GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

EroticDevelopment
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Post by EroticDevelopment »

RemiHiyama wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:33 am
EroticDevelopment wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:04 amAs always, please let me know here or in a DM if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Probably want to remove the reference to the addRepeatTimer functions, since I suggested and you agreed with pulling those out. I've also left comments on some issues that I think are resolved now.
I do plan on removing these as discussed. I don't believe any of that was included in the 0.4.5 release I published, but if I missed something let me know. I have the remaining items you worked on including that and the VLCj update in another branch that I'm testing now. I've run into some weird inconsistencies around the vlclib loading that concerned me a bit so I want to look at that more. Most importantly, I don't believe it's looking for the bundled version anymore and only looking at a system-wide install. I believe I have this fixed, but it seems like a good opportunity to resolve a few other things at the same time.
RemiHiyama wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:33 am And while the commit history is there for all to see, I feel like I ought to say for the not-so-much-digging-required record that a good chunk of those things are your work and not mine, I just released a build with them first. (And if I spent enough time I could probably remember which ones are which without having to look them up myself. Probably.)
There's definitely items in there from both of us, but I appreciate the work you did and like to give credit where it's due. You got some big items done while I wasn't available.
EroticDevelopment
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Image change with Timer node?

RemiHiyama wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:59 pm
PlayfulGuy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:30 pmThe page text updates as expected, but the image doesn't change.
Is that a bug, or just me?

I've tried several different versions of Guideme, and variations on the imageId attribute like (image, imageId, imageid) but no joy.
imageId is correct (and it is case sensitive). It works for me and I'm not seeing any reason why it wouldn't work for you.

Are there any error messages in your log? There should be a line like this:

Code: Select all

org.guideme.guideme.ui.MainShell - Timer: (random uid here) Triggered
And then any exceptions generated by the timer's actions should come immediately following that.
I'm not seeing any issues here either. The code provided looks correct and it works for me. I'll try a few more things and see if maybe it's platform-specific.
EroticDevelopment
Explorer
Explorer

RemiHiyama wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:40 pm Done some more experimenting with either adding that XInitThreads call myself or using a newer version of vlcj that does that itself. And I keep getting this error:

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.eclipse.swt.awt.SWT_AWT (path omitted)/org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64-4.6.1.jar) to constructor sun.awt.X11.XEmbeddedFrame(long, boolean)
Which looks a lot like the bug being talked about here: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=543404

But I have no idea what to do about it.
I've been spending some time looking at this but so far haven't made any major breakthroughs. I kind of know what's causing it, just trying to figure out how to fix it any why. This issue and the video playing in its own window are largely the same issue I believe. Somewhere it's not attaching the video surface correctly.
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by RemiHiyama »

EroticDevelopment wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:16 amI do plan on removing these as discussed. I don't believe any of that was included in the 0.4.5 release I published, but if I missed something let me know.
I did some digging and it looks like that never got put back into master on my fork, so there's nothing code-side for you to do; I can just pull that out and submit the backend stuff at a later date, since I think it's still pretty solid and that repeating and/or fractional timers are useful things to have.

But there's still a line in the release notes at https://github.com/EroticDevelopment/Gu ... tag/v0.4.5 about repeating timers that should be removed.

... And also the fix for https://github.com/EroticDevelopment/GuideMe/issues/33 seems to have gotten lost somewhere in there. (It's this commit.)
EroticDevelopment wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:21 amI've been spending some time looking at this but so far haven't made any major breakthroughs. I kind of know what's causing it, just trying to figure out how to fix it any why. This issue and the video playing in its own window are largely the same issue I believe. Somewhere it's not attaching the video surface correctly.
Will it actually run for you? I've had crashes on launch with my attempted fixes, but I'm not certain the problem isn't something missing/misconfigured in the VM I'm using for testing the linux build.
Auto: Replaces selected instances of the word "not" with the word "definitely".
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Re: Image change with Timer node?

Post by PlayfulGuy »

EroticDevelopment wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:18 am
RemiHiyama wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:59 pm
PlayfulGuy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:30 pmThe page text updates as expected, but the image doesn't change.
Is that a bug, or just me?

I've tried several different versions of Guideme, and variations on the imageId attribute like (image, imageId, imageid) but no joy.
imageId is correct (and it is case sensitive). It works for me and I'm not seeing any reason why it wouldn't work for you.

Are there any error messages in your log? There should be a line like this:

org.guideme.guideme.ui.MainShell - Timer: (random uid here) Triggered
And then any exceptions generated by the timer's actions should come immediately following that.
I'm not seeing any issues here either. The code provided looks correct and it works for me. I'll try a few more things and see if maybe it's platform-specific.
Thanks guys. Since I posted that I've moved to a new computer and tried it again today and it works just fine. Go figure. It seems to me I've had that same thing happen before where I tried this or something like it and it didn't work, but after a reboot or something it worked. It was just strange because I tried 3 different guideme versions and had the same issue in all of them.

Go figure...

