[RELEASE][FEEDBACK] The E-Girl Maze

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Bazzlad69
Explorer
Explorer

[RELEASE][FEEDBACK] The E-Girl Maze

Post by Bazzlad69 »

Hey guys!

I've just posted my first ever tease.

Here's the Link:

https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=62698

Not entirely sure if everything is fleshed out as this is my first stab at it.
Let me know if there are any problems and what you think of it.
I would love to do more in the future.
FatherDarkness
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Dom (Male)

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] The E-Girl Maze

Post by FatherDarkness »

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Maze teases are by far my favorite. I just wish there was more to this one. More maze to explore, more edges (especially in maze 2), more fast strokes. The amount of time on each page seemed about right to me. Enough to be engaging, not so much that back tracking is too arduous or tedious. Adding in the breath play was a very nice touch too.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

Don't let this discourage you, but from clicking through the first few "rooms" of your maze it felt very boring to me. Maybe look at some other mazes to get inspiration. I love mazes but just one random picture in every room and some random instruction does not make for an interesting maze. It feels like there is nothing to discover and you can only move very slowly.
If you want to improve, you should distinguish corridors and rooms, you should be able to move through the corridors for a few steps without interruptions and then and various points have to enter rooms or run into girls or have other things happening. The rooms then should have longer interactions, so that you actually have characters in the maze not just random pictures. There are a few great mazes like that out there and with EOS you can build even more complex things like changing interactions when you revisit a room.
Bazzlad69
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bazzlad69 »

kerkersklave wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:23 pm Don't let this discourage you, but from clicking through the first few "rooms" of your maze it felt very boring to me. Maybe look at some other mazes to get inspiration. I love mazes but just one random picture in every room and some random instruction does not make for an interesting maze. It feels like there is nothing to discover and you can only move very slowly.
If you want to improve, you should distinguish corridors and rooms, you should be able to move through the corridors for a few steps without interruptions and then and various points have to enter rooms or run into girls or have other things happening. The rooms then should have longer interactions, so that you actually have characters in the maze not just random pictures. There are a few great mazes like that out there and with EOS you can build even more complex things like changing interactions when you revisit a room.
Hey!

Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback.

1. I absolutely have played many other maze teases on the site and there are some great ones on here. Maze-turbation Marathon by Animeat was of particular inspiration for me.

2. In terms of moving "very slowly" I can only imagine is a product of the stroking times being too long in your opinion, something I can definitely tweak.

3. Your suggestion of corridors is something I've seen quite a bit and something I've considered. Having fewer rooms but with multiple pictures of each girl and multiple sets of each instruction. I decided against it and opted for variety over quality but I can understand your preference.

4. Personally I think the goal of a maze isn't to "build characters" other than in the case of "boss" enemies. I think it's appeal is it's variety, replayability and as you mentioned which was definitely lacking in my maze; things to "discover", but again this is a preference thing.

5. There is definitely room for more complexity in the maze and I had incorporated things like changing interactions when revisiting a room but not in a meaningful enough amount to be noticeable obviously.
Bazzlad69
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bazzlad69 »

FatherDarkness wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:10 pm I thoroughly enjoyed it. Maze teases are by far my favorite. I just wish there was more to this one. More maze to explore, more edges (especially in maze 2), more fast strokes. The amount of time on each page seemed about right to me. Enough to be engaging, not so much that back tracking is too arduous or tedious. Adding in the breath play was a very nice touch too.
Hey!

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for leaving some feedback.

There is absolutely room for more complexity and scale in the maze and something I'll definitely consider.

The amount of edges and stroking speeds are a product of my own preferences I found when playing through other mazes which I used as a starting point. The edges and strokes are definitely on the lower and slower end respectively. Something I'll consider tweaking if more people agree.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

Bazzlad69 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:34 am 2. In terms of moving "very slowly" I can only imagine is a product of the stroking times being too long in your opinion, something I can definitely tweak.
No, it is just that to me there is nothing happening. It is mostly like a random image show with unknown duration. Walking around in the maze serves no purpose. To me that's not very interesting, the stroking does not really matter. Now, if that's exactly the style of maze you want, that's perfectly fine. Many readers just watch teases for the images I feel, so for those, it might be interesting.
3. Your suggestion of corridors is something I've seen quite a bit and something I've considered. Having fewer rooms but with multiple pictures of each girl and multiple sets of each instruction. I decided against it and opted for variety over quality but I can understand your preference.
Yes, it is not so much about "quality" though. Well chosen pictures are great, but for me there has to be some interaction.
4. Personally I think the goal of a maze isn't to "build characters" other than in the case of "boss" enemies. I think it's appeal is it's variety, replayability and as you mentioned which was definitely lacking in my maze; things to "discover", but again this is a preference thing.
Well, what changes with a replay? The order of pictures and instructions? For me, mazes are mainly about exploring, running into traps, finding hidden things, being surprised by characters in the maze. But yeah, that's a preference of couse.

