[RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Gallery Corruption

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Gallery Corruption

Post by diogaoo »

Just finished my second tease:

https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=48629

Any feedback and bug reports are deeply appreciated.
I'm already working on my third one, so don't hold back on the criticism
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
Throwawimaway
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Gallery Corruption

Post by Throwawimaway »

Hey there! There's definitely a few bugs. For the life of me, no matter what i choose I only ever get the same ending (the bad one). It also doesn't seem to lodge my preferences at all. Otherwise i love the idea of
Spoiler: show
filling up someone's gallery! It would also be nice to continue by using the downloaded photos for something!
Jaxmon
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by Jaxmon »

Top kek mate,
second tease within a year but already got that patreon link on point.
Jeez...
Image Image Image
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Throwawimaway wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:59 am Hey there! There's definitely a few bugs. For the life of me, no matter what i choose I only ever get the same ending (the bad one). It also doesn't seem to lodge my preferences at all. Otherwise i love the idea of
filling up someone's gallery! It would also be nice to continue by using the downloaded photos for something!
Thx for the reply, there's actually a lot of bad endings and only two good ones, the most common one if I would have to guess it is the
self-facial
if that is the case, there's two critical points to change it: First, the
"correct answers" from que quiz may not lead to the good ending, they do, however, lead to different endings based on your answers,
second,
pay attention to how many pictures you choose to add when given the opportunity, maybe adding more than you should (when you already know the consequences) is not a good idea.
Also, That's a great idea, maybe I'll update it after finishing my current one, thank you
Play Hero Corruption 1
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Jaxmon wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:53 am Top kek mate,
second tease within a year but already got that patreon link on point.
Jeez...
I don't know what "kek" means, however, making good teases require a lot of work and time, I have bills to pay and sitting in front of the computer the whole week doing a tease does not contribute to them at all, I could be investing that time doing other things that would make my life a little bit easier and comfortable. Also, What's wrong with asking for money in exchange of my time? That's how the world works, and finally, you don't even have to pay it, the whole tease is available for everyone.
Sorry I didn't understand your reply, but if you have any feedback or tips about the tease itself I would be happy to read it :-)
Play Hero Corruption 1
Throwawimaway
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Throwawimaway »

diogaoo wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:00 am
Throwawimaway wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:59 am Hey there! There's definitely a few bugs. For the life of me, no matter what i choose I only ever get the same ending (the bad one). It also doesn't seem to lodge my preferences at all. Otherwise i love the idea of
Thx for the reply, there's actually a lot of bad endings and only two good ones, the most common one if I would have to guess it is the
self-facial
if that is the case, there's two critical points to change it: First, the
"correct answers" from que quiz may not lead to the good ending, they do, however, lead to different endings based on your answers,
second,
pay attention to how many pictures you choose to add when given the opportunity, maybe adding more than you should (when you already know the consequences) is not a good idea.
Also, That's a great idea, maybe I'll update it after finishing my current one, thank you
No worries! I look forward to it!

On the first point,
i actually tried choosing all the wrong answers, and even choosing the wrong answers for every picture with a cock in it as well as choosing different preferences (which only actually lead to that content when paired with one specific other choice) and I somehow keep ending up with the same ending!
would love if the content matched up with the interest you choose!

On the second point,
it doesn't let you choose how many pictures you download so the same amount are downloaded each time!
I've tried about six or seven variations on your tease now and it keeps coming to the same ending! It seems as though something is missing?

Looking forward to future work!
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by Augustulus »

So, I tried two different times and got two different endings. It's definitely working, but I guess the chances to get a specific ending are really low :unsure:.

While playing I got the following question:
Do I ever delete images if I save a new one or do I have to do it only when she tells me this explicitly?
This question came to my mind because later on there are sometimes texts telling me that I can't delete downloaded images, but I am not explicitly ordered to delete images.
There were also some things that annoyed me a little bit:
  • The random order of images appearing switches sometimes only between 3-4 images and in case I don't like any of them it gets really boring.
  • Especially in the first selection of the 10 images these are not removed from the image-pool leading to cycles were you have downloaded all images already. I guess this is also true for all other parts except the "rating"-section. I've also had sometimes problems to save them in the short duration. Especially since you have to decide also for images to delete.
Overall I like the idea and concept of the tease and enjoyed playing it :-).
Nicely done :smile:!

Lastly I would like to know how many "downloadable" images there are in the tease? In case sharing this is okay for you.