Thanks again,

PG
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

Hello,

is it just me, or does GuideMe lowers quality of the images?

Here is a difference between the same (.jpg) image:
Spoiler: show
Is it intended? Can there be something done about it on my side?
Thank you! :wave:
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/tbQxJ22
My latest release: Cock Hero - Replay viewtopic.php?t=24640
All my work so far: https://mega.nz/folder/sdcHmQzT#PZ4ctIZsoGp4N7zuDmIh_Q
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

Pseudonym wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:40 pm Hello,

GuideMe scales all images to fit the window, whether up or down. In that case, it's enlarged it somewhat. If that bothers you, you might prefer an option to only scale oversize images. I've been thinking about some options for that part of the code anyway, so I can probably look into adding one.
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

RemiHiyama wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:59 pm
Pseudonym wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:40 pm Hello,

GuideMe scales all images to fit the window, whether up or down. In that case, it's enlarged it somewhat. If that bothers you, you might prefer an option to only scale oversize images. I've been thinking about some options for that part of the code anyway, so I can probably look into adding one.
Thank you for your answer.

Altought I'm 100% sure it's not just scaling. The quality is reduced and there are also artifacts added.
My guess is that GuideMe is doing some sort of compression of all shown images.
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

Here is more zoomed-in comparsion (left side is GuideMe):
If you open that image in a new tab, I think it's pretty clear there is something going on.

But maybe it's intentional for performance or other reasons?
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

Pseudonym wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:23 pmAltought I'm 100% sure it's not just scaling. The quality is reduced and there are also artifacts added.
I'm pretty sure that's still a result of it going through the scaling function. It shoves every image through it no matter what. And since that function also applies a light blur (which is apparently intended to make scaled down images look better, oops), I think it probably accounts for what you're seeing.

It's possible that the browser control is also introducing artifacts, but I don't think it's likely. But you can see for yourself - if you leave the page open in GuideMe, and go to the /data subdirectory of your GuideMe folder, there should be a file in there with a name beginning with "tmpImage". That's the output of the scaling function. If that shows the same issues, then that confirms their source.
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

RemiHiyama wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:26 pm
Pseudonym wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:23 pmAltought I'm 100% sure it's not just scaling. The quality is reduced and there are also artifacts added.
I'm pretty sure that's still a result of it going through the scaling function. It shoves every image through it no matter what. And since that function also applies a light blur (which is apparently intended to make scaled down images look better, oops), I think it probably accounts for what you're seeing.

It's possible that the browser control is also introducing artifacts, but I don't think it's likely. But you can see for yourself - if you leave the page open in GuideMe, and go to the /data subdirectory of your GuideMe folder, there should be a file in there with a name beginning with "tmpImage". That's the output of the scaling function. If that shows the same issues, then that confirms their source.
Ah, yes. You are right. Here is the tmp vs original:
Again, if lowering the quality is intended and it has its technical justification, I accept it.

If not, some better way to scale images without loosing quality would be nice feature in new versions? :rolleyes:

Just a suggestion. I remember TeaseMe not having this issue for some reason.
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

Pseudonym wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:53 pmAgain, if lowering the quality is intended and it has its technical justification, I accept it.
Hmmm, I believe the term I'd use is "overzealous" - it makes sense some of the time, but it's doing it all of the time whether it makes sense or not.

In any event, adding some new options to control this behavior is definitely on my list of things to look into. (Well, technically it was already there, since I don't entirely like how it does things either, but you've brought some things to my attention about it that I hadn't noticed before.)
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

RemiHiyama wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:04 pm Hmmm, I believe the term I'd use is "overzealous" - it makes sense some of the time, but it's doing it all of the time whether it makes sense or not.

In any event, adding some new options to control this behavior is definitely on my list of things to look into. (Well, technically it was already there, since I don't entirely like how it does things either, but you've brought some things to my attention about it that I hadn't noticed before.)
I'm glad to hear that. I always feel like a dick when nitpicking other's work. :blush:

Btw I think I found a bug. Disabled buttons can still be triggered by their hotkeys.
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

Pseudonym wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:09 am Btw I think I found a bug. Disabled buttons can still be triggered by their hotkeys.
Yep, the line of code that adds hotkeys doesn't check whether the button is disabled or not at all. Pretty easy fix.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

RemiHiyama wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:04 pm
Pseudonym wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:09 am Btw I think I found a bug. Disabled buttons can still be triggered by their hotkeys.
Yep, the line of code that adds hotkeys doesn't check whether the button is disabled or not at all. Pretty easy fix.
That reminds me. There is another issue I've noticed with hotkeys. If you are on page of a tease that has buttons with hotkeys and open the debug window to jump to another page (like while debugging or testing), if you start typing in the dropdown box to enter a page name, if that page name uses any of the hotkeys, the hotkeys trigger that button, even though technically the Guideme window no longer has focus, the debug window does. You have to jump to some safe page that doesn't have hotkeys, and whose name doesn't use any of the characters used as hotkeys on the active page.

PG