Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

You can find important news and current events here.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Re: Eos Editor Preview - Milovana's new interactive webtease editor

Post by Shattered »

I think what I want should be possible, but I don't even know what its called to start googling :lol:

I want a notification button that says 'edge' and when its clicked, it adds 1 to the users edge count, without disappearing.

So I imagine I want to set up this as something outside the script that whenever you press the button, it's called and replays itself.

How would one do this does anyone know?
Darigaaz
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Darigaaz »

Impossible with EOS afaik but should be with OEOS
If I am wrong, I would be glad to learn how to do it
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

Shattered wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:50 pm I think what I want should be possible, but I don't even know what its called to start googling :lol:

I want a notification button that says 'edge' and when its clicked, it adds 1 to the users edge count, without disappearing.

So I imagine I want to set up this as something outside the script that whenever you press the button, it's called and replays itself.

I do this by copying the "create notification" line and pasting it on the button code over and over and over nested under each other as many times as you want it to go. I know it isn't the best solution but it's what I did for my tease. It also gets a bit odd when you want to remove notification so hopefully you don't need to do that. (It works sometimes though when you need it to)

Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I can make screenshots to show how I did it.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

indyc wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:53 am
Shattered wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:50 pm I think what I want should be possible, but I don't even know what its called to start googling :lol:

I do this by copying the "create notification" line and pasting it on the button code over and over and over nested under each other as many times as you want it to go. I know it isn't the best solution but it's what I did for my tease. It also gets a bit odd when you want to remove notification so hopefully you don't need to do that. (It works sometimes though when you need it to)

Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I can make screenshots to show how I did it.
That's what I thought of, but I wanted the button about 100 times so was hoping I could avoid it :lol: Thanks though!
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Shattered wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:29 am

That's what I thought of, but I wanted the button about 100 times so was hoping I could avoid it :lol: Thanks though!
I guess I can't help but answer this. Must be an illness.

The only way to do this in Eos is to have your notification button's action go to a page that re-creates the notification button, then returns to the page that called it. (Using a simple call stack is one way to record and return to the calling pages.) To return to a specific point in a page after the button is re-created, you'd need to use a tracking a variable that's reset to 0 before calling the page initially, then nest all your page actions in IF actions, like:

Eval right before initially calling page (not on returning to page after notification button press):

Code: Select all

trackerPos = 0
Then, nest all of your page actions in an IF action, with the condition:

function(){if(trackerPos<1){trackerPos=1;return true}}
Incrementing the <1 and =1 to <2 and =2, <3 and =3, and so on in each of your IF actions.

(If you have nested trackerPos IF actions inside parent trackerPos IF action, then you'd need to adjust the parent tracker's IF condition to something like: (assuming the child tracker's IF actions are between 2 and 4))

function(){if(trackerPos<1||(trackerPos>=2&&trackerPos<=4)){trackerPos=(trackerPos<1?1:trackerPos);return true}}
If you have multiple notifications, your button page will need to remove and re-create all of them to keep them in the correct order.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

fapnip wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:35 pm

I guess I can't help but answer this.

The only way to do this in Eos is to have your notification button's action go to a page that re-creates the notification button, then returns to the page that called it. (Using a simple call stack is one way to record and return to the calling pages.) To return to a specific point in a page after the button is re-created, you'd need to use a tracking a variable that's reset to 0 before calling the page initially, then nest all your page actions in IF actions, like:

Eval right before initially calling page (not on returning to page after notification button press):

trackerPos = 0

Incrementing the <1 and =1 to <2 and =2, <3 and =3, and so on in each of your IF actions.

(If you have nested trackerPos IF actions inside parent trackerPos IF action, then you'd need to adjust the parent tracker's IF condition to something like: (assuming the child tracker's IF actions are between 2 and 4))

function(){if(trackerPos<1||(trackerPos>=2&&trackerPos<=4)){trackerPos=(trackerPos<1?1:trackerPos);return true}}
If you have multiple notifications, your button page will need to remove and re-create all of them to keep them in the correct order.
Yeah that's true, that might work for some specific things but this needs to be along the side of the page for dozens of pages. I guess I'll just copy and paste it 100 times, thanks :)
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Shattered wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:38 pm
fapnip wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:35 pm

I guess I can't help but answer this.

trackerPos = 0

Yeah that's true, that might work for some specific things but this needs to be along the side of the page for dozens of pages. I guess I'll just copy and paste it 100 times, thanks :)
Sooo I tried this and it may have broke my tease :lol:

The tease ID is 39431. I tried to test it, then it was stuck on loading modules. I went to the publish to see the error and it gave me an error for a NULL value, but not for a specific page like it has every other time. I tried a few fixes, and now where I go into the tease edit page the entire page is just white :\'-(

Anyone else encountered this? I have a backup but it's missing an whole section which would be a terrible shame to use ><

UPDATE: Looking at the code I have managed to recover all but 1 page, and remove this, which is acceptable. But I wouldn't paste this 150 times :blush:
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

You can sort of do this in EOS, but it's not perfect, and whether or not the technique is suitable for your tease depends on what else you want to happen when the "Edged" button gets clicked. I'll go out on a limb here and say "nothing", meaning you want it to count the edge and do nothing else, but in EOS when you click the notification it also advances the actions on the page.

