[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v0.9d

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
FatherDarkness
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Dom (Male)

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v0.9d

Post by FatherDarkness »

I have been really enjoying the past couple of releases. All of the new content is excellent. The down side to having so much content is that it takes a while to get to see it, especially some of the less common options in the Tavern. There are a few things I would like to bring foreward:

1) 2 hrs to the city is a huge nerf, and mostly just...annoying. I kind of understand making the city and tavern less of a crutch, but the time that it significantly decreases the amount of content that you can see in a game, and pretty much as soon as I can get a Deep Forest Map it isn't really worth it to go to the city regularly. It didn't really change that much strategy wise for me and mostly means that it takes longer to explore the content of the game.

2) Perks: The Attack perk lets you get out of the early game faster with less addiction points. The HP and lust tree are ok, but I can manage fine with potions, and eventually it is nice to be able to intentionally lose some encounters. By the time I would consider getting the gold perk, I already have enough gold that it really isn't worth it. Perks that I would totally go for is an increase in how long/ how much you make from the Tavern, being able to choose any girl from the tavern, and then an increase in getting the girl you want when exploring (based on where you go and what addiction you seek out). I have no clue how difficult that would be to implement though.

3) Equipment. For the most part (to me) the equipment isn't really worth crafting. You get one bonus that helps against one particular enemy, but you are never sure who you are going to be up against, so I find it better to just use the materials to get gold to buy potions or decrease addictions at the church. If there was the option to open your backpack and change what equipment you have in your first turn of an encounter that would increase their utility and value a huge amount. You could also introduce an equipment check in higher difficulty enemies that make the fight easier with the equipment (like say preventing Sarah from enticing you at the end)

4) Bypassing the swamp: You don't currently need to go to the swamp for anything unless the talisman is there. Getting the knuckles (which is pretty easy) and maxing the attack perk is enough to be able to weather the Dark Woods to get the Hammer recipe. The Deep Forest is super useful for early experience increase (over the forest) and Iron for all of the weapons. Increasing Zoe's HP to 55 would mean that you would need an upgraded weapon to beat her (and safely navigate the DW)

5) Perks EXP cost: Scaling the exp cost (tier 1 - 25, tier 2 - 50, tier 3 - 75) would make it take the same total exp to max a tree out, but would introduce the decision of getting the cheap ones first, and then building up, or going all in maxing one tree out.

6) The addiction and corruption from the random encounter in the city is a little on the steep side. Half the current value seems more appropriate to me, especially considering how short the encounter is.

7) Scoring: Currently rewards grinding easy levels. If you added points for a single encounter with an enemy it would help promote exploration.

All in all this is pretty phenomenal content, and there is enough to keep me coming back over and over.
Vicissitudo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vicissitudo »

First of all I want to say that I really like this game and its mechanics! Really one of my favorites so far!
I'm would like to give a little feedback now trying to avoid repeating what other people already said before me.
Spoiler: show
1 - The process of picking up a job in the Tavern it's a bit too long and boring. Since it need to be done every day would be nice to have a shorter way to get into the room with the client and start the "job".

2 - It happened to me to mess up with a client and the Tavern closed "indefinitely", but ended up being "definitely closed". 50 days or more have passed and was still closed, so I assume that when that happens there is no way to get to the jobs again. Maybe would be nice to find a way retrieve the situation... maybe with a side quest? Dunno, just an idea...

3 - Variation. While the game's mechanics are great but, in my opinion, the game itself lacks a bit of variation. For each area instead of single enemies would be nice to have different "categories" of enemies. That would just be a copy/paste and the loot would be divided by categories, which are composed by different enemies. Just an idea, I know it involves extra work but since it would actually be "the exact same enemy" but with different appearance and pictures, I believe it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

4 - Randomization system sometimes looks broken (at least to me and my playing experience). Sometimes to make something happen you just have to repeat that again and again and again and again. Like the randomization of enemies, happens quite often that the same exact enemy spawns like 10 times in a row. Or like in the Dark Wood, the ghost spawned just 1 time and then I wandered the area for 50 (fifty) more days without a single trace (maybe here I'm missing something?) which eventually made me give up (so yeah, never made to the Castle so far).

