RLGL-Player (version 0.12.4)

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

RLGL-Player (version 0.12.4)

Post by Augustulus »

Hey everyone :wave:

some time ago I was asked to create a video player that "converts" videos in a way that you can play red light green light with it and after tweaking the first version of it a little bit, I decided that I want to share it here with everyone who is interested.

You can either download it here (version 0.12.4): https://mega.nz/folder/zT4DXYzJ#5eHnkySyv9R7RHA4kw8eFg
(It is recommended to download the whole folder as a zip-file. If you just update from an older version see section Update from older version)
Or if you want to build it on your own, you can download the sources here: https://github.com/RomulusAugustulus/RLGL-Player

System requirements
  • Windows
  • .NET 4.7.2
Installation
In case you downloaded it from mega, just save it on your disc and start RLGL-Player.exe.
That's it!
If you want to build it on your own, I recommend using Visual Studio 2019 for this. Also you have to move the metronome-soundfile into the same folder with RLGL-Player.exe.

Update from older version
To update from an older version, it is sufficient to just download the executable RLGL-Player.exe and replace it in your current installation. You should also check if there is a newer manual available.
Important to update to version 0.12.0 or above from earlier versions:
Due to switching to a new vlc-plug-in you'll need to download all libraries (*.dll) additionally. You can remove the old ones in your installation!
By updating from version 0.8.0 or below to any newer version it is possible to have wrong sized borders. If this is the case, simply change the borders in the preferences and it should be fixed!
If you update from version 0.9.0 or below to version 0.10.0 I recommend making a backup first. There are a lot of changes recently that might (it's unlikely) corrupt older saved files!
Due to a bug if you've updated to version 0.10.0 or 0.10.1 the default endings were not enabled. You should check this in the preferences before starting a session otherwise undefined behavior might appear.

What is this in detail
This software is a video player based on the vlc media player libraries with an overlay designed for red light green light. While you watch your video there are good visible indicators that tell you if you are allowed to stroke or not. There is also a lot of customization available. For example: You can tweak the duration of the phases to your liking. There is also an option to stroke to a metronome in case you want timed strokes and for all sissies and betas there is also an option to censor parts of the video while playing.

There is a more detailed manual included in the release.

At this moment this software is still in development, so you might experience bugs. If you do, feel free to get in contact with me. Also if you like to see an additional feature in it, I'm happy to discuss this.
For the future I plan to add also support for remote toys.

I'm sorry for all of you, who do not use Windows, but I don't have the capabilities to maintain different operating systems! The sources are available and you can port it on your own if you want.

Edit:
  • Fixed a bug in the censor editor that restarted the video every time it was paused.
  • Selecting more than one video in the beginning is now possible.
  • Fixed a bug that showed cum commands in a session.
  • Added an option to resize the borders around videos.
  • Reworked load dialog a bit.
  • Added an option to shuffle queued videos.
  • Redesigned the preferences dialog.
  • Added edge phases as an option to spice up the game.
  • Changed borders from relative sizes to absolute ones. Allows more precise thickness of borders.
  • Reduced end of video phase offset from 20 to 2 seconds.
  • Fixed last phase on "let the program decide" not having correct duration.
  • Redesign of preferences dialog part 2.
  • Added option to loop a playlist.
  • Added option to save, load and edit playlists.
  • Added option to cancel the current session over menu or Ctrl + Q.
  • Added experimental fullscreen. Toggle by hitting "F".
  • Added support for webm-files.
  • Changed volumebar in main window to a new one.
  • Changed default color for edge light.
  • Changed appearance of sliders slightly
  • Reworked the ending of a session completely. It is now possible to create custom endings, that consist of multiple phases. Including countdowns and ruined orgasm.
  • Deleted the old ending options that were still visible in the preferences dialog.
  • Fixed various small bugs.
  • Fixed ending not being aborted correctly.
  • Added color management.
  • Changed playlist management. Disabled saving preferences inside playlists.
  • Extended metronome settings.
  • Unified terms "light" and "phase" to phase.
  • Changed to a new VLC plug-in. Please change all libraries!
  • Fixed ending not working properly in case the last video was shorter than the ending.
  • Added support to show image slideshows.
  • Added ability to rename ending phases and added option to disable ending metronome on certain ending phases.
  • Fixed censorbars not showing correctly while changing to new media.
  • Added progressbar to show progress of creating/saving/loading a session.
  • Fixed censorbars popping up randomly.
  • Fixed endings could be set to more than 100%.
  • (Hopefully) Fixed player is sent to background.
  • Added more session control.
  • Various small fixes.
  • Toggle muting while clicking on speaker-symbol added.
  • Fixed unwanted deletion in load dialog.
  • Smoothed out switch between normal mode and ending.

