Estim Dual Channel Videos

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

samsonjude1776
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Estim Dual Channel Videos

Post by samsonjude1776 »

[/quote]

The common wires, according the manufacturer, are black with a white strip (tip of the 3.5 jack). Other wires are full black (sleeve of the 3.5 jack). Don't try to mix a black wire and a black/white wire to a same electrode in Audio 3, it's not recommanded at all.

[/quote]

Im not sure what this means. Are you saying dont mix positive and negative on the common? Ive been trying to sort out triphase files on the E312B for while. Had all the same issues and experienced the unpleasantness of common on head in audio 3 going from nothing to blowing my dick off. Usually I can dial it in for a period of time and it feels great then fades. So playing in audio 2 solves this? Ill have to try it out.
PetitGreg
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PetitGreg »

samsonjude1776 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:49 pm Im not sure what this means. Are you saying dont mix positive and negative on the common? Ive been trying to sort out triphase files on the E312B for while. Had all the same issues and experienced the unpleasantness of common on head in audio 3 going from nothing to blowing my dick off. Usually I can dial it in for a period of time and it feels great then fades. So playing in audio 2 solves this? Ill have to try it out.
triphase.JPG
triphase.JPG (19.02 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
Source : https://media.erostek.com/erostek-manua ... er_1.7.pdf
In Audio 2, current overlaps will be pleasant, not painful like in Audio 3, when common is not in the middle of the 2 other electrodes (the triangle placement, section A4 of the user manual).
BlueM00
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BlueM00 »

samsonjude1776 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:49 pm Had all the same issues and experienced the unpleasantness of common on head in audio 3 going from nothing to blowing my dick off. Usually I can dial it in for a period of time and it feels great then fades. So playing in audio 2 solves this? Ill have to try it out.
I believe the suggestion was either Audio2, or have the Common in the middle of the circuit. However I can't find this in the manual, it says the normal Triphase Audio3 sends signals A-Common, B-Common, and A-B. My interpretation of this was that the layout shouldn't really matter, as each connection is mentioned twice. Needs some trial-and-error to see what works.

For me, a noteworthy point is the jack. Every audio application I've dealt with has tip-positive. However, I note that Triphase treats the tip as common. So Triphase A+ and B+ actually refer to the sleeve connectors, not the tips. Important to know if, like me, you have some cables that are black/red... it seems counterintuitive to think of a red wire as negative/common.

As such, much of the problem I've had may have been having the + and common backwards.

As for connecting + to common on the same channel & (monopole) electrode, I don't know what that would do, but it wouldn't be good.
LondonGent
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by LondonGent »

BlueM00 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:00 am As for connecting + to common on the same channel & (monopole) electrode, I don't know what that would do, but it wouldn't be good.
AC current (as produced by a stim box) doesn't really have a positive and negative in the way you're thinking. If you're playing a 1000hz signal, the voltage produced by the right+ output will flip backwards and forwards between +X volts and -X volts 1000 times each second. Meanwhile the right- output is doing the same thing in reverse. When right+ is supplying -5v, right- is supplying +5v. The minus sign just means 'opposite' not negative.

As a result, it usually doesn't matter which two electrodes you combine to make the common channel. You can connect right+ to left+ or left- without creating a short circuit or affecting the total voltage.

Connecting right+ to right- (either directly or by connecting them both to a monopole electrode) will create a short circuit. You'll get no sensation from the electrode as all the current will flow straight back to the box rather than passing through your body. Depending on the design of the box, there is the risk of burning out internal components but this shouldn't happen instantly, the resistors or transformers will just start heating up until one of them melts.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

LondonGent wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:01 am As a result, it usually doesn't matter which two electrodes you combine to make the common channel. You can connect right+ to left+ or left- without creating a short circuit or affecting the total voltage.
It only does not matter if both channel signals are random/unrelated. If they are synchronized in any way (to be either in phase or out of phase, or to change the phase shift) they will produce stroking sensations since there will be variable currents flowing between all 3 electrodes.

This is why it is important to follow instructions on which wires to use as common, since inverting one side only will completely change relative potentials between 3 electrodes and cause different sensations (the reason we on diy boxes sometimes don't put common to head but to balls instead, often changing common wire of one channel will solve the issue, and btw, changing only one side's common output is same as inverting the funscript when using funscript->mp3 converter).
LondonGent
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by LondonGent »

edger477 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:36 am
LondonGent wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:01 am As a result, it usually doesn't matter which two electrodes you combine to make the common channel. You can connect right+ to left+ or left- without creating a short circuit or affecting the total voltage.
It only does not matter if both channel signals are random/unrelated. If they are synchronized in any way (to be either in phase or out of phase, or to change the phase shift) they will produce stroking sensations since there will be variable currents flowing between all 3 electrodes.

This is why it is important to follow instructions on which wires to use as common, since inverting one side only will completely change relative potentials between 3 electrodes and cause different sensations (the reason we on diy boxes sometimes don't put common to head but to balls instead, often changing common wire of one channel will solve the issue, and btw, changing only one side's common output is same as inverting the funscript when using funscript->mp3 converter).
You're quite correct, I was just trying to keep things simple! Most triphase files don't care which electrodes are paired to make the common. The only thing that changes is the stroke direction, not the power delivered to each electrode.