5 - Money/Exp system could be improved furthermore. While in the early game it's a struggle to advance and make money or gain exp (and it's a positive trait to me), in the later game it's way too easy. Too much exp, too much money... and nothing to do with.

6 - Drops from bosses are a bit of a trick. I've played the game 20+ times now and never ever happened that a boss dropped her loot. Plus the encounter is not repeatable which sucks a bit. Would be nice to add a way to play against them again. Maybe pledging money? That would help fixing point 5.

7 - Endings. In my opinion would be nice each enemy to have a proper "ending" when losing a battle or reviewing her photos in the codex. With Ending I mean "facial/cumshot/creampie/whatever". Some of them seems like left incomplete.

8 - Interact with NPCS? That would be a nice feature to have some side quests with them... just an idea...

9 - Videos? Lately I've seen some EOS games which implemented some videos. That would be a top feature to add in a future release! I understand it may require a lot of extra work tho but you should keep it in consideration...

PERSONAL TASTES FEEDBACK - You can just ignore that part if you wish
Based on my own personal tastes, so don't take it personally. I totally understand everyone has it's own tastes and I'm perfectly fine with that. I just want to share my opinion about that.
10 - Personally I am not into Shemale/Trans content and I find a bit unfair to have much less content because of that.

11 - To me 50% of the chosen models are a bit of "omfg". Not that I'm not into MILF stuff but there are some who really look deformed with unnatural huge breasts, deformed breasts, deformed faces, loads of silicon here and there, scarred bodies etc.
To me would be nice to see some more pretty models but, again, that's just my point of view. Your game, your choices.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

Vicissitudo wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:57 pm 9 - Videos? Lately I've seen some EOS games which implemented some videos. That would be a top feature to add in a future release! I understand it may require a lot of extra work tho but you should keep it in consideration...
I am not the best one to comment on this but in my personal experience at least full videos can only be done with Open EOS which this game was not coded in. For GIFs that you can do in EOS, the way I have done them is to either find a gif online or use a program to turn a few seconds of video into a gif. From there I use another program to split them into frames and tell me how much time is in between each frame. Then I take these 150-400 frames and add them as their own individual pictures with a timer separating each of these frames.

With the way EOS does these it becomes a nightmare when using lots of frames to keep them all in the correct order. I only did it because I ignorantly thought that I came up with the process myself and thought it would shock and awe. Instead I came to find out later that others seem to mention a similar process in the forums. The Gifs are also subject to quite a bit of lag on certain computers. The takeaway is that it frankly isn't worth it unless you have lots of time to burn. Diogaoo's time can be far better spent.

I am very much in option of your rebalancing thoughts and though I agree with your content thoughts, those will take a lot more time which it sounds like diagoo is short on.
Vicissitudo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vicissitudo »

indyc wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:20 pm
Vicissitudo wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:57 pm 9 - Videos? Lately I've seen some EOS games which implemented some videos. That would be a top feature to add in a future release! I understand it may require a lot of extra work tho but you should keep it in consideration...
I am not the best one to comment on this but in my personal experience at least full videos can only be done with Open EOS which this game was not coded in. For GIFs that you can do in EOS, the way I have done them is to either find a gif online or use a program to turn a few seconds of video into a gif. From there I use another program to split them into frames and tell me how much time is in between each frame. Then I take these 150-400 frames and add them as their own individual pictures with a timer separating each of these frames.

With the way EOS does these it becomes a nightmare when using lots of frames to keep them all in the correct order. I only did it because I ignorantly thought that I came up with the process myself and thought it would shock and awe. Instead I came to find out later that others seem to mention a similar process in the forums. The Gifs are also subject to quite a bit of lag on certain computers. The takeaway is that it frankly isn't worth it unless you have lots of time to burn. Diogaoo's time can be far better spent.