Have fun :-D,
Augustulus
Last edited by Augustulus on Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:31 pm, edited 17 times in total.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Re: RLGL-Player

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Just stumbled across this and gotta say, thanks for sharing it! It's a great idea
I tried it out and it's simple, easy to use and quite effective.

The only enhancement I would ask for is the ability to load up multiple videos. I'll often que up 4 or 5 PMV in VLC player and stroke to that. Being able to use this to make it an RLGL session would be awesome, but having to load a new video every few minutes definitely takes away from that.

Great stuff!

PG
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Thanks! :-D
PlayfulGuy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:23 am The only enhancement I would ask for is the ability to load up multiple videos. I'll often que up 4 or 5 PMV in VLC player and stroke to that. Being able to use this to make it an RLGL session would be awesome, but having to load a new video every few minutes definitely takes away from that.
I'll look into it as soon as possible and see if I can change it to allow loading multiple videos at the same time.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Hey,
PlayfulGuy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:23 am The only enhancement I would ask for is the ability to load up multiple videos. I'll often que up 4 or 5 PMV in VLC player and stroke to that. Being able to use this to make it an RLGL session would be awesome, but having to load a new video every few minutes definitely takes away from that.
well, it was easier than I thought and I have already published it. To update you'll just need to download the executable and replace it in your installation.
If you find any bugs, please let me know :-)

Have fun,
Augustulus
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Augustulus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:39 pm Hey,
well, it was easier than I thought and I have already published it. To update you'll just need to download the executable and replace it in your installation.
If you find any bugs, please let me know :-)

Have fun,
Augustulus
Fantastic! I'll get that downloaded and try it out.

By the way, is it just me or is there an easier way to download this? On Mega I logged in and imported it and started downloading the top folder and it was going to download over 1000 files one at a time, prompting me to save each one. I terminated that and then did the download as a zip option.

PG
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:56 pm By the way, is it just me or is there an easier way to download this? On Mega I logged in and imported it and started downloading the top folder and it was going to download over 1000 files one at a time, prompting me to save each one. I terminated that and then did the download as a zip option.
Yeah, for the first download I recommend downloading the whole folder as a zip-file, but for simply updating an existing installation you can just navigate through the folder-structure inside mega and download the executable and if you wish the manual. Cause these are typically the only files that will change. Guess I'll add this also in the first post.

I've also noticed that mega is downloading the files really slow in the last weeks. Maybe they changed something. When I first uploaded it last year it was definitely faster.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Well that was awesome!

Got a chance to try it out and holy crap, that was fun! It really works great! I'm a big fan of red light green light, it just plain works for me, and this program lets me turn any video or set of videos into an RLGL session! Freaking awesome!

I really like having the configurable metronome too. I set it at about 60% possibility so sometimes you get a metronome and sometimes you stroke freestyle, and it worked great. Love that!

