Audacity estim help

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
andreas261
Explorer
Explorer

Audacity estim help

Post by andreas261 »

Hey!

I'm trying something and I would need to create a square pulse of 100Hz with pulse width of 200ms. Can I do this in audacity? If I understand correctly I would create a square tone of 100Hz and use silence somehow to adjust the width.. ? Maybe... Or.... :lol:

I really would appreciate all the help! :love:
Thanks!
Andy
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: Audacity estim help

Post by edger477 »

200ms is 1/5 of second, meaning that array of such pulses has frequency of 5Hz.

I am guessing this is not what you want, you want 100Hz pulse square carrier, that is then amplitude-modulated to have 200mS "beeps".

Easiest way to do that without plugins and learning nyquist syntax would be to generate one sound of 100Hz pulse square length 200ms, then generate silence also 200mS and then go Effect->Repeat and add desired number of repetitions.

This is how it looks (but I used 100ms pulse and 100ms silence):
andreas261
Explorer
Explorer

Post by andreas261 »

Yes!
Thank you. This is just what I was after.
My terminology isn't up to date :-D
aelskling
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by aelskling »

edger477 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:26 am Easiest way to do that without plugins and learning nyquist syntax would be to generate one sound of 100Hz pulse square length 200ms, then generate silence also 200mS and then go Effect->Repeat and add desired number of repetitions.
You can easily do that with the "Tremolo" plugin. No nyquist syntax is necessary.

1. Generate a 100Hz square signal of the desired length

2. Apply Tremolo and choose: Waveform type = square, Wet level = 100%, Frequency = 5Hz
tremolo.png
tremolo.png (89.14 KiB) Viewed 2608 times
By the way, for an e-stim signal tremolo generated with a smooth sine form will probably work better than "hard" on-off pulses:
tremolo2.png
tremolo2.png (96.32 KiB) Viewed 2606 times
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

If you are experimenting with how some of these frequencies feel, I can only recommend SmartStim2 program, which has interactive generator of sound with frequency and amplitude modulators you can apply to a carrier wave, that can be sinusoidal, square, triangle etc... all in real-time.

Not sure how easy is to find it now, it used to be downloadable from smartstim forum, but since that site went down and his creator (and creator of SmartStim2) died, it might be harder to find place to download it from (it was free).
aelskling
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by aelskling »

edger477 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:47 pm If you are experimenting with how some of these frequencies feel, I can only recommend SmartStim2 program, which has interactive generator of sound with frequency and amplitude modulators you can apply to a carrier wave, that can be sinusoidal, square, triangle etc... all in real-time.

Not sure how easy is to find it now, it used to be downloadable from smartstim forum, but since that site went down and his creator (and creator of SmartStim2) died, it might be harder to find place to download it from (it was free).
You can do all that stuff with Audacity too, or even just online tools like buzzer or electron. Not sure why you would need a special program for that, especially one that was made by a notorious a**hole, and a dead one at that.