Website running slow

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
0088_
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Website running slow

Post by 0088_ »

For me the website has also been painfully slow for the past 10 days or so. Also, I can't seem to upload images at all to EOS webteases, either using the "Galleries" or "Files" tab. Also, when I try to upload a new avater, I get the error "Temporary folder could not be found or is not writable.".

I have applied the 'fix' by edger477 in post viewtopic.php?p=339413#p339413
The redict works! But it does not solve anything for me :weep:

btw, maybe not the right thread for this question, but how is Milovana supported? Who pays for the servers etc? This seems like a pretty active website, with hundreds if not thousands of active users at any moment. If there were some donation/subscription method, Milovana could be run more professionally, with some kind of compensations for volunteer web devs. It is kind-of insane that all this is maintained by one guy, who might not have the time to fix issues for weeks on end. I would love to pay a few bucks per month to support and motivate the devs!

Huge respect to seraph0x for maintaining this awesome site! :love:
verynicekojak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by verynicekojak »

0088_ wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:49 pm ...
btw, maybe not the right thread for this question, but how is Milovana supported? Who pays for the servers etc?
There is a short page about that:
https://milovana.com/pages/whyfree.php
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

0088_ wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:49 pm ... how is Milovana supported? Who pays for the servers etc? This seems like a pretty active website, with hundreds if not thousands of active users at any moment. If there were some donation/subscription method, Milovana could be run more professionally, with some kind of compensations for volunteer web devs. It is kind-of insane that all this is maintained by one guy, who might not have the time to fix issues for weeks on end.
I would love to pay a few bucks per month to support and motivate the devs!

Huge respect to seraph0x for maintaining this awesome site! :love:
I too would be happy to pay a small monthly subscription. I already support a couple content creators on Patreon, and being a huge fan of Milovana I would have no problem supporting this site as well.

Unfortunately, given the current situation it's inevitable that one day (maybe soon?) the site will just die and never come back. I really think it's time for the next step in Milovana's evolution, whatever that looks like.
0088_ wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:49 pm Huge respect to seraph0x for maintaining this awesome site! :love:
And I second that!

PG
0088_
Explorer
Explorer

Post by 0088_ »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:01 pm Unfortunately, given the current situation it's inevitable that one day (maybe soon?) the site will just die and never come back. I really think it's time for the next step in Milovana's evolution, whatever that looks like.
You really think so? That would be so sad :\'-( I have known about Milovana for years, but only recently learned to enjoy it. Seems to me there are still a LOT of active users on here and tons of webteases being made. I can't image a site as popular as Milovana just dying.

This leaves me with two questions: why does this amazing site suck so much right now and what can we/I do to make it better? (I'm new here)
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by doremi »

Slow for me too! :-( Waited patiently, but now, I would like to update the Cock Hero Download page, but with so many pages to browse through, I'll have to wait until the issue is fixed. Good Luck, seraph0x!

By the way, Happy New Year, everyone! :smile:

hj9k1 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:13 pm Can confirm, very slow and occasional "PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 326: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result" errors.

Maybe a database problem causing all the slowness?
If so, I suspect that the PHP version of the server may have changed, and this causes issues with the phpBB code that is currently installed. :crazy: :wacko:
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
Spoiler: show
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
fenway
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by fenway »

This is going to sound like a piss poor excuse but as a guy without any credit cards or online payment options aside from paypal, unless that was integrated, I wouldn't be able to stay on the site... x.x :(
If you enjoy my work and would like to see more, consider supporting me on Patreon or leaving me a tip on Ko-fi! :-)

My published teases on Milovana!

Can't wob the Kob :-D
verynicekojak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by verynicekojak »

fenway wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:40 am This is going to sound like a piss poor excuse but as a guy without any credit cards or online payment options aside from paypal, unless that was integrated, I wouldn't be able to stay on the site... x.x :(
I think that first step could be Patreon. Admin doesn't need to integrate any payment method into the site, it's external, it's voluntary and I think that is supports PayPal.
verynicekojak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by verynicekojak »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:01 pm Unfortunately, given the current situation it's inevitable that one day (maybe soon?) the site will just die and never come back. I really think it's time for the next step in Milovana's evolution, whatever that looks like.
I hope not. Especially EOS editor is a great tool and it would be a shame to loose it.
mangoman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave

Post by mangoman »

I really hope the Admin lets us contribute a little financially and just finds a second person or a small team of guys who can keep this site fast and fixed. I think a lot of us are able to dish out a Dollar or two monthly for this website and it will add up pretty quickly. Nothing wrong about it too.