A number of suggestions:
  1. make the dialog to add videos wider or resizable so we can see the whole filename
  2. a shuffle or random option would be awesome
  3. I'd rather have the red light/green light as a bar across the bottom of the window instead of all the way around, with the video window full width above. Or at least the ability to set the size of the border - it's too big for my taste, and I'd rather have the video have more room.
  4. add ability to control the metronome volume independent of video
  5. add ability to have optional Edge periods (maybe blue?) with settings to adjust the frequency like a minimum and maximum time between edges
  6. I played it with 5 or 6 videos, with "ending" set to "let program decide" and I was told to cum three times. When I changed it to "always on red" every video in the set ended with a "hands off" period. I think the "ending" options should only apply to the final video in the queue.
That seems like a long list, but honestly these are all suggestions to make a great program even better. If none of it happened I would still use it and love it, so kudos to you on a job well done!

Thanks again,

PG
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:44 am Well that was awesome!
Great! That's really nice to hear! :thumbsup:
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:44 am A number of suggestions:
  1. make the dialog to add videos wider or resizable so we can see the whole filename
  3. I'd rather have the red light/green light as a bar across the bottom of the window instead of all the way around, with the video window full width above. Or at least the ability to set the size of the border - it's too big for my taste, and I'd rather have the video have more room.
  5. add ability to have optional Edge periods (maybe blue?) with settings to adjust the frequency like a minimum and maximum time between edges
  6. I played it with 5 or 6 videos, with "ending" set to "let program decide" and I was told to cum three times. When I changed it to "always on red" every video in the set ended with a "hands off" period. I think the "ending" options should only apply to the final video in the queue.
  1. yeah, thought about this also. Don't like the whole path in it. I think I will shorten it to just the filename.
  2. should be possible
  3. guess that's pure preference. I'll look into it. I guess it should be possible to control the size of the borders with the preferences dialog.
  4. right now it is not possible to change the volume with the technique I use. If I look into it, I would add it at the end of development.
  5. should be possible. It would be nice if you could be a little bit more elaborate on this topic. You can also write me a pm if you don't want to discuss this on the forum.
  6. the program handles each video like a complete new session internally. It only tests if there are videos in the queue left and if so it overrides the cum-round at the end with a simple "hands off". So yeah, each video should end with hands off regardless which option you set in the preferences and only the last video will be effected by that. I hoped that it would not be that obviously. Do you think that there should also green lights? That could lead to periods of stroking that have twice the maximum duration than set in the preferences. I'm unsure if this is better than having longer periods of no touching.
    If you have a cum command between 2 videos then this is definitely a bug. I'll look into it.
As I said: I was asked to create a program like that. For me it's fun to develop it. More than playing with it and it's even more fun to hear people use it, so every suggestion is appreciated :-)

Augustulus
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Suggestions 1, 2 and 3 done. Found also the bug mentioned in 6 and fixed it.
You can download the newest version from the link :-)
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Augustulus wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:34 pm
Suggestions 1, 2 and 3 done. Found also the bug mentioned in 6 and fixed it.
You can download the newest version from the link :-)
Awesome! I'm looking forward to "testing" it for you again :-D

As for the edging option, given how your program works it might be difficult to do when using a selection of short videos, but for longer videos my vision would be something like no edging for at least 5 minutes (configurable), then random edges every min to max seconds (configurable).
The length of the Edge period could be fixed (say 10 or 15 seconds), or also a configurable min and max length.
Edge periods would always follow green periods, but could be followed by red or green (although others might want always red?).

I think it's safe (at least for now) to treat edging as something that's meant for longer videos. With a minimum time before edges, and the way your program handles each video individually, if the minimum time before edging is set at 5 minutes, and the video is only 4 minutes then you just won't get any edge segments in that video or set of videos. I think that's okay, and if you ever decide to alter how the program handles sets of videos then you can revisit it.

Thanks again!

PG
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:41 pm As for the edging option, given how your program works it might be difficult to do when using a selection of short videos, but for longer videos my vision would be something like no edging for at least 5 minutes (configurable), then random edges every min to max seconds (configurable).
The length of the Edge period could be fixed (say 10 or 15 seconds), or also a configurable min and max length.
Edge periods would always follow green periods, but could be followed by red or green (although others might want always red?).