A few do though (including most of the ones I've been creating recently). These can be recognised by the amplitude varying up and down rather than the typical constant output on each channel. I've been doing this so that the output from the common electrode is more balanced relative to the other electrodes. When the signals are in phase, the common electrode normally has double the voltage of either of the other electrodes causing it to be the dominant sensation. By reducing the amplitude when the signals are in phase this effect can be reduced, leading to more of a stroking sensation instead of the on-off waves that can occur.

The problem is that this relies on knowing when the signals are in phase. If the electrodes are wired up the opposite way (i.e. +- instead of ++) then it has the opposite effect and makes the common stronger and the other two weaker, which isn't the goal.

It's worth noting that electrode placement also plays a big part in all this. Electrodes that are closer together will provide a stronger sensation for the same power. This is part of the problem with setups that place the common in the middle - the most powerful output (when current flows from the common to A and B) has two short paths and produces a strong sensation. When the common is in anti-phase the current only flows from A to B; a much longer path with a much lower power driving it. Keeping A and B close together with the common further apart tends to produce more balanced sensations and a stronger stroking effect.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

LondonGent wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:15 am A few do though (including most of the ones I've been creating recently). These can be recognised by the amplitude varying up and down rather than the typical constant output on each channel. I've been doing this so that the output from the common electrode is more balanced relative to the other electrodes. When the signals are in phase, the common electrode normally has double the voltage of either of the other electrodes causing it to be the dominant sensation. By reducing the amplitude when the signals are in phase this effect can be reduced, leading to more of a stroking sensation instead of the on-off waves that can occur.
not sure if you know about it, but my fork of the funscript converter whole purpose was to do this automatically... not sure if you were using it

https://edger477.github.io/funstim/funstim.html

you have me on discord, if it happens you need to ask anything (it might not be straightforward what the parameters are doing, but I trust you can take a look at the source)
samsonjude1776
Explorer
Explorer

Post by samsonjude1776 »

A placement like common-head/left-balls/right-shaft (used in V91 Sync Hero 1 for example), where the common is not physically between the two other electrodes, is absolutely awful in Audio 3 and not recommanded at all. Some left and right signals will be opposite each other and will be neutralised, so you've got no stimulation at all. Some other signals will add and multiply each other, so you will have a huge, hazardous and very painful stimulation. For this kind of electrode placement, common in an endpoint, always use Audio 2 instead, never Audio 3.
So I tried a number of triphase files last night in Audio 2 with common on head LT to base Rt to balls and all but one (Overdrive 4) had no dynamic feeling what so over. When I switched to Audio 3 the stroking sensation came back in the files but again it does remain constant. Some files work better than others. Overdrive 4 for example will go from no stroking feeling, to a slight feeling, to over whelming instantly. Turning the MA knob back and forth seems to, pausing and unpausing the video and messing with the pc volume all have their effects on the on again off again stroking sensation in Audio 3 but some files I just cannot dial and keep it going.

You mentioned Sync Hero being awful with common on head in Audio 3. I have actually quite the opposite experience and all of Sync style videos actually work pretty well for me in Audio 3 and the stroking stays pretty constant. I get nothing from audio 2 on these files. Would a pure stereo stim box runs Milovana files better than the ET312B?
tigereye
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tigereye »

samsonjude1776 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:38 pm
A placement like common-head/left-balls/right-shaft (used in V91 Sync Hero 1 for example), where the common is not physically between the two other electrodes, is absolutely awful in Audio 3 and not recommanded at all. Some left and right signals will be opposite each other and will be neutralised, so you've got no stimulation at all. Some other signals will add and multiply each other, so you will have a huge, hazardous and very painful stimulation. For this kind of electrode placement, common in an endpoint, always use Audio 2 instead, never Audio 3.
So I tried a number of triphase files last night in Audio 2 with common on head LT to base Rt to balls and all but one (Overdrive 4) had no dynamic feeling what so over. When I switched to Audio 3 the stroking sensation came back in the files but again it does remain constant. Some files work better than others. Overdrive 4 for example will go from no stroking feeling, to a slight feeling, to over whelming instantly. Turning the MA knob back and forth seems to, pausing and unpausing the video and messing with the pc volume all have their effects on the on again off again stroking sensation in Audio 3 but some files I just cannot dial and keep it going.

You mentioned Sync Hero being awful with common on head in Audio 3. I have actually quite the opposite experience and all of Sync style videos actually work pretty well for me in Audio 3 and the stroking stays pretty constant. I get nothing from audio 2 on these files. Would a pure stereo stim box runs Milovana files better than the ET312B?
I was never able to get the triphase files to work very well with my ET312B. I had all the same issues as you listed. About a year ago I purchased all the parts to make a DYI estim box and I was amazed at the difference. I never use the ET312B anymore. I was able to get everything I needed from Amazon in the USA. I used testing jumper cables to wire it up to make sure I had it all wired right before I soldered any connections. I think I used it at least a dozen times before I made the connections permanent. It is well worth building your own device.