GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

FCK88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Post by FCK88 »

Hiya folks.

I've got a problem running the newest version of the GuideMe-software on my OS..

I've downloaded both the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions of the GuideMe 0.4.5-version and tried running them both, one at a time of course, but none of them would open up..

Why do I encounter this problem? Because with former version I've had NO problems running them whatsoever so a little help would be very much appreciated :-D

FCK88
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

FCK88 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:43 pmI've downloaded both the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions of the GuideMe 0.4.5-version and tried running them both, one at a time of course, but none of them would open up..
We're gonna need more to go on here.

Go into the logs directory and check guideme.log, are there any errors in there?

If there aren't, or the file isn't there, try opening up a command prompt and running start.bat from there and seeing if you see any error messages that way.
Auto: Replaces selected instances of the word "not" with the word "definitely".
FCK88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FCK88 »

RemiHiyama wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:15 pm
FCK88 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:43 pmI've downloaded both the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions of the GuideMe 0.4.5-version and tried running them both, one at a time of course, but none of them would open up..
We're gonna need more to go on here.

Go into the logs directory and check guideme.log, are there any errors in there?

If there aren't, or the file isn't there, try opening up a command prompt and running start.bat from there and seeing if you see any error messages that way.
I get a whole heap of errors in my guideme.log-file - if you want I can PM the log-file to you instead of posting them all in here cause there sure is a long list of errors I've encountered..
ashikoki
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ashikoki »

Hello, does this currently work with GuideMe? https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=52907
I only get a black screen when trying to load the XML file.

Edit: I've tried another tease and it loaded and worked just fine.
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

FCK88 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:54 pmI get a whole heap of errors in my guideme.log-file - if you want I can PM the log-file to you instead of posting them all in here cause there sure is a long list of errors I've encountered..
Usually just the first one or two things with the word "Exception" and the trace information is enough to work things out (not "error", since GuideMe logs a lot of things as errors that aren't actually errors), but if you want to send the entire log, that's fine. Just two things.

*It'll probably make things easier if you delete the existing guideme.log, try starting the program -once-, and then send the logfile that produces, both for size and clarity.
*The log file does contain some mildly private information - the login name you use on your computer, the GuideMe installation location, and the contents of the "path" environmental variable. You may want to remove those things (search and replace for the first two, and remove lines containing java.library.path for the last).

Part of why just posting the exception text is preferred is that the second part above is actually kind of a pain...
ashikoki wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:12 pm Hello, does this currently work with GuideMe? https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=52907
I only get a black screen when trying to load the XML file.

Edit: I've tried another tease and it loaded and worked just fine.
Are you using PlayfulGuy's downloader? If so, you'd probably be better off posting in the thread for that rather than this one. If not... How are you running it then?
FCK88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FCK88 »

RemiHiyama wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:07 am
FCK88 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:54 pmI get a whole heap of errors in my guideme.log-file - if you want I can PM the log-file to you instead of posting them all in here cause there sure is a long list of errors I've encountered..
Usually just the first one or two things with the word "Exception" and the trace information is enough to work things out (not "error", since GuideMe logs a lot of things as errors that aren't actually errors), but if you want to send the entire log, that's fine. Just two things.

*It'll probably make things easier if you delete the existing guideme.log, try starting the program -once-, and then send the logfile that produces, both for size and clarity.
*The log file does contain some mildly private information - the login name you use on your computer, the GuideMe installation location, and the contents of the "path" environmental variable. You may want to remove those things (search and replace for the first two, and remove lines containing java.library.path for the last).

Part of why just posting the exception text is preferred is that the second part above is actually kind of a pain...
Hey again.

I've tried the first option you gave me which ended up giving me these lines in my log-file:

2022-02-15T02:49:35,495 TRACE App - Enter main
2022-02-15T02:49:35,573 ERROR App - GuideMe Version - 0.4.5
2022-02-15T02:49:35,573 DEBUG AppSettings - AppSettings userDir: *****
2022-02-15T02:49:35,573 DEBUG AppSettings - AppSettings userHome: *****
2022-02-15T02:49:35,573 DEBUG AppSettings - AppSettings userName: *****
2022-02-15T02:49:35,573 DEBUG AppSettings - AppSettings fileSeparator: \
2022-02-15T02:49:35,573 DEBUG AppSettings - AppSettings settingsLocation: data\settings.properties

Could you tell me where the problem is from these data or do I have to look for something else?