I think it's safe (at least for now) to treat edging as something that's meant for longer videos. With a minimum time before edges, and the way your program handles each video individually, if the minimum time before edging is set at 5 minutes, and the video is only 4 minutes then you just won't get any edge segments in that video or set of videos. I think that's okay, and if you ever decide to alter how the program handles sets of videos then you can revisit it.

Thanks again!

PG
You can test now the edging also and please test with different videos of various length in the same session ;-).
All information should be in the manual, but I guess you might be able to configure it even without reading it.
As always, please tell me if you find any bugs or if you have more suggestions :-).

Augustulus
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Augustulus wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:30 pm
PlayfulGuy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:41 pm As for the edging option, given how your program works it might be difficult to do when using a selection of short videos, but for longer videos my vision would be something like no edging for at least 5 minutes (configurable), then random edges every min to max seconds (configurable).

Thanks again!

PG
You can test now the edging also and please test with different videos of various length in the same session ;-).
All information should be in the manual, but I guess you might be able to configure it even without reading it.
As always, please tell me if you find any bugs or if you have more suggestions :-).

Augustulus
Excellent! I'll get back to you soon....

PG
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.8.0)

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Hi Augustulus,

I got a chance to try a couple more rounds with the new version and it just keeps getting better and better!

I really like how you've split the options up into a couple tabs. I would even suggest moving the censoring options and maybe even the metronome options to their own tabs. As it is now the list is too tall to fit vertically on the options tab and I feel that options panels like that should never have to scroll. Personally I would order the tabs General/RLGL/Metronome/Censoring.

I played it two different times, once with 3 longer videos (about 10 minutes each), then again with a bunch of shorter ones mixed with two longer ones. The first time I played with "always end red", the second time with "let program decide" and it chose red. I noticed both times that the red "hands off you're denied" period at the end seemed quite long. It's like the length is set for a green (cum) ending, but It feels too long for a red ending.

Actually the same was true for the red ending of each video in the set. It always turned red what felt like (but maybe just felt like) a long time before the video ended.

I also noticed both times when I initially started the session that it started with a red period which seemed odd. If we're just starting I would think it would start green. There was also one instance where I got the red ending period for one video, then the next video started with a red segment too, so that hands off period was really long.

In the second play through I used 6 videos all under 5 minutes, with another that was about 6.5 minutes and one that was about 10 minutes. I had it set to 5 minutes for the initial no edge period, and I was expecting that I wouldn't get any edging during the shorter videos but I did, which was great. The edging settings seemed to work through the whole session and occurred randomly after the initial no edge period. Seems to work perfectly!

I had selected the shuffle option, but if it shuffled it didn't change much because I swear they just played in the order I loaded them. Maybe just coincidence, but the first two that played were definitely the first two loaded, and the last two were the two longer ones and also in the order I loaded them, so that's four out of eight that didn't change position. The first time (with 3 videos) it definitely changed the order from what I loaded them.

Last but not least, and you probably saw this coming, but with the ability to load multiple videos it's inevitable I'll find a set that really works and want to save that "playlist". It would be cool if you could save and restore a playlist, including the current settings for the RLGL, metronome and censoring. The general settings wouldn't need to be saved with each set though.

I have not tried the censoring options yet but I'll try and make time to do so for the sake of completeness.

Really great program, and I look forward to the next version! I'll definitely be using this one regularly.

PG
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Triple Alfa »

I'm trying to download this, but MEGA is having a stroke trying to send me the zip file. It downloads at a snail's pace and then fails completely. Could you perhaps upload it elsewhere?
Bhurk
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bhurk »

Triple Alfa wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:00 pm I'm trying to download this, but MEGA is having a stroke trying to send me the zip file. It downloads at a snail's pace and then fails completely. Could you perhaps upload it elsewhere?
Just use the Mega downloader app or download it as standard.