Augustulus
basedtrap
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by basedtrap »

The problems that I have with the tease pretty much narrow down to two points.
  • Despite giving you a range of choices for your interests, and the relatively short segment gauging your reactions to a list of images, the tease has very little content that utilizes this information. It might impact a single image showing up or 1, maybe 2 lines of text, but otherwise it has no real effect. This is particularly noticeable on the much lower quality "girl" route (if you can even call it that), which doesn't even seem to acknowledge the existence of gay women.
  • The "girl" route (or as it is known internally, the "whore" route) is honestly really uninteresting. The fact that there's an actual playable route for men who jump through the hoops to prove themselves as straight makes it incredibly disappointing to know that there the only paths available to women are the whore route, and being called boring and the tease ending. This is also honestly pretty sexist, but this isn't something I particularly care about, and I know the tease has themes of humiliation so it's whatever. I just don't think it's done tastefully.

The girl route is in general, lower quality than the routes for men. It doesn't really play with the themes of the tease at all, instead resorting to blackmailing and exhibitionist content which, while hot, don't really have much to do with gallery play. As mentioned before, there's no acknowledgment of women who say they're interested in other women, and there was even less exploration of your chosen interests compared to the male routes.

Probably the worst part about the female route is that it resorts to what I'd consider a pretty lazy conclusion, that is, asking the woman for nudes. I won't say anything about blackmailing or exhibitionist fetishes because they're whatever, but the author personally entering the tease to ask them to send them nudes is kind of weird to me. It breaks the fourth wall at the very least.
I think that this tease is interesting conceptually, but the illusion of choice and the general lack of content tailored to your interests makes it a little bit shallow in my opinion. Taken as a linear, 2 or 3 route path aimed primarily at bisexual men interested in sissy stuff, I say the tease is pretty alright.

There's also the obvious concern about shilling your patreon. You mentioned earlier that,
...however, making good teases require a lot of work and time, I have bills to pay and sitting in front of the computer the whole week doing a tease does not contribute to them at all, I could be investing that time doing other things that would make my life a little bit easier and comfortable. Also, What's wrong with asking for money in exchange of my time?
But my response to that is, okay, but how much of that money is going back to the original content creators? Or the models? Even if you purchased the images in the tease, which I doubt, I don't believe that they are licensed with the permission to repackage and resell. I imagine that most people who create webteases do it as a hobby, because doing it as a job isn't really legal or feasible.

Idk, that's more of an ethical concern than one that really impacts the tease, which is why I'm not factoring it into my formal feedback. I know this has been a discussion on this site before, and I've just not really engaged with it.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Throwawimaway wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:16 am No worries! I look forward to it!

On the first point,
i actually tried choosing all the wrong answers, and even choosing the wrong answers for every picture with a cock in it as well as choosing different preferences (which only actually lead to that content when paired with one specific other choice) and I somehow keep ending up with the same ending!
would love if the content matched up with the interest you choose!

On the second point,
it doesn't let you choose how many pictures you download so the same amount are downloaded each time!
I've tried about six or seven variations on your tease now and it keeps coming to the same ending! It seems as though something is missing?

Looking forward to future work!
You were right, in question two the values were really wrong

I reviewed all the scores for this part and updated the tease. If you want to get the full score to achieve the True Man ending these are the correct anwers:
Blue> Any but [3]> [1]> Any but [7]> Any> [1]> Any but [A heart]> Brown> Second.
This should get you going to the True Man ending, the next section is a test too, if you want the walkthough, here it is:
Your number of "photos added" on the third step should be less than the first and second step (Ex: if you added 3 photos from the first step, and 4 on the second step, you'll have to add only 1 or 2 photos on the third step)
The second step being when Ariella says: "Now where's getting somewhere" and the third when Ariella says: "Now let's make you a truly man".
This will get you the Truly Man ending
Last edited by diogaoo on Sun May 02, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play Hero Corruption 1
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Augustulus wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:19 pm So, I tried two different times and got two different endings. It's definitely working, but I guess the chances to get a specific ending are really low :unsure:.

While playing I got the following question:
Do I ever delete images if I save a new one or do I have to do it only when she tells me this explicitly?
This question came to my mind because later on there are sometimes texts telling me that I can't delete downloaded images, but I am not explicitly ordered to delete images.
You should not delete any image that was added by the tease, unless Ariella tells you to
(only happens on a specific part of the female side, I didn’t implement it for men, even though I had plans for that)
There were also some things that annoyed me a little bit:
  • The random order of images appearing switches sometimes only between 3-4 images and in case I don't like any of them it gets really boring.
  • Especially in the first selection of the 10 images these are not removed from the image-pool leading to cycles were you have downloaded all images already. I guess this is also true for all other parts except the "rating"-section. I've also had sometimes problems to save them in the short duration. Especially since you have to decide also for images to delete.
Yeah, I know what you mean, the randomness bothered me a lot during my personal tests too, sadly I'm yet to found a reliable way to use it... I'll keep trying to get better and already got great ideas for a Gallery Corruption 2.0
Overall I like the idea and concept of the tease and enjoyed playing it :-).
Nicely done :smile:!
Thank you for your compliments :-D :-D
Lastly I would like to know how many "downloadable" images there are in the tease? In case sharing this is okay for you.
There are over 200 images to-be-download through the entire tease, and as much as I would like, I cannot share the Drive that contais all of them, access to the drive is a Patron's reward and people could get really mad with me :-/
Play Hero Corruption 1
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

