Eos update caused glitch with page if clauses

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Eos update caused glitch with page if clauses

Post by nocnoc »

First, I'd like to say the new code editing functionality for Eos with the recent update is great.

I posted this in general forum, but it looks like this is a better place to post Eos bug reports.

Since the last Eos update, when an if block is selected on the page and you immediately select another if block, the conditional clause of one will overwrite the other. If some other element is selected in between (such as a say block), the issue does not occur. Only when selecting one if and then directly selecting some other if.

I also just happened to read the post here on the odd regular expression bug. Last week, when I was working on my console-like cheat engine for my alpha testers, I came across that very odd behavior of some page elements losing references to all variables once a regular expression was evaluated. After tinkering, I determined it had something to do with asynchronous execution and was able to get around it by adding a .1 second timer delay. But this issue is fixed now?
itslate
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Eos update caused glitch with page if clauses

Post by itslate »

I second this. You can't write cascading if clauses any more after this update.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

This is a rather tricky bug - I came up with a quick and dirty fix (think: held together by duct tape and chewing gum) so please try again.

I probably won't have time to attempt a proper fix until the weekend but this should hopefully work well enough until then.

Reload your browser to make sure you have the latest version of the editor please.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by nocnoc »

Thanks for the quick bubblegum fix. I did a few minutes of testing and I can no longer reproduce the bug.

The code completion and other added functions will speed up my production on Legend of the Psyons a bit. I'm about to break through 7,000 lines of code and the text based super save is working great.
itslate
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by itslate »

Yep, the if-clause problem is gone. Thank you! :love:

I have some trouble loading images since today, though. :look: The normal image action seems to be buggy when you change the image since today.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

posted in wrong place. please delete.
Last edited by fapnip on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
itslate
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by itslate »

Aside from the image problem mentioned above - can't fix it by switching browsers or restarting - I now have another issue:

When I do a "Choice" action and change the condition of an option, EOS overwrites my change with the condition of the next option I click.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Just implemented the proper fix, which should fix the other versions of this issue as well such as conditional options, etc.

Please retest and let me know if it's indeed fixed!