[ARCHIVE][Alpha] Dev Talk

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

basim
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [ARCHIVE][Alpha] Dev Talk

Post by basim »

avatarbr wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:39 pm I did noticed something strange too....I was not sure if the timer started before you click OK (to start the slideshow) or after, but even cheating I could not get the exact time.

EDIT: I start fresh ag...
Yeah, the guess the time game is somewhat still broken. I'll have to investigate that.

The fresh start might also cause some problems. Another user of this board send me an pm and told me about issues he had when creating / loading a new picture folder. I had to change some lines of code of the picture handling. I assume you have the same problem. Old picture folders / mediagroups seem to work, but when you create a new one or edit an existing a problem occurs.

Something you need to know when testing content via the play button on edit / stage mode. The progress you make will not be saved! ;-)

Yeah, there is still not that much content. At least it feels like that. Even when it's not the truth. To be real, it is far from enough. But just for comparison. The first version of archive, right when I made my fist post here, had around 800 nodes. The last version from february this year had around 2500. And now we are at ~3400? But it will come. Sadly it takes such a lot of time. The beginning was easy. When there is a somewhat straight storyline, writing is easy and moves forward quickly. But the more interactive parts right now take so much more time to write. I didn't saw that coming. Anyway, I'm on it. And I do hope that in the near future I don't have to add that much features anymore. They take also much time and bring in bugs all the time.

sklavephilipp wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:50 am And I think I found two or three other bugs.

The tag collar doesn't work.
When a tagged picture is sh...
Strange, the collar tag worked great for me all the time. I'll have to look into that.

Cuckold is a mistype of mine.. :innocent: .. I'll fix that.

That repeating question is strange. Did you start fresh or with an old savegame?

Both of you, thanks again for testing! I'll provide you with an update soon. I nearly finished the options to start fresh and skip the intro, And also the option to unlock the session mode. It might cause new bugs, but we will see. First I have to find out why there are so many bugs when you start fresh atm.

Cheers,
basim
> Join ARCHIVE on Discord <
sklavephilipp
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by sklavephilipp »

basim wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:25 pm

That repeating question is strange. Did you start fresh or with an old savegame?
I started with a fresh game. I set it back in the game
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by avatarbr »

I got the repeating question problem too. I am sure I had that after a reset, but maybe got before (with old save) too.
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

sklavephilipp wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:55 pm I started with a fresh game. I set it back in the game
avatarbr wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:49 am I got the repeating question problem too. I am sure I had that after a reset, but maybe got before (with old save) too.
I found the problem. It's fixed.
..but it strange. Some variables had been on a wrong setting. Even though I could swear I did set them up correct in the first place..
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

basim wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:56 am
sklavephilipp wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:55 pm I started with a fresh game. I set it back in the game
avatarbr wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:49 am I got the repeating question problem too. I am sure I had that after a reset, but maybe got before (with old save) too.
I found the problem. It's fixed.
..but it strange. Some variables had been on a wrong setting. Even though I could swear I did set them up correct in the first place..
Hey, not sure if it's only here, but these are showing like that:
archive2.JPG
archive2.JPG (25.13 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
archive1.JPG
archive1.JPG (24.99 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
I already taged some pictures with these kinkys.
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

avatarbr wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:17 pm Hey, not sure if it's only here, but these are showing like that:
I already taged some pictures with these kinkys.
Can you replicate it? Start Archive, her story and go directly to the change settings..
If the problem still occures, can you send me the log file of this "game session" as pm?
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

Just to let you know:

It's not that I don't test new archive version. Nearly all the new problems reported I don't have on my PCs. And that's the bad part, I can't replicate them. So something is different on your PCs. Some technical setup or the way you use archive. And my challenge is to figure out what it is. Most of the time you do things, click buttons or navigate in such ways that I don't, because I do exactly know when to do what. One of the important parts at building an UI is, make it unbreakable, bullet-proof. So that you can't do something that is unwanted or breaks the code. But the more control I give the user, the more things can go wrong. And in archive you can edit realisticly everything. At least in edit mode.

So without seeing a video of you using archives UI it's hard to figure out what's going on. The logs files are helping but not all of the time they provide me with good infos.

Why am I telling this?!
First of all to tell you that I really try to fix things! :-)
The other thing is, Archive is different from a normal game. With all it's flexability and unique combinations it's a good challenge to keep track of everything.
And the last part would be, please keep that in mind when reporting me bugs. I often need additional infos. It's also good if you try to replicate it. Especially with a fresh start.

For the last part, the fresh start, I'll make it easier to do. With the update within the next days I'll add an option the skip the whole intro part. That way you can start fresh and enter the session mode within 2 mins.

And try to not make use of the play button in edit mode. The progress you are doing will not be saved. Also please never run archive in test play mode without a normal start at first. Otherwise important variables are not set.
And I realized that this "test play mode" has some bugs. This could be a good source for errors atm.

