player-marry page to get it started
Spoiler: show
A couple of times the tease seemed to lose the value of the player's bank balance and/or the location they moved to following a roll. For the bank balance this sometimes gave some odd results and at times seemed to fix itself after an event but at other times did not. This made for a never ending loop in the income tax edging page since the number of edges is based on the bank balance, which was NaN. The counting of edges never added up to NaN so you got stuck there. I used the debug mode to switch out after i'd gone through about 25 edges.
The rest of the gameplay seems to work pretty smoothly with some good and interesting twists
If you can fix some of the bugs that would make this quite a fun tease which i look forward to trying again
Kaelis
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kaelis »

Fun concept, and I've enjoyed your previous works, but I'm hitting a roadblock at the Opponent Selection Screen where the tease locks up and won't progress.

Hope you can get this figured out without too much hassle, hope you're having a great day!!
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

Yikes! So sorry everyone!!! Fixed the main glitch with opponent selection. Game is now playable!