I am very much in option of your rebalancing thoughts and though I agree with your content thoughts, those will take a lot more time which it sounds like diagoo is short on.
Thanks for your response! I think I've read that process of splitting gifs into frames and upload them which make the whole thing hard to do and, as you said, doesn't worth the effort.
However there is "The Fortune Teller" tease that just implemented videos (with sound too!) but I don't know how hard it is to do that. I'm an illustrator/graphic designer and sadly my code knowledge it's very poor.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

Yes, that is the open EOS program I referred to which Hero Corruption is not coded in. Make sure you send Darigaaz and fapnip a message about how much you valued those videos. They were the pioneers on that front. Sadly it won't be possible in HC.
VincentSagitta
Explorer
Explorer

Post by VincentSagitta »

spaisin wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am The Amazons, yeah, they may be "not impossible" or may even be "easy", but I don't know how the event functions; it may be a little too obscure, or I may just be a little slow on the uptake. Probably just me being slow - I have no idea how the wishing well actually works either, so I always skip that too..
I never understood the wishing well either :-| Read in earlier version forum-comments that it might be helpful vs corruption, but I tried a few runs to throw in a "decent" amount of gold (10g or so, early in the game), but most of the time would get more corruption instead of less :innocent: Seems safer to avoid it, but it's a bit boring to "miss out" on content.
FatherDarkness
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by FatherDarkness »

VincentSagitta wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:13 pm
I never understood the wishing well either :-| Read in earlier version forum-comments that it might be helpful vs corruption, but I tried a few runs to throw in a "decent" amount of gold (10g or so, early in the game), but most of the time would get more corruption instead of less :innocent: Seems safer to avoid it, but it's a bit boring to "miss out" on content.
Try 20 gold... (and make sure you have more than 2 corruption points that you want to drop to make it worth your time. It is really helpful if you make a mistake early game and get caught off guard and end up with an unsustainable amount of corruption.
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by spaisin »

FatherDarkness wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:05 pm Try 20 gold...
Last time I tried it, I gave it 1G to reduce corruption (I wanted more) ... and of course it did exactly what I asked it to. So even when I succeed with it, I fail ... :-) ( That's also the only really usable datapoint I have about it.. at least it IS random.. )
Waverunner02
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Waverunner02 »

Come on just admit it.
Those last two girls in the castle are impossible! hahaha
My first run I tried to attack the stronger girl, but eventually couldn't reach her. So switched to the other girl, but could not self heal lust so eventually bummered.

Second run I tried the opposite, went after the healing girl first, took her out, but noooooo she refuses to be defeated, and continues to heal the other one regardless. So it goes on forever. I finally accept defeat with creampie at 100.

I managed to survive for a while though still and brought it down some.

Went in with nearly 500 health and lust points.

I guess I could try again and go after the stronger one first with self heal ability. Hmm.

Maximum points I've been able to get in 15 days is 87.5. It seems to weight gold pretty heavily though so for a higher score, it may be better to just focus on gold first. I'm excited to see what type of hero I am when I am over 100 points haha.

When I'm building focused, I actually go to the swamp instead of dark forest being that it's a lot less dangerous and only makes 5 less gold.

Zoe is hilarious. Either she completely breaks you, or you two shot knock her out, either way is pretty hilarious and fun haha.

Haven't seen the new laura ending yet though I admit she is definitely very hot.

I still want a bit more from shemale endings! Haha. They are good though as is.

The new town stuff added is very good. In fact, I've noticed near the end of the game, you should never even risk walking around with corruption. Someone may just show up and enslave you on the spot. In fact I was collared very quickly my first go round of the new version, lol.

I do like the amazon girls, that is pretty neat.

I still want to be able to fall into a vanilla romance with the girl that gave me the codex if I beat the game! LOL But only if I pass her test of course. Failing, would probably lead to another bad ending lol.

I like that the game is difficult. One of the main attributes of the game seems to be stacking the deck against the player, preying on their weaknesses, which I very highly value since being defeated is ultimately very attractive.

The ability to switch perks from reduce 3 addiction points a day to heal while waiting seems helpful, but not necessary since someone can start over.

I think the perk attack ability show be smaller. +1,+1,+1.

Currently the best thing to do seems to be attack first, then gold second, since the gold benefits you each round whereas additional health and lust only are necessary some rounds.

Sometimes I play it harder on purpose though and start with gold, then go to health then lust then attack.