I created a little demo here, and the script is in the spoiler below. I've initialized the edge count in the "init" module, but you could do that in an eval on the start page too if you want. Try the demo and follow the instructions, then try it again just clicking through the pages without clicking the edged button and you'll see the different possibilities. With a little creativity you could potentially compensate for the quirks of the method so it's not too painful.

The basic idea is that each page would have it's own notification section that counts edges. Each time you click the button it counts the edge and adds itself back. All you need to do is set something up that will handle what you think would be the most times someone might edge on a page. In my demo it supports up to 5 times, then you go to another page. You could easily expand that to handle 10 or more edges. I also copied that to "Counting Edges 2" and just dropped the "goto another page" from the final edge, so in that case the button just disappears and you get a message that you've edged the maximum times for that page.

Then you copy that into each page (easy enough if you edit a backup of the json code), and at the end of each page remove the notification so it starts fresh on the next page. This way you end up with a smaller chunk of code that gets repeated a bunch of times, but it's contained within the page so it's maybe a little easier to manage.

I did not experiment to confirm this, but conceivably on one page you could create a structure like this that handles say 100 edges, and just leave it there for all subsequent pages. The key is to handle what happens when you hit edge number 101, and see what happens on your other pages when you click it.

I think it makes more sense to have a smaller set on each page so you can handle hitting the max edges in a manner that's more in context to what's happening at that time in your tease.

Hope that helps, or at least gives you some food for thought.

PG

EOS Script in spoiler
This code only includes "Counting Edges" and not the additional "Counting Edges 2" I added later.
Spoiler: show

{
  "pages": {
    "start": [
      {
        "image": {
          "locator": "file:no-1.jpg"
        }
      },
      {
        "say": {
          "label": "<p>So far you have edged <eval>edgeCount</eval> times.</p>"
        }
      },
      {
        "choice": {
          "options": [
            {
              "label": "Counting Edges",
              "commands": [
                {
                  "goto": {
                    "target": "CountingEdges"
                  }
                }
              ]
            },
            {
              "label": "Restart",
                {
                    "target": "start"
                  }
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    ],
    "CountingEdges": [
      {
          "label": "<p>This is a test of counting edges in a tease.</p>"
        }
      },
      {
        "notification.create": {
          "buttonCommands": [
            {
              "eval": {
                "script": "edgeCount = edgeCount + 1"
              }
            },
            {
                "label": "<p>(Edged)</p>",
                "mode": "instant"
              }
            },
            {
                  {
                    }
                  },
                  {
                    }
                  },
                  {
                        {
                          }
                        },
                        {
                            "label": "<p>You&#39;ve edged the maximum times on this page so now we&#39;ll go somewhere else.</p>"
                          }
                        },
                        {
                            "target": "ReportEdges"
                          }
                        }
                      ],
                      "buttonLabel": "Edged",
                      "title": "Edge 3",
                      "id": "EdgedButton"
                    }
                  }
                ],
                "title": "Edge 2",
              }
            }
          ],
          "title": "Edge 1",
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>You should now have an &quot;Edged&quot; button on the right.</p><p>You can edge up to 3 times on this page and they will be counted properly.</p>"
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>Try clicking the button a couple times</p>"
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>Each time you click the button the page advances to the next command</p>"
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>Did you click it again?</p>"
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>Click</p>"
        }
      },
      {
        }
      },
      {
        }
      },
      {
        "notification.remove": {
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>The button should be gone now and we will go to another page.</p>"
        }
      },
      {
        }
      }
    ],
    "ReportEdges": [
      {
          "label": "<p>You&#39;ve edged <eval>edgeCount</eval> times</p>"
        }
      },
      {
            {
              "label": "Back to start",
                {
                  }
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    ],
    "SomeOtherPage": [
      {
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>This is page &quot;SomeOtherPage&quot;.</p><p>You&#39;ve edged <eval>edgeCount</eval> times</p>"
        }
      },
      {
            {
                {
                  }
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    ]
  },
  "init": "edgeCount = 0",
  "modules": {
    "notification": {}
  },
  "files": {
    "no-1.jpg": {
      "id": 1119093,
      "hash": "6fa35432deb2425028c88be267c7a43b2b1ee988",
      "size": 39946,
      "type": "image/jpeg",
      "width": 479,
      "height": 720
    }
  },
  "galleries": {},
  "editor": {
    "recentImages": []
  }
}
Last edited by PlayfulGuy on Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:27 pm

You can sort of do this in EOS, but it's not perfect, and whether or not the technique is suitable for your tease depends on what else you want to happen when the "Edged" button gets clicked. I'll go out on a limb here and say "nothing", meaning you want it to count the edge and do nothing else, but in EOS when you click the notification it also advances the actions on the page.

I created a little demo here, and the script is in the spoiler below. I've initialized the edge count in the "init" module, but you could do that in an eval on the start page too if you want. Try the demo and follow the instructions, then try it again just clicking through the pages without clicking the edged button and you'll see the different possibilities. With a little creativity you could potentially compensate for the quirks of the method so it's not too painful.