But don't take this the wrong way. This is my opinion of what makes an interesting tease in general and an interesting maze in particular. If that's exactly the way you like it, keep making teases like that. There will be people that will like them.
giannitrib
Explorer
Explorer

Post by giannitrib »

I really enjoyed the tease - thanks for creating it and sharing it
In a weird way i quite liked that it was relatively simple and not really really long like a lot of the maze teases, as i was looking for a quick webtease
Had a go at mapping it - had to redo it a couple of times as i missed a few bits when i got to the end without exploring the whole thing. It might not be 100% but i reckon it's mostly correct
Will try and post it in this reply with a spoiler tag

There was one thing i noticed too that i'll put in a separate spoiler too, which may be possible to fix and is maybe something you didn't consider.

But i liked the girls, the lengths were good - yes it may have been nice to have a few more images per room and some tricks with corridors etc. but overall a fun tease
Spoiler: show
In the first maze it's possible to "cheat" once you find one of the keys by going back to the same room 2 more times and then you get your 3 keys
Maze 1:
maze1.jpg
maze1.jpg (7.29 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
Maze 2:
maze2.jpg
maze2.jpg (6.58 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
Yellow = start, Red = key, Green = exit, Light Yellow = girl who lets you rest
Bazzlad69
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bazzlad69 »

giannitrib wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:32 pm I really enjoyed the tease - thanks for creating it and sharing it
In a weird way i quite liked that it was relatively simple and not really really long like a lot of the maze teases, as i was looking for a quick webtease
Had a go at mapping it - had to redo it a couple of times as i missed a few bits when i got to the end without exploring the whole thing. It might not be 100% but i reckon it's mostly correct
Will try and post it in this reply with a spoiler tag

There was one thing i noticed too that i'll put in a separate spoiler too, which may be possible to fix and is maybe something you didn't consider.

But i liked the girls, the lengths were good - yes it may have been nice to have a few more images per room and some tricks with corridors etc. but overall a fun tease
In the first maze it's possible to "cheat" once you find one of the keys by going back to the same room 2 more times and then you get your 3 keys
Maze 1:
maze1.jpg
Maze 2:
maze2.jpg
Yellow = start, Red = key, Green = exit, Light Yellow = girl who lets you rest
Hey!

I'm glad you enjoyed the tease and appreciate the relative simplicity and scale of it. There is definitely room for some complexity.

My goal was to make something one could complete in 1 session fairly easily.

You are absolutely right about the problem in your spoiler. Well spotted! It's easily fixable and I'll get on it now.
Your maps are correct other than in maze2 there should be 2 squares west of the door.
cizeta
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by cizeta »

This was an excellent maze-tease with all the right features and pictures. Some truly spectacular inclusions of women in all body types so it was actually thoroughly enjoyable.

I especially appreciated how "simple and straightforward" it was. No convoluted mess, no *real* need to make a map, which led to it being a refreshing exploration. I didn't feel worried that I wasn't going to make it through the maze without mapping, and that was a major relief. I could enjoy it even with the backtracking and getting lost

It was nice to see some situational awareness of some of the encounters too!

Was pleasantly surprised with a few of the models used, so it made the experience 10/10 for me.

I will mention, that maybe for the next one, add edge holds for some bosses if you can. Would make for an interesting dynamic
Edit: will add here, some more Miki Blue content in the next one would be great!

Overall, great tease!
Last edited by cizeta on Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shithouserydotorg
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Shithouserydotorg »

In my opinion, an excellent maze tease. Not too big that it needs a map, but not too small to be too easy either. Content used was pretty top tier, had a great time.

I really logged on only to report a small bug: In the first maze, I found one key pretty quickly
think it was north-ish
and then found another key afterwards. That second key I entered the room twice on accident, and it gave me another key, leading to the auto-complete moving me into the second maze. I didn’t get to/need to find the third key
which I went back and found anyways, its the one that asks for two hand stroke
. Also just tested it on my own and entered/re-entered the same key room 3 times, and got three keys, which auto-progressed me to the next maze.

Not sure how to fix, but I assume we are supposed to find 3 separate keys lol.

Besides that, great tease. Will be playing it again for the goth ending
Best,
SHDC
cizeta
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cizeta »

It's really unfortunate that this tease got deleted. It was very enjoyable and we'll put together.

Hopefully you do another one.