FCK88
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

FCK88 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:55 amCould you tell me where the problem is from these data or do I have to look for something else?
1. Find the first line that contains "Exception". (It'll be part of a larger word - something like "NullPointerException" or "IllegalArgumentException".)
2. Note that there'll be some indented lines below it that don't have date stamps that begin with "at".
3. Start copying a few lines before the line with "Exception" in it.
4. End copying a few lines after all the "at" lines and the date stamps starting up.
FCK88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FCK88 »

RemiHiyama wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:10 am
FCK88 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:55 amCould you tell me where the problem is from these data or do I have to look for something else?
1. Find the first line that contains "Exception". (It'll be part of a larger word - something like "NullPointerException" or "IllegalArgumentException".)
2. Note that there'll be some indented lines below it that don't have date stamps that begin with "at".
3. Start copying a few lines before the line with "Exception" in it.
4. End copying a few lines after all the "at" lines and the date stamps starting up.
The problem is - what I posted in my earlier post is all I got from the guideme.log-file.. I don't have anything that says "Exception" or any of the other things you mention.. :unsure:
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

FCK88 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:54 pmThe problem is - what I posted in my earlier post is all I got from the guideme.log-file.. I don't have anything that says "Exception" or any of the other things you mention.. :unsure:
Ah, okay. So you've got a really early crash. That's usually caused by missing files in my experience, but from what you've said you must have downloaded the full version, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Okay, how about this, I realized what I said to do before wouldn't have worked. Make a copy of start.bat, change "start javaw" to "java", and run that from a command prompt, and see what comes up. If there's a problem happening before GuideMe's logging kicks in, that should show it.
FCK88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FCK88 »

RemiHiyama wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:47 pm
FCK88 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:54 pmThe problem is - what I posted in my earlier post is all I got from the guideme.log-file.. I don't have anything that says "Exception" or any of the other things you mention.. :unsure:
Ah, okay. So you've got a really early crash. That's usually caused by missing files in my experience, but from what you've said you must have downloaded the full version, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Okay, how about this, I realized what I said to do before wouldn't have worked. Make a copy of start.bat, change "start javaw" to "java", and run that from a command prompt, and see what comes up. If there's a problem happening before GuideMe's logging kicks in, that should show it.
I did try out your trick and it showed a lot of lines with some error messages I think but it all went so fast so I didn't even get to see what happened or what was wrong.. :unsure:
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

FCK88 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:00 pmI did try out your trick and it showed a lot of lines with some error messages I think but it all went so fast so I didn't even get to see what happened or what was wrong.. :unsure:
Were you running it in a command prompt? That part's important. If you just double-click on it, it'll close the window as soon as it's done instead of letting you scroll up and see what happened.

(You can also add a line with "pause" to the end of the batch file, but that doesn't always work well.)
FCK88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FCK88 »

RemiHiyama wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:39 pm
FCK88 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:00 pmI did try out your trick and it showed a lot of lines with some error messages I think but it all went so fast so I didn't even get to see what happened or what was wrong.. :unsure:
Were you running it in a command prompt? That part's important. If you just double-click on it, it'll close the window as soon as it's done instead of letting you scroll up and see what happened.

(You can also add a line with "pause" to the end of the batch file, but that doesn't always work well.)
Yes I ran it in command prompt.
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

FCK88 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:45 pmYes I ran it in command prompt.
Well, if you've got it running in a command prompt and you're seeing messages, but it's not letting you scroll up to see them, then I'm just stumped.
EroticDevelopment
Explorer
Explorer

Post by EroticDevelopment »

RemiHiyama wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:57 am
Well, if you've got it running in a command prompt and you're seeing messages, but it's not letting you scroll up to see them, then I'm just stumped.
It's doing that because of the "start" command in the bat file. "start" causes the command being called (javaw) to replace the current process (command prompt), so when Java(w) crashes the prompt closes.

FCK88, try this. Replace your start.bat with the following (or put this in a new debug.bat). The command prompt should stay open, and you can copy/paste the error message. Feel free to sanitize any personal info as before. We're going to want the last handful of lines following Remi's description from before. Scroll up from the bottom, find the first line that has some kind of "Exception", and grab everything below that.

Code: Select all

@echo off
PATH=./java/bin;./lib;%PATH%
java -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar GuideMe.jar
pause
This looks to be a very early crash, possibly before much of the logging is initialized which is odd.
FCK88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FCK88 »

EroticDevelopment wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:20 am
RemiHiyama wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:57 am
It's doing that because of the "start" command in the bat file. "start" causes the command being called (javaw) to replace the current process (command prompt), so when Java(w) crashes the prompt closes.

FCK88, try this. Replace your start.bat with the following (or put this in a new debug.bat). The command prompt should stay open, and you can copy/paste the error message. Feel free to sanitize any personal info as before. We're going to want the last handful of lines following Remi's description from before. Scroll up from the bottom, find the first line that has some kind of "Exception", and grab everything below that.

Code: Select all

@echo off
PATH=./java/bin;./lib;%PATH%
java -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar GuideMe.jar
pause
This looks to be a very early crash, possibly before much of the logging is initialized which is odd.
Hey ED.

I got it working now - seems all I had to do was delete the startup.state-file in my Data folder and then all of a sudden, BOOM - it worked :-D

But now, of course, I've encountered a NEW problem(sorry for being an annoying a** :blush: ).. When I used the MiloDownloader that supports downloading EOS teases I don't get shown any pics in GuideMe.. Maybe you know a solution to that problem as well?

Thanks in advance :-)

FCK88