Tease AI General Discussion

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Stefaf
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: Tease AI Open Beta - Updated to Patch 54.4

Post by Stefaf »

BlaqPeppa wrote:Did this become a community project in the end? I see 3 GitHub projects, one by 1885, but one by 'Milo1885' seems to be the most recent.
Sort of... I guess. The Milo1885 is the Repo which is published here in the forum. There is also a repo, with the goal to write it from the scratch.
These are the most recent Repos.
BlaqPeppa wrote:I really want to write a big, immersive personality but there are aspects of the scripting system I don't feel will allow the flexibility I'll want, and any documentation available seems like it's probably outdated by now so I'd really like to look through the code to understand it better, and if I can actually understand it in whatever language it's written in and with the author/community's blessing possibly contribute to the scripting engine, and fix some of the many bugs :-P
Great to hear! Be my guest!
Hearing you talking about "the flexibility i'll want" and "contribute to the scripting engine" kinda scares the crap outta me... After working for more than 4 month with the code, i still didn't figure out how the script flow in the program is working. But i've to admit, this was none of my priorities. Everything i did was cutting down loose ends and removing redundant code and bugfixing things i've seen this far. Right now my priority is writing a script error detection system, which covers some kind of a documentation too. But this is only available in a local branch at my place. It's a lot bigger as i thought at first. I'll quit this part now for some time and focus on other things - bugfixing (Or bugmaking - we'll see ;-))
BlaqPeppa wrote:EDIT: Ah yes, Visual Basic, it's coming back to me now... ugh, lol. It's beasty too.

EDIT 2: I might as well just start listing the bugs I know or at least suspect are present in case any have gone unnoticed:
  • XML parse errors while creating URL files - exception windows pop up and the process is aborted - I assume it's a connection thing on certain page loads, it'd be great if it reattempted and skipped pages if it needed to
  • '* BnB Boobs path must be set to a valid directory or URL File *' etc. when they have been specified in 'Images > Genre Images' and no other path settings exist
  • Random exceptions (often 'range errors') pop up quite a lot all over the