The potions seem to have a much higher chance at certain times. I won't say what they are bc I don't want people cheating too much haha... but truly randomizing them may be a good idea. I also like the idea of "if you dont beat someone then a potion will not show up at all that day."

For example, as it is, if my health is too low or lust too high, I will go to an easier map at certain time frames and be rewarded with an equally powerful potion. So it might be better to have different potion strengths at different maps. The current potion level, would be the best possible potion with weaker ones at the other maps. This makes it harder for newbies of course as well though.

That also brings up a point about difficulty levels. Not sure that is worth doing as it seems like it would be more work than worth the effort, but it could give an end game score multiplier.

One time I got an additional end of game score past day 15, in the 20's I think, which was neat.

Are you able to develop a score board? Haha

Don't want to bog you down with additional work though that would likely always be better spent on developing the next maps. So keep on my man and thank you! :)
Waverunner02
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Waverunner02 »

Yup that didn't work either. Even went in with a swamp buff doing 31 damage and after a couple stuns seemed to be doing well. After it stopped working I did switch to gabby though so maybe that was the problem and I should have just stuck with it seeing if something changed. . Made me angrier than the witch does after she -20 statted me 3 times and added 10 addiction twice all in the same run lol. Not that she shouldn't, but if there was a chance to fight her even if she had 500 health doing 50 damage spells with domination stealing all gold and creating a debt that had to be paid at the church or the tavern I'd still probably think it worth it to fight her lol.
Then went to the wrong area. I guess moral of the story is, don't do a castle run unless you have 20 blue potions on hand and/or have 700 gold, and/or know the safest place to go after lol.

Gosh darnit!
Slagblah
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Slagblah »

Soul3000 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:08 am
Yup that didn't work either. Even went in with a swamp buff doing 31 damage and after a couple stuns seemed to be doing well. After it stopped working I did switch to gabby though so maybe that was the problem and I should have just stuck with it seeing if something changed. . Made me angrier than the witch does after she -20 statted me 3 times and added 10 addiction twice all in the same run lol. Not that she shouldn't, but if there was a chance to fight her even if she had 500 health doing 50 damage spells with domination stealing all gold and creating a debt that had to be paid at the church or the tavern I'd still probably think it worth it to fight her lol.
Then went to the wrong area. I guess moral of the story is, don't do a castle run unless you have 20 blue potions on hand and/or have 700 gold, and/or know the safest place to go after lol.

Gosh darnit!
There's a trick to the twins that was mentioned earlier in this thread. Just keep attacking Gabby down to 0 HP, except for rounds when Abby is "up to something". If you don't attack Abby then, you'll be pinned and eventually defeated.

Some of these encounters are tricky when you don't pay attention to things like that. For instance, I can't tell you how long it took me to spot Bea's "tell". I used to run away, thinking she was basically unbeatable without something like a 50+ attack.
Waverunner02
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Waverunner02 »

Slagblah wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:51 am
Soul3000 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:08 am

Gosh darnit!
There's a trick to the twins that was mentioned earlier in this thread. Just keep attacking Gabby down to 0 HP, except for rounds when Abby is "up to something". If you don't attack Abby then, you'll be pinned and eventually defeated.

Some of these encounters are tricky when you don't pay attention to things like that. For instance, I can't tell you how long it took me to spot Bea's "tell". I used to run away, thinking she was basically unbeatable without something like a 50+ attack.
Hahaha ohhhhh thank you for that. I understand it clearly now. I didn't quite understand the hint earlier lol. That is funny about Bea. I definitely got murdered the first time with her as well lol. I still consider her dangerous even when knowing though. If you aren't super quick she'll get ya hahah. Alright I guess I'll try it again. I enjoy the first 15 days trying to get a 100 score as well. Then it is basically just waiting for hammer and all the perks to run out. I'm usually at an average at 400 stats by then. I am kind of curious if anyone has gotten a higher than 87.5 score yet haha. And also the quickest time in days anyone's beaten it.
Seispelas
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Seispelas »

Wanted to say I love the new enemy in the swamp! The model is one of my faves when watching porn and fimdom really suits the game, I can't believe I never thought of suggesting it before.
basedtrap
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by basedtrap »

To add my voice to the others who have mentioned it, I do like the Swamp, but I basically completely ignore it because it's annoying to constantly lose my clothes to Mia (who can only be escaped on the first turn or so). It's not even that her fight is hard, it's just having to constantly put on new clothes that makes it tedious. I wish you could just get your clothes back after beating her.

