[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v1.50

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
nasaboy
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v1.50

Post by nasaboy »

nasaboy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:42 pm Hey! Loving the progress with each build. Keep up the good work.

An issue I’m having is that if I remember correctly, kitty is supposed to have a piece of map ya? If that is the case, I have not been able to get a piece so far on this build.

Additionally is there any in game piece to track how many you have except for when you get them all?

Well you might be able to disregard this as I just saw the note about the grove being the same as lakeside?
huhjpg
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by huhjpg »

While Anatasia, I got dominated and she started riding me, she had 2 health left and I killed her.
Unforunately the "sex" audio started playing and seems to be looping infinitely.
nerdyVanilla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by nerdyVanilla »

Couldn't get an ending to my game. On the last day after I defeated the castle I was going to sleep, I got the "Soul of the Damned". I kept refusing and then it just hung. Nothing was happening. Reloaded the game with the save. Went to sleep and ended the game.

Code: Select all

You close your eyes as you try to sleep...

...Nerdy...

Wake up Nerdy

You've been a bad boy,Nerdy

And in an ordinary situation I would take your soul without hesitation

But lucky for you that I'm more aroused than usual

I propose a deal

Lend me your soul and you will be duly rewarded
> Refuse <

I don't think you understood your situation, Nerdy

I'm not asking

I will have your soul

Whether you want it or not
> Refuse (Corruption: 10) <

Corruption(1-10): 1

You will regret this, Nerdy
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Mercy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:37 am Sorry I didn't express myself very good on the Arya situation. Ill try again: When it's the player turn, instead of her picture I see a white thin frame empty, so I see the color of the background of the page, and in the top left corner a small white sheet.

In any case it's weird because i have played after and din't have this problem, maybe was on my side!!
I've actually seen this happen a few times, my best guess is that sometimes EOS fails to load a certain pic and then it just gives up on it.
I'm not sure if reloading the page fixes it, but restarting the browser almost always seems to do the trick.
Glad you managed to make it work, tho
Mercy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:37 am Also, I just realized that the pictures of Ruth that you can buy in the store, you can keep buying endlessly, they don't disappear from the sotre once you have them.
Fixed!! Thanks Mercy

And I'm glad you're having fun, let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas for upcoming versions or even for HC2 :love:

-------------------------------
nasaboy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:42 pm Hey! Loving the progress with each build. Keep up the good work.

An issue I’m having is that if I remember correctly, kitty is supposed to have a piece of map ya? If that is the case, I have not been able to get a piece so far on this build.
Thanks nasa !

Yeah, Kitty should drop a piece of the map, but she won't do it if you've already defeated any boss in the starting areas (Leah, Sandy&Wendy or Clarice)
nasaboy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:42 pm Additionally is there any in game piece to track how many you have except for when you get them all?
You can keep track of how many map piece of have by opening your Equipment > Consumables & Key Items > Torn Map.
A different message will appear depending on how many pieces of the map you are carrying:

A lost piece of an old map; Its content is illegible: 1 Piece
The pieces of the map seem to come together; Maybe you should keep looking for the other pieces: 2 pieces
A piece of the map still seems to be missing; Following an incomplete map can be risky: 3 pieces

If you feel like checking it out, you can also find this info in the Game's FAQ

-------------
huhjpg wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:39 am While Anatasia, I got dominated and she started riding me, she had 2 health left and I killed her.
Unforunately the "sex" audio started playing and seems to be looping infinitely.
Should be fixed now, Thank you Jpg :-P

-------------
nerdyVanilla wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:06 pm Couldn't get an ending to my game. On the last day after I defeated the castle I was going to sleep, I got the "Soul of the Damned". I kept refusing and then it just hung. Nothing was happening. Reloaded the game with the save. Went to sleep and ended the game.

Code: Select all

You close your eyes as you try to sleep...

...Nerdy...

Wake up Nerdy

You've been a bad boy,Nerdy

And in an ordinary situation I would take your soul without hesitation

But lucky for you that I'm more aroused than usual

I propose a deal

Lend me your soul and you will be duly rewarded
> Refuse <

I don't think you understood your situation, Nerdy

I'm not asking

I will have your soul

Whether you want it or not
> Refuse (Corruption: 10) <

Corruption(1-10): 1

You will regret this, Nerdy
That's weird, I looked through the code but didn't find anything that might be causing a hang at this particular moment.
I'll finish replying some comments and take a deeper look at it in a moment, thanks for another report, Nerdy
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
makovoc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by makovoc »

Hello, great game, I remember trying it several versions ago and it was extremely hard because as soon as you got any additional over 10 it was almost an instant lose against any opponent, using this type of attack

I also have some thoughts about the game improvements:

1. It would be great to see my amount of gold while in a camp, now Hero can see it only while buying something
2. Viewing currently chosen perks wouldn't mind
3. Do you plan on adding a potion that restores stamina? Of course you shouldn't allow Hero to spam these or it might become unfair against stronger enemies (btw, perk that increases stamina regen while at camp is really useless, it should also increase regen during battle to be picked at least once)
4. It was fun to face enemies with some special techniques, for instance one that temporarily takes away you max lust or the one that takes you gold during turns. You could add someone who will visit Hero every night if he loses to her. Also you could add someone who can manipulate Hero's stamina during the fight

