[Release][Feedback] Snakes and Ladders - Hentai Feet

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
5pirit
Explorer
Explorer

[Release][Feedback] Snakes and Ladders - Hentai Feet

Post by 5pirit »

After enjoying the content on milovana for a while now, I decided to create my own little adventure and it quickly escalated into something not so little.

The tease is a mostly automated Snakes & Ladders game with a variety of additional effects, lots of stroking, some edging and a few choices sprinkled in. And of course feet. Lot's of them, everywhere. It's in the title after all! Besides all the mini stories, there's a loose arc to hold things together and multiple endings, depending on your luck and the decisions you make.

The game is fairly long. My test runs went from 40 minutes to 2 hours but the average was around 1h. Since this can be quite the time investment, I decided to implement the save function, autosave at every page and thus give players the option to pause and come back later. (Who would dare to try and abuse a save function, right?)

I feel like everything works as intended now and hope you folks will have a great time with my first tease!
If you find any bugs, please report them and help me to improve the game even further.
Of course any other feedback is much appreciated as well!

Link to the tease: https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=54770
baconir
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: [Release][Feedback] Snakes and Ladders - Hentai Feet

Post by baconir »

I don't know why the rating is a bit low. This was one of the most fun and well done straight stroking and edging teases I've played in a long while. I made it to the upper 90s with -1 the whole way, then got like 8x double snakes so that put me back in the 20s. Ended up making it close to the end again and had to choose ruin or restart, I chose ruin so I'll be playing again tomorrow...

It would be nice if the metronome stopped when you're told to stop.
5pirit
Explorer
Explorer

Post by 5pirit »

baconir wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:05 am I don't know why the rating is a bit low. This was one of the most fun and well done straight stroking and edging teases I've played in a long while. I made it to the upper 90s with -1 the whole way, then got like 8x double snakes so that put me back in the 20s. Ended up making it close to the end again and had to choose ruin or restart, I chose ruin so I'll be playing again tomorrow...

It would be nice if the metronome stopped when you're told to stop.
Thanks a lot for the kind words. Glad there's people out here who enjoy the straight-forwardness.

Can you recall where the metronome didn't stop as intended? It should stop whenever the strokes are done or the player is told to stop.
Sometimes, especially with edges, it was tricky to decide whether to keep it or stop the sound. Having it active implies to edge with that speed which always feels awkward to me personally but without it, the silence can be weird, too. In situations with multiple edges in quick succession I just keep it because the fast on/off felt more confusing than anything.
Shithouserydotorg
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Shithouserydotorg »

Hi! I got time to play this yesterday so I want to share my thoughts because I quite like snakes and ladders, and I definitely like Hentai.

Firstly, the good
- overall quality and game mechanics are well-polished and really good.
- picture selection is great as well. Love the mix of nude and non-nude images. I’m not really a foot guy so it was nice to have pictures of more than just feet.
- The mini-challenges (pages without a timer/ had longer challenges) were really enjoyable and well thought out.
- Replay-ability is definitely there.
- I liked the ruleset of the game itself. Adding buffs and debuffs added a nice dimension to the game.
- played for roughly 2 hours with no breakdowns or technical difficulties.
- Overall speed was good

Next, the minor issues.
- Now of course, snake and ladder teases definitely don’t have to be carbon copies of each other, but I do feel like this tease would have benefitted from having a map like some other SnL teases. I feel like with all the buffs and debuffs, a map would be nice just to keep track of where the player is.
- As someone else mentioned, there are some spots where the metronome does not stop with the timer. It mostly happens in the beginning for me, when the timer is still rather short. But as it gets longer and longer, its not an issue.
- I have mixed feelings about the amplifier. It seems like a nice game mechanic on the surface but it can lead to some really bad debuff combos lol.