The basic idea is that each page would have it's own notification section that counts edges. Each time you click the button it counts the edge and adds itself back. All you need to do is set something up that will handle what you think would be the most times someone might edge on a page. In my demo it supports up to 5 times, then you go to another page. You could easily expand that to handle 10 or more edges. I also copied that to "Counting Edges 2" and just dropped the "goto another page" from the final edge, so in that case the button just disappears and you get a message that you've edged the maximum times for that page.

Then you copy that into each page (easy enough if you edit a backup of the json code), and at the end of each page remove the notification so it starts fresh on the next page. This way you end up with a smaller chunk of code that gets repeated a bunch of times, but it's contained within the page so it's maybe a little easier to manage.

I did not experiment to confirm this, but conceivably one one page you could create a structure like this that handles say 100 edges, and just leave it there for all subsequent pages. The key is to handle what happens when you hit edge number 101, and see what happens on your other pages when you click it.

I think it makes more sense to have a smaller set on each page so you can handle hitting the max edges in a manner that's more in context to what's happening at that time in your tease.

Hope that helps, or at least gives you some food for thought.

PG

EOS Script in spoiler
This code only includes "Counting Edges" and not the additional "Counting Edges 2" I added later.
Spoiler: show

{
  "pages": {
    "start": [
      {
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>So far you have edged <eval>edgeCount</eval> times.</p>"
        }
      },
      {
            {
              "label": "Counting Edges",
                {
                    "target": "CountingEdges"
                  }
                }
              ]
            },
            {
                {
                  }
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    ],
    "CountingEdges": [
      {
          "label": "<p>This is a test of counting edges in a tease.</p>"
        }
      },
      {
            {
              }
            },
            {
              }
            },
            {
                  {
                    }
                  },
                  {
                    }
                  },
                  {
                        {
                          }
                        },
                        {
                            "label": "<p>You&#39;ve edged the maximum times on this page so now we&#39;ll go somewhere else.</p>"
                          }
                        },
                        {
                          }
                        }
                      ],
                      "title": "Edge 3",
                    }
                  }
                ],
                "title": "Edge 2",
              }
            }
          ],
          "title": "Edge 1",
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>You should now have an &quot;Edged&quot; button on the right.</p><p>You can edge up to 3 times on this page and they will be counted properly.</p>"
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>Try clicking the button a couple times</p>"
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>Each time you click the button the page advances to the next command</p>"
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>Did you click it again?</p>"
        }
      },
      {
        }
      },
      {
        }
      },
      {
        }
      },
      {
        "notification.remove": {
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>The button should be gone now and we will go to another page.</p>"
        }
      },
      {
        }
      }
    ],
    "ReportEdges": [
      {
          "label": "<p>You&#39;ve edged <eval>edgeCount</eval> times</p>"
        }
      },
      {
            {
              "label": "Back to start",
                {
                  }
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    ],
    "SomeOtherPage": [
      {
        }
      },
      {
          "label": "<p>This is page &quot;SomeOtherPage&quot;.</p><p>You&#39;ve edged <eval>edgeCount</eval> times</p>"
        }
      },
      {
            {
                {
                  }
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    ]
  },
  "init": "edgeCount = 0",
  "modules": {
    "notification": {}
  },
  "files": {
    "no-1.jpg": {
      "id": 1119093,
      "hash": "6fa35432deb2425028c88be267c7a43b2b1ee988",
      "size": 39946,
      "type": "image/jpeg",
      "width": 479,
      "height": 720
    }
  },
  "galleries": {},
  "editor": {
    "recentImages": []
  }
}
Thanks for this, muchly appreciated :) I think with a little tweak this is what I can go for. Your efforts are appreciated :-)
Revuin
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by Revuin »

This editor is amazing! Makes creating teases so much easier.

One suggestion, would it be possible to add scripting to images? Such as

1. API to get the current image (like x = image.getImage)
2. Ability to use variables for Image actions (like locator = gallery:galleryName/x) where x is a variable

This is useful if a gallery has 100 images. We can cycle through all 100 images instead of having to create 100 Image actions manually.
Please feel free to check out My Teases

I changed usernames! Please see my new user TeasePlease
Jackall
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by Jackall »

Agreed with Revuin
1. amazing
2.manipulating images could be useful

edit: Is it possible to pause and resume a notification timer?
LintonDilton123
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Mistress

Post by LintonDilton123 »

Hi all,

Is anybody else having issues uploading images to teases?
Not sure if here is right/best place to seek help for this issue, if not please say where :-/

-Linton & Dilton
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

LintonDilton123 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:34 am Hi all,

Not sure if here is right/best place to seek help for this issue, if not please say where :-/

-Linton & Dilton
Yes, with the website issues everyone is having this problem. It has really thrown my work pipeline for a loop but I'm trying to be patient.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

LintonDilton123 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:34 am Hi all,

-Linton & Dilton
Everyone is. There's an ongoing thread in the Technical Support forum which would typically be the best place for this kind of question.

PG