Some bugs:
Spoiler: show
After completely defeating the witch in the cabin Hero might come to this cabin once more during exploration, he just gets thrown back to the camp, it this supposed to happen?
Had the same issue with "soul sacrifice" event during sleep, everything just freezes after you disagree to pledge your soul
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Hi mako, thanks for your feedback :love:
makovoc wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:04 pm 1. It would be great to see my amount of gold while in a camp, now Hero can see it only while buying something
You can actually see the amount of Gold available in the Base by opening the backpack.
makovoc wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:04 pm 2. Viewing currently chosen perks wouldn't mind
Earned perks are also shown at any time you open the "Perks" tab in the Codex
makovoc wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:04 pm 3. Do you plan on adding a potion that restores stamina? Of course you shouldn't allow Hero to spam these or it might become unfair against stronger enemies (btw, perk that increases stamina regen while at camp is really useless, it should also increase regen during battle to be picked at least once)
Stamina potions are tricky, I had a plan to add them, but I ended up scratching it because in practice, they turned out not to be that effective
makovoc wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:04 pm 4. It was fun to face enemies with some special techniques, for instance one that temporarily takes away you max lust or the one that takes you gold during turns. You could add someone who will visit Hero every night if he loses to her. Also you could add someone who can manipulate Hero's stamina during the fight
Noted ! I'm always looking for new ideas.
In this case, Alice has a similar concept to the one you presented (Gold management), but perhaps there is still more to explore in this area. Also there is still no enemy that manipulates the Maximum Lust, great idea!
makovoc wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:04 pm After completely defeating the witch in the cabin Hero might come to this cabin once more during exploration, he just gets thrown back to the camp, it this supposed to happen?
Actually, since Kira is gone for good, there is nothing in the cabin, so the player is kicked to the Base, this is kinda of intended, but I admit it could be more subtle
makovoc wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:04 pm Had the same issue with "soul sacrifice" event during sleep, everything just freezes after you disagree to pledge your soul
This must be the same bug that @nerdyVanilla reported, it should be fixed now
Play Hero Corruption 1
cristovaop
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by cristovaop »

I created an account just for your tease. (Almost a decade long user of this site). Playing the 1.5. Really good game, and I can see in the more recent areas how you got more savvy with the code and experimented with new ways to do combat.

My only complain is that sometimes a sound effect persists even after the battle ends, usually the fucking/bouncing sound, when escaping. But I was too concentrated to take note of who/when/how it happened.

Please let me know if there will be some sort of way to transfer progression to an updated version. The game is awesome, but can be grind-y at the beginning.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

cristovaop wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:42 pm My only complain is that sometimes a sound effect persists even after the battle ends, usually the fucking/bouncing sound, when escaping. But I was too concentrated to take note of who/when/how it happened.
Yeah, the sound bug is something that haunts me since the early days, sometimes I slip and it ends up appearing in one patch or another, please let me know if it ever happens again, it does help me a lot
cristovaop wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:42 pm Please let me know if there will be some sort of way to transfer progression to an updated version. The game is awesome, but can be grind-y at the beginning.
Currently there is no way to transfer saves between versions, this is one of the reasons why Hero Corruption 2 is being developed, it should release next month for Patreon and January for the public.
Also, you can always use the cheat code
Laura gurl best gurl
whenever starting a new version from scratch
cristovaop wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:42 pm I created an account just for your tease. (Almost a decade long user of this site). Playing the 1.5. Really good game, and I can see in the more recent areas how you got more savvy with the code and experimented with new ways to do combat.
Creating an account in Milovana is a little more annoying than usual, it warms my heart to know that you took that extra step to share your feedback, thank you so much cristovao :love:
Play Hero Corruption 1
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

Just wanted to say I love your game
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Sissycow wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:02 am Just wanted to say I love your game
Thanks Sissy, I'm always looking for constructive feedback, but there's nothing better than receiving a sincere compliment :love:
Play Hero Corruption 1
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

Honestly it seems like your padding the game out which is what needs. Though I wouldn't mind a meta shop item that would increase drop rates so it's easier to gets and recipes, or maybe something for stamina. I don't know ust something to make it easier to skip the starting area but not throw you into the harder enemies unprepared.
makovoc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by makovoc »

Thank you for answer!

More ideas on potential enemies:
1. Someone who uses gambling during fights. There is a random encounter where you get to guess the asked number, but here the girl herself would use gambling techniques during your fight. Like throwing 2 dices or smth, or pulling playing cards. Of course the fight outcome shouldn't depend fully on luck - adding some oneshot move that instantly brings you the win or loss doesn't seem right.
2. I like the idea that Ivy becomes stronger (gets more HP) every time you defeat her even in separate runs. But her max HP stays about 200, she could get even more, like 400 or receive some powerful technique. Of course on full power she must drop better loot
3. There is a small chastity route in the church, there could be an enemy who puts a chastity cage oh Hero if he losses. In order to take it off and continue playing Hero must find her again and do smth from the following: win some kind of mini game, pay her with good amount of gold, pay her with his stats (sacrificing great amount of max lust or max hp)
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

Are there no bad endings for the trans women?
cristovaop
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by cristovaop »

Sissycow wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:26 pm Are there no bad endings for the trans women?
Off course! Else it wouldn't be a bad ending, but a good ending. :lol:

EDIT: But just so it isn't only a funny post, where can I find the info on some features, like the Club and other Town Events? I read that addiction from Castle is permanent, but it is permanent through playthroughs? Not even a blue potion or the Church can reduce them?