I love the idea of a beach area, with girls in swimsuits. Or even a pool, which you could visit from the city.

I'd like to see more interactions/alternatives with the random locations at the different maps. The statue in the Forest has a masturbate option already (albeit a barebones one), alternate interactions with the wishing well, cabin in the deep woods, and cleansing fountain would be cool. The Dark Woods currently lacks a structure besides the cabin, so I think theres some room there for something interesting.

Some ideas for the structure variety,
For the statue, it would be interesting if masturbating to it a few times triggered some sort of special event. Like a dream sequence with the goddess or with an evil creature disguised as the goddess.

For the wishing well, it would be cool if there was some sort of very expensive option that you'd have to sink a lot of money into acquiring. You could wish for a beautiful woman or something, or a wife. Or maybe power. You could have the amount paid be cumulative, if you wanted to make it a very high amount like several hundreds of gold.

The cleansing fountain could have a spirit or something, one that only appears after you cleanse x amount of corruption there. The same principle could be applied to the old house in the deep woods, maybe visiting it with very high lust or using it to restore a certain amount of lust across multiple visits could trigger an event. Maybe a friendly, or not so friendly ghost who is the one that's been helping you "relieve stress".

For a Dark Woods structure, I was thinking it could be funny to have a spooky bakery or something. A high-level vendor, that charges gold and an increase to an addiction in exchange for special consumables. Example: Charging 80 gold and +creampie for a "cream filled" dessert, and possibly even having an addiction check or risk fucking her and doubling your addiction increase.
Addition: I'd like to add as well that, personally, I prefer it when failed checks result in punishment rather than instant loss. It currently feels like the "maximum addiction" you can get before you start getting bad ends is a bit low. I kind of wish that these were tied more with the Corruption system, and less with the Addiction one. Since having high addictions would frequently make you the victim of special attacks, and naturally increase your corruption through losses, they would still obviously push you towards bad endings. But getting a bad end on 0 corruption just kinda feels bad. I like to mess around a bit with the high addiction interactions, and having to start from 0 because you're not allowed to visit the city above 30 blowjob/anal addiction anymore is really kinda lame. Why can't I have a hero who is otherwise fine, but has a serious weakness for big tits?
Slagblah
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Slagblah »

diogaoo wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:47 pm
Slagblah wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:36 am Hi. I registered just to provide feedback for Hero Corruption. I've been playing for the last couple of versions and am really enjoying it. Thanks.

Anyways, here are some comments/suggestions/bug reports:
5. Amazons. I was thinking that adding a reward for successfully escaping from the Amazons would be nice. After getting free from the cage, you could come across a chest as you are sneaking out of the Amazon's camp and have the option to open it or not. If you choose to open it, there would be a small chance of being discovered, which would get you thrown back in the cage. If successful, however, you get a bunch of items (gold, rare/unique recipes and potions). This would be a one-time event and you would not find a chest on future successful escapes.
That's great to know ! I hope you have fun with the next releases and others teases aswell :smile:
I'll list and answer your suggestions, it's a little easier for me that way:
5)That actually sounds fun, I'll think about something
Thanks again, Slagblah, hope I can count with your feedback on a future update too
Hey, I had an idea about the above, that I wanted to suggest to you.
As Amazons are known for their use of Bows, perhaps you could [have a chance to] find a unique Amazon Bow recipe in the chest.

And to make it more interesting than a simple damage bonus, I was thinking that it could give you a 50% chance of an extra hit per round (both hits on one click of the attack button). I'm sure you can do the math on that, but it averages out to not quite as good as the hammer, but with the potential to do more. At max Attack Perk, it would do between 32 and 64 every two rounds.

Actually, if you really wanted to get fancy with it, you could tie the extra hit chance to the Attack Perk level. Just off the top of my head, say a base of 20% at no skill, then +10% per Perk level for 30%/40%/50% as you improve.