And finally, the bad.
- I want to preface this by saying that I never got to reach square 99, or 100, or whatever the end is.
Spoiler: show
So I don’t know how you designed it, if it was purposefully designed to be un-finishable (without ruining or losing), but after playing for 2 or so hours, I still could not finish the tease.
- I think the last few squares (95-99) I think I played like 3 of them, and maybe I got unlucky, but I got sent back to the start like twice and dropped pretty far another time (due to snake stacking).
- The ratio of debuffs to buffs feels unbalanced (my biggest gripe). Again maybe I just got unlucky, but the game basically became impossible to complete by like hour 2 since all the debuffs started stacking something heavy and the buffs were just not doing enough to cancel out the effects of the debuffs.

Possible fixes.
Now I’m no expert, and you should definitely make your tease however you like (I’m also probably gonna give it another shot last tonight to see if I am just unlucky), but here’s just my suggestions.
- add more squares with buffs (movement speed buffs definitely need more imo, number of strokes, etc.)
- Maybe make snake on square 97 (or was it 98?) less? Like halfway drop instead of full drop
It’s the one that gives the option to finish with ruin, and sometimes leaves you with a mistress’ mark
- Maybe have some kind of pity timer? Not sure if that is possible.

But overall, super solid, will be playing again, and I enjoyed it quite a bit!
Best,
SHDC
baksiu321
Explorer
Explorer

Post by baksiu321 »

not sure how have i done it but i found a bug
"You rolled a NaN." and the game doesnt progress nothing to click and so on, except for that it was a great tease :-)
Kapierik
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kapierik »

at first i was reluctant to give the tease a go as im not into feet, however as im in a bit of a drought of content currently i gave it a try as i soon realised its not exclusively about feet. so in the end i played it through in one go, not sure how long it took but it was quite a decent amount of time. i think its a good tease, and thats from me who is not even into feet so feel yourself honored. i really liked that you enhanced the basic system of snakes and ladders with the buffs/debuffs.
5pirit
Explorer
Explorer

Post by 5pirit »

baksiu321 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:54 pm not sure how have i done it but i found a bug
"You rolled a NaN." and the game doesnt progress nothing to click and so on, except for that it was a great tease :-)
Yea, that definitely shouldn't happen. I hope you weren't too deep into a run. If you were logged in or have cookies active you could try restarting the tease and use the continue button. I assume it's a one-time kinda thing because rolling uses the same function (line of code) every time, so there shouldn't be any permanent issues with it.

Kapierik wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:08 pm at first i was reluctant to give the tease a go as im not into feet, however as im in a bit of a drought of content currently i gave it a try as i soon realised its not exclusively about feet. so in the end i played it through in one go, not sure how long it took but it was quite a decent amount of time. i think its a good tease, and thats from me who is not even into feet so feel yourself honored. i really liked that you enhanced the basic system of snakes and ladders with the buffs/debuffs.
Thank you! For the enhancements I took some inspiration from other snakes and ladders teases here and advanced from there. If you like the system, maybe you wanna check out some of those, too. Even though most of them need way more manual work and tracking. Being too lazy for that was one of my main drivers to start this project! >.<

Shithouserydotorg wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:47 am Hi! I got time to play this yesterday so I want to share my thoughts because I quite like snakes and ladders, and I definitely like Hentai.
Firstly, the good
- overall quality and game mechanics are well-polished and really good.
- picture selection is great as well. Love the mix of nude and non-nude images. I’m not really a foot guy so it was nice to have pictures of more than just feet.
- The mini-challenges (pages without a timer/ had longer challenges) were really enjoyable and well thought out.
- Replay-ability is definitely there.
- I liked the ruleset of the game itself. Adding buffs and debuffs added a nice dimension to the game.
- played for roughly 2 hours with no breakdowns or technical difficulties.
- Overall speed was good

Next, the minor issues.
- Now of course, snake and ladder teases definitely don’t have to be carbon copies of each other, but I do feel like this tease would have benefitted from having a map like some other SnL teases. I feel like with all the buffs and debuffs, a map would be nice just to keep track of where the player is.
- As someone else mentioned, there are some spots where the metronome does not stop with the timer. It mostly happens in the beginning for me, when the timer is still rather short. But as it gets longer and longer, its not an issue.
- I have mixed feelings about the amplifier. It seems like a nice game mechanic on the surface but it can lead to some really bad debuff combos lol.