In the end, don't get me wrong. I'm more than happy with your feedback. Even when it is just a short line, pointing some bug out without any further testing. You are helping me and archive a lot! So, Thank you again for your time.

Have a nice weekend,
basim
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

basim wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:12 am And try to not make use of the play button in edit mode. The progress you are doing will not be saved. Also please never run archive in test play mode without a normal start at first. Otherwise important variables are not set.
And I realized that this "test play mode" has some bugs. This could be a good source for errors atm.

In the end, don't get me wrong. I'm more than happy with your feedback. Even when it is just a short line, pointing some bug out without any further testing. You are helping me and archive a lot! So, Thank you again for your time.

Have a nice weekend,
basim
ohhhh...this can be the cause of that bug. I did that a lot :lol: oops
clayk0
Explorer
Explorer

Post by clayk0 »

hi.

thank you for this awesome software. I hope there will be many AI's coming for this.
Archive itselt is also really good.

2 Problems I found with media:
There's a problem while Scanning bdsmlr (didn't test it yet with other sides)
While Scanning, the program is very laggy. Also it scans the complete account, which is not bad i think, but large accounts have extremely large media counts.

When playing videos and you skip, the video is still played in the background
clayk0
Explorer
Explorer

Post by clayk0 »

ps: your discord link is expired :-)
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

clayk0 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:06 am ps: your discord link is expired :-)
Hi clayk0,

Thank's for your appreciation.

Whoops, I fix the Discord link. Glad to see someone try to join. :-)

Yeah, I would love to see other AI's written in archive. Right now I'm not really "advertising" Archive. I want to bring her to a decent level first. But later on, I'm confident that we will see some other approaches..

The parsing is somewhat laggy & slow. But at least it works. I tested a blog with around 3000 images and it took some minutes. Maybe I'll have to point this out at least. I'll have a look into the code, maybe I can optimize it. But that's something for later..

And you found another thing I haven't thought about yet. Of course, when you skip, you skip. And you might skip a page which is suppose to stop the video.. hmm.. I know how to fix this in the story. Or let's say the case at where it's happen right now. But a fix for any case would be best. I have to think about that..

The other question I'm curious about is: Why do all of you skip? Is it because you are test-playing it and read the lines over and over.. or is progression to slow in general?
clayk0
Explorer
Explorer

Post by clayk0 »

I clicked skip because i lagged because of Scanning. I am still on "Reading Page 1620" at the moment with that one bdsmlr blog... :-P
When playing Video while Scanning it's extremely laggy. like REAL laggy, can't enjoy videos at all that way

but i can also imagine skipping a video which is just too long. i have some with are over 2 hours long.
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

clayk0 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:12 am I clicked skip because i lagged because of Scanning. I am still on "Reading Page 1620" at the moment with that one bdsmlr blog... :-P
When playing Video while Scanning it's extremely laggy. like REAL laggy, can't enjoy videos at all that way

but i can also imagine skipping a video which is just too long. i have some with are over 2 hours long.

Ooookaayyy, I have a lot of questions! :-D

.. and while I was typing a long text for you, I now might have got the idea of what happend.
You were adding a new mediagroup via the sidemenu / inventory? And when the scan started you continued playing? Is that right?
Even if not, I have to disable playing while a scan is in progress. It's not meant to be working simultaneously.. my bad. I added the inventory not that long ago and forgot about that possibilty.

Yep, skipping a video should not be impossible. But by now you not only skip the dialog but the stop video function as well.. :innocent:
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

Hello again,

as promised here is a new version of Archive.

I did some fixes according to your feedback and added some things here and there. This update took some more days as I also did change some fundamental settings of the UI. If you experience some wired behaviors in the positioning of items / UI parts, let me know. This step was on my list for quite a while now, but it took longer than expected.

One quick note to the blogs / parsing of them. Archive now blocks the screen and pauses the session while loading a new folder / blog. This should prevent a lot of confusion & errors. I also added a indicator if a mediagroup is scanned. All existing mediagroups are now flagged as unscanned. Sorry for that, but I can't prevent that.
For the parsing, I spend a whole night trying to improve the performance. Sadly I got not much out of it. The lag is still there, but at least it should work a little faster now.

Beside that you can now enter codes. When in Archive's main menu, go to change settings and you'll se the new button. At the moment there are two codes.

unlockSession - Will unlock the session mode after it became locked (When you completed a run)

noIntro - Will skip the intro and leads directly to the session mode. (Please only take this route when you start fresh. Otherwise you might skrew your progress). This also is not tested in full depth. The basic variables will all be set. But I might have forgotten some things. There is a possibiliy that you are unable to experience every bit of Archive. So consider this only as a testing environment for now.

Have fun and a nice weekend!
basim

https://mega.nz/file/g1ACDR5R#1N62CxJDR ... 9KazrxjyP4
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

I just made a quick test, the repeating pain dialogues are gone, at least I did not get anymore.

When I have time, I will restart from zero to see how works.