This website is near and dear to my heart, the "explore your sexuality" thing is true cuz I learned a lot about myself here in countless of webteases and made amazing experiences that I will probably never come close to in real life. That being said, I'm having my first real session soon, fingers crossed lol. But I digress.

Don't let Milovana die! Let's fix this weird, amazing website.
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

mangoman wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:07 pm I really hope the Admin lets us contribute a little financially
I have my doubts that the problem is the financial part.

If there is only one person who has access to the admin features of the page/forum, then this is the main problem, period.
And now we can see for weeks what's the result.

But well, we are all human, and we all make mistakes, ... but hopefully (if it's not too late already) the admin decides to share his access data to some trusted people.

Now, what really worries me, besides of that mentioned above, is the lack of communication from the MODERATORS of this forum towards the community, we have ONE post from ONE moderator, Shattered (THX for that!), ... but overall, ... I mean there is only ONE moderator who actually takes care of the worries of the community?

It's a miracle anyway that this under-moderated forum/page doesn't have problems with trouble-maker-users, ... maybe sub's are the better forum-users ;-) .... anyway, ... maybe NOW is the time for someone to build up an alternative to Milovana.
I can host my own projects on itch.io (or elsewhere) but I won't do this for all of the other stuff from Milovana, so maybe someone can fill this gap?

Shattered wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:11 am who is hopefully enjoying a nice Christmas break :lol:
Honestly, when I read that the first time, I wasn't laughing, ... and I am still not laughing today. :-(

Awakening has a link inside, just in case, so I can keep in touch with the users, .., I hope it's not needed, ... and I hope Milovana comes back to full functionality soon, ... but hey, ... maybe someone open up something just for the case that Milovana goes down the drain?

Best greetings,
Markus
verynicekojak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by verynicekojak »

markus wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:01 pm I have my doubts that the problem is the financial part.

If there is only one person who has access to the admin features of the page/forum, then this is the main problem, period.

But well, we are all human, and we all make mistakes, ... but hopefully (if it's not too late already) the admin decides to share his access data to some trusted people.

Now, what really worries me, besides of that mentioned above, is the lack of communication from the MODERATORS of this forum towards the community, we have ONE post from ONE moderator, Shattered (THX for that!), ... but overall, ... I mean there is only ONE moderator who actually takes care of the worries of the community?
I think that they just don't know what is the problem and how to address that. There is huge difference between creating moderators and server admins.

It's very easy on forum, you just do couple clicks in forum-admin-panel and done.

It's very difficult on the server, because you either give very restricted access rights, but then risking that secondary admins won't be able to fix anything, or you give wide access rights and then you risk that someone can, even by accident, delete whole server, or database or something like that.

So I agree that this is probably not financial problem, but trust and technical one. I'm developer and I have access rights to a server in my company, as all developers have. And I'm sure that any of us could delete a lot. But then he would be in some legal trouble. It's different in community projects like this. You must trust others or have control. And that's difficult :weep:.
thebears73
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by thebears73 »

any updates this is painful.......
Joey-
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Joey- »

verynicekojak wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:09 am
So I agree that this is probably not financial problem, but trust and technical one. I'm developer and I have access rights to a server in my company, as all developers have. And I'm sure that any of us could delete a lot. But then he would be in some legal trouble. It's different in community projects like this. You must trust others or have control. And that's difficult :weep:.
This. I also have been pondering if I should offer my help, but I highly doubt they would accept it because of trust issues.

But what is next for Milovana? Having seen no activity for almost 3 weeks, it does not show the future of the website in a positive light. If it continues like this, I think a Milovana replacement will be inevitable.
Bhurk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bhurk »

verynicekojak wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:09 am
markus wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:01 pm I have my doubts that the problem is the financial part.

I think that they just don't know what is the problem and how to address that. There is huge difference between creating moderators and server admins.

It's very easy on forum, you just do couple clicks in forum-admin-panel and done.

It's very difficult on the server, because you either give very restricted access rights, but then risking that secondary admins won't be able to fix anything, or you give wide access rights and then you risk that someone can, even by accident, delete whole server, or database or something like that.

If they dont know whats the issue then they dont have a competent web dev on their team. Any competent web dev would have fixed this already, websites go down occassionaly here and there but majority of the time they get fixed the same day or next day.
For this to go on this long it just tell me that either nobody is even working on the problem or the person who is doesnt know how to fix it.
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by doremi »

Apocalypse mongers, please abstain! :lol: Anyone with a longer membership knows that it happens from time to time :-/ , and it eventually gets fixed. :-) Be patient! Consider this a tease! ;-) :-P
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
Spoiler: show
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)