And finally, the bad.
- I want to preface this by saying that I never got to reach square 99, or 100, or whatever the end is.
So I don’t know how you designed it, if it was purposefully designed to be un-finishable (without ruining or losing), but after playing for 2 or so hours, I still could not finish the tease.
- I think the last few squares (95-99) I think I played like 3 of them, and maybe I got unlucky, but I got sent back to the start like twice and dropped pretty far another time (due to snake stacking).
- The ratio of debuffs to buffs feels unbalanced (my biggest gripe). Again maybe I just got unlucky, but the game basically became impossible to complete by like hour 2 since all the debuffs started stacking something heavy and the buffs were just not doing enough to cancel out the effects of the debuffs.

Possible fixes.
Now I’m no expert, and you should definitely make your tease however you like (I’m also probably gonna give it another shot last tonight to see if I am just unlucky), but here’s just my suggestions.
- add more squares with buffs (movement speed buffs definitely need more imo, number of strokes, etc.)
- Maybe make snake on square 97 (or was it 98?) less? Like halfway drop instead of full drop
It’s the one that gives the option to finish with ruin, and sometimes leaves you with a mistress’ mark
- Maybe have some kind of pity timer? Not sure if that is possible.

But overall, super solid, will be playing again, and I enjoyed it quite a bit!
Thank you for the extensive feedback! I takes some dedication to share all these thoughts :blush:
2 hours is pretty long indeed, from my experience at least. I really think you got very unlucky in multiple places.
I did notice that reaching square 99 turned out to be a rare case, compared to the other 90s. But I don't consider that a huge issue and the tease is definitely finishable (on square 100).

There are a bunch of pity counters throughout the tease to help players get up there (again) and ...
the game is actually designed in a way that players smack their heads into the 90-99 area a few times before making it through.
e.g. some buffs only activate after making it past square 90. The danger squares change per visit and eventually let you pass. Except 96 (the one who gives Mistress' Mark and wants you to submit), she was always supposed to be a bitch and screw players. But by how much I changed the other squares over time, I could make this square less punishing, too.

Some effects and snakes get disabled or even switch, depending on encounters/current values e.g. to keep the stroke count somewhere around 60 and ensure steady progress.
A map is an interesting idea but I don't really know what to show and how often to show it. Don't wanna spoil everything with it and displaying a map status based on the players progress or optimally the squares they already visited is not really an option.

The examples I've seen in other teases didn't offer much value imo and sometimes felt like they disturb the game flow. Since my snakes and ladders have random destinations and a good number of effects change over time, it gets even harder to create a relevant map.

For now the current square and roll results are visible.
Could you elaborate on the kind of info you're missing? (anyone with similar thoughts can join in too, of course!)

Question for everyone who wants to share: What's the preferred metronome speed you aim for in this tease? Since the duration of a playthrough depends heavily on it, I'm curious what everyone is dealing with. The available steps are 45, 60, 90, 120, 150 and 180.
During my tests I usually tried to stay somewhere around 120-150. If that's way off, compared to everyone, my time estimates will be complete trash x.x
captainbricc
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by captainbricc »

The tease started out great. But I had the same issue as some others. The Buff to debuff ratio definitely felt skewed, and the constant stacking of debuffs eventually made the tease not very enjoyable. I never got past square 70, then at one point I had 3 Mistress Marks, -3 movement, a snake +1, and a double snake. I love feet and I love hentai but I feel like the debuffs need to not stack, or have more buffs to compensate. Otherwise you might end up like me and after 2.5 hours of playing and never get past square 70.
TINYFOOTPERV
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by TINYFOOTPERV »

Encore! Part 2! Please! was amazing! I still have 2 bosses to try out. And can't wait!