basedtrap wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:52 am The problems that I have with the tease pretty much narrow down to two points.
  • Despite giving you a range of choices for your interests, and the relatively short segment gauging your reactions to a list of images, the tease has very little content that utilizes this information. It might impact a single image showing up or 1, maybe 2 lines of text, but otherwise it has no real effect. This is particularly noticeable on the much lower quality "girl" route (if you can even call it that), which doesn't even seem to acknowledge the existence of gay women.
  • The "girl" route (or as it is known internally, the "whore" route) is honestly really uninteresting. The fact that there's an actual playable route for men who jump through the hoops to prove themselves as straight makes it incredibly disappointing to know that there the only paths available to women are the whore route, and being called boring and the tease ending. This is also honestly pretty sexist, but this isn't something I particularly care about, and I know the tease has themes of humiliation so it's whatever. I just don't think it's done tastefully.

The girl route is in general, lower quality than the routes for men. It doesn't really play with the themes of the tease at all, instead resorting to blackmailing and exhibitionist content which, while hot, don't really have much to do with gallery play. As mentioned before, there's no acknowledgment of women who say they're interested in other women, and there was even less exploration of your chosen interests compared to the male routes.

Probably the worst part about the female route is that it resorts to what I'd consider a pretty lazy conclusion, that is, asking the woman for nudes. I won't say anything about blackmailing or exhibitionist fetishes because they're whatever, but the author personally entering the tease to ask them to send them nudes is kind of weird to me. It breaks the fourth wall at the very least.
I think that this tease is interesting conceptually, but the illusion of choice and the general lack of content tailored to your interests makes it a little bit shallow in my opinion. Taken as a linear, 2 or 3 route path aimed primarily at bisexual men interested in sissy stuff, I say the tease is pretty alright.
You're right, the women section of the tease is pretty lacking compared to the men's section and it does focus mainly on cisgender women, I did not put that much effort on it. That being said, if I tried to integrate all possible genders and sexual orientations, the tease might never be published, as much as I want that everyone feel satisfied and happy, I don't have all the resources and time necessary to meet all the demands, since human sexuality is very diverse and complex. My goal with the women's section was exactly what is in the tease, a simple section. Sadly they were not my primarily audience this time
There's also the obvious concern about shilling your patreon. You mentioned earlier that,
...however, making good teases require a lot of work and time, I have bills to pay and sitting in front of the computer the whole week doing a tease does not contribute to them at all, I could be investing that time doing other things that would make my life a little bit easier and comfortable. Also, What's wrong with asking for money in exchange of my time?
But my response to that is, okay, but how much of that money is going back to the original content creators? Or the models? Even if you purchased the images in the tease, which I doubt, I don't believe that they are licensed with the permission to repackage and resell. I imagine that most people who create webteases do it as a hobby, because doing it as a job isn't really legal or feasible.

Idk, that's more of an ethical concern than one that really impacts the tease, which is why I'm not factoring it into my formal feedback. I know this has been a discussion on this site before, and I've just not really engaged with it.
Yeah, I did grab all photos from the Internet without an official permission from the models, you're right here too.
However, all photos kept their "water mark", advertising and consequently increasing the influx of people to their respective sites (that I hope have paid their models right), as far as my knowledge goes, giving credit to the original authors of the media is a way of passing on the attention generated by my work, which may or may not be enough, I hope it is.

Also, I would like to add that English is not my native language, If I haven't used an appropriate term when talking about sexual orientation and gender, please let me know, I'll gladly edit it.
Play Hero Corruption 1
Jaxmon
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Jaxmon »

... the media is a way of passing on the attention generated by my work, which may or may not be enough, I hope it is.
This is always the excuse that people give to themselves to justify using images without asking or paying.
But every photographer who does that for a living will tell you: It is not enough. It just isn't.

Also, regarding my issue that I have with you asking for money before even giving content:
How patreon was intended to work is, people create art or content and then tell people "Hey, this is what I do, and I would continue with that or even make a living with it and do that all day, please support me."

What you do is "Hey, here is my patreon and two teases that took me over a year to make, please give me money, I swear I will create more content more often, just take my word for it!" and I simply just don't buy into it.
Image Image Image
candii
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
Dom/me(s): nicole

Post by candii »

hey there! im really confused as well for the endings... played many times only found 2..
any help in ppms or spoilers?