[ARCHIVE][Alpha] Dev Talk

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: [ARCHIVE][Alpha] Dev Talk

Post by Daragorn »

basim wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:01 pm And to answer your next question, there is no tag limit for an image. So I'm surprise by your problem of adding multiple tags. But maybe I misunderstand your sentences.
I now read your lines a multiple times.. are you taking about the buttons which let you add a kink for a new image while watching? Is your bug that you can't press a button? What do you mean when saying "change one of the tags"? Did you edit the xml list?
I meant that in the interface there seems to be a limit to how many "buttons" become available, or am i wrong? It seemed to me that once i put it enough kinks, something like 10-12 maybe, i don't remember how many there were, she showed up a new image, then i inserted yet another kink and, it seemed to me that it didn't add a new button with that kink but just swapped it for one of the previously inserted one....so for example i couldn't see "pussy" button anymore....but maybe it was just an impression, or she changed the tag associated with that kink.
(not sure if this was clearer this time ehehe)

As far as the other part of your replies, i understand now how 3d development can also become "content" in the future and i agree that having the possibility to create our own custom poses and the like will be surely neat to have.

Finally, as another suggestion, regarding the media folders...i think you should make a check to see if the directory of the tagged images are still existing because, for example, in my tries to see if i could get her working without bugging out, i changed the media folder around, then deleted the previous one and, in the following sessions, she would keep up trying to show the previously tagged images, which were now not existing anymore since i deleted the folder. This ended up in her showing more often than not the "couldn't locate img xxxx" error msg in place of the image.
The problem here is that there is no way to "fix" this unless you delete and restart from scratch and i think it would be a huge issue in playability if not considered. Basically right now, once you make a choice initially, you are bound to have to never modify it or you'll end up in seeing that error msg over and over.
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

basim wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:01 pm...
Hi basim, here is a pic of what i meant in one of my previous post of Archive writing no-sense sentences (honestly i doubt it is something you wrote...THAT...bad :-D, i think it may be some kind of bug actually)
Immagine.jpg
Immagine.jpg (14.93 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

This years candidates for the MUAEMOTY-Award (MUAEMOTY -> Most Useless Awkward Error Message Of The Year)

- 'Your mouse has stopped working. Click OK to continue.'
- 'Task failed successfully.'
- 'Critival Error - Windows has detected that your monitor is not plugged in.'
- 'T.h atnhki sy oius sloo cmautcehd Dianr itoh!e programs folder called "m'

And this years MUAEMOTY-Award goes to... *tada*
Spoiler: show
'T.h atnhki sy oius sloo cmautcehd Dianr itoh!e programs folder called "m' :rofl:
Btw.:
I think it's not fair that this Cmautcehd guy called Dianr Itoh!e's program folder 'm'... people like Cmautcehd should show more respect, you cannot just call aother ones program folder like that. :weep:
And why is T.H. Atnhki gives a shit anyway? :hmmm:

rofl.jpg
rofl.jpg (9.57 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
(Sorry, couldn't resist ^^ )
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

How the heck did this happen? :crazy:

I seriously don't know if I want to laugh or cry..

And I have absolutely not a glimpse of an idea what caused this....

But..

I got an award! :-P
> Join ARCHIVE on Discord <
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

Unfortunately I still got the bug even without moving the text box.

Something I noticed just now, you can't run single scenes on the edit part anymore....there are another way to do that?
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

basim wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:38 pm How the heck did this happen? :crazy:
Eeheheh yes it is quite an interesting bug indeed...maybe it has to do with the writing speed? i speeded it up a bit, maybe that's what causes it? (dunno, throwing random hypotesis here)...i will try with removing the writing or bringing it back to 1.0 speed and see if it still appears (such nonsense sentences appeared to me more than once, quite randomly).

Btw, i tried even with a "clean" install, removing all the previous data and such, but yet, i still got stuck again halfway through the first session.
It might be a coincidence but it seems to me that the bug begin starting to appear after having tagged a few images; at least, i never had it get stuck it in the first parts of Archives's presentation. After a pair of rounds of tagging images, i started to get the stuck button bug again...maybe it helps you figure out what's going on (might be that it tries to do something while still parsing through the tags?)
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

Thanks to all of you for still helping me to find this stupid button bug. Casual work got me quite busy and will for the next days. But I'm still following this thread, think about that bug and do test to find a solution. Sadly yet I haven't found anything. And I just finished a complet fresh playthrough of all content that is atm possible ... nothing. I can't replicate this bug on my machine. It would be so much more easy if I could. So I rely on you.

Let me do a recap of what we know by now .. and please corret me or complete the notes.

- The bug appears later in the game
- It does only occurs when "kink-buttons" are shown?! Everytime or at random?
- It stays and does not work after a few seconds.
- When apearing all buttons are bugged?
avatarbr wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:50 am Unfortunately I still got the bug even without moving the text box.
Something I noticed just now, you can't run single scenes on the edit part anymore....there are another way to do that?
Yea, I moved this test button for two reasons.
I guess some people did understand this as a function to also run archive. It's not that I don't want them to, but it is really only for testing / debuging. I might confuses more people than be handy.
But the more important reason is that a chapter can have multiple entrances. So one single button can not handle this. The test button is now on the entrance note it self while you are on the stage.
Daragorn wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:10 am
Eeheheh yes it is quite an interesting bug indeed...maybe it has to do with the writing speed? i speeded it up a bit, maybe that's what causes it? (dunno, throwing random hypotesis here)...i will tr...
And thank you Daragorn for all your ideas and comments to other topics. You got some important issues pointed out. I'll keep track of them. But for now I only can put them one a list due to my limited time atm.
Only one thing that might help you. If you want to speed up the testing process you don't need to speed up the reading speed of archive. Just hit the right arrow key to skip the time delay of a text. That works 95% of the time.
Oh and no, there is no button count limit. However I might have to redesign that part. Above 30+ buttons the amount of buttons is not only confusing but reaching the screens limitation. :look:

~basim
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

basim wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:12 pm - The bug appears later in the game
- It does only occurs when "kink-buttons" are shown?! Everytime or at random?
- It stays and does not work after a few seconds.
- When apearing all buttons are bugged?
-well, not that later...honestly it's hard to remember when it happened since it happens me in each and every session sooner or later. From what i remember, though, yes it seems to start to appear at least after a pair of "tag" cycles

-if i remember well no, i had it happening also on the edge to kinks games

-i don't understand what you mean? if you mean is permanent....well yes, you can wait as much as you want but it won't stuck. Generally, even quitting, relaunching and telling her to continue will just have her remain stuck instantly (most of the times without even reaching the pic, sometimes it reach the pic, but the buttons don't work, a very few times it resumes working)

-yes, no button work at all

I know it is a surely time consuming software to develop, so don't worry i can understand if it will take long to implement things (or if you think some of them are not worth to implement, afterall it is your game, so you don't have to necessarily follow all the suggestions :-D)
sklavephilipp
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by sklavephilipp »

I love this game.

A little bug:
When you tag an image as feminization it always saves example.

And a Facesitting Tag woul be great
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

sklavephilipp wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:12 pm I love this game.
A little bug:
When you tag an image as feminization it always saves example.
And a Facesitting Tag woul be great
Hey, thank you!

And very well observed, indeed there was mistype on the tag. It's fixed in the next update.

I also will add you tag suggestion! :-P

Have a good day,
basim
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

Fiiinnaalllllyy, the button bug is out! Thanks to Daragon for a lot of testing and avatarbr for a final check.

Now I can work on. I'll go down all of your comments about the last version again and try to put in as much of it as possible without delaying an offiacial release of that version to much.

Thanks for all of your feedbacks!
Greets,
basim
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

basim wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:01 am Fiiinnaalllllyy, the button bug is out! Thanks to Daragon for a lot of testing and avatarbr for a final check.

Now I can work on. I'll go down all of your comments about the last version again and try to put in as much of it as possible without delaying an offiacial release of that version to much.

Thanks for all of your feedbacks!
Greets,
basim
Yes, just to confirm, I played everything again without any bug....

I know someone probably said, but would be good to have a way to add multiple folders. I created one for ARCHIVE to use, with around 100 images. But the tag part is already getting repetitive. I don't know how everyone organize pictures, but I try to keep in separated folders.

Anyway, I can't wait to see whay is in the future.
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

Hi avatarbr,

many did suggest it. And you are right. This is crucial. So it was my plan right in the beginning to be able to have multiple media folders. Hence this it already is possible. But only code wise, what is missing is the UI part. But it'll be added for the next offical update in the next days.

Oh, and Archive is able to parse subfolders. I have some separate folders to, but can select the top one when I like to feed all of them into archive. Btw. 100k images and 1k folders are no probem for her. It will take some time, 20-30sec, but this is mainly because the folders. Not the image count.

Have a good day
basim
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

Hello,

just a quick note. Version 0.2.021 is online at the "offical" website. You'll find the link in my inital post.

A lot of things you pointed out are fixed / changed in this version, others still mis. I still have those on my list. But the last official update of archive was two month ago, so I don't wanted to wait any longer.

Thanks again for your help of debugging this version! :punk:

Cheers,
baim
Kinkyboots
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kinkyboots »

Thx for uploading the new version. It is really stable.
I had a couple of runs without any problems. What i noticed is that when i press on a button while archive is still writing, then in the first sentence of the next box the letter would be a mix. The second sentence is then correct as well as everything else. Its just happening when i click to "fast". Maybe that information helps fixing that.

And in nearly every session and in my last session 3 times Archive asked me about pain and which body part i would prefer. Somehow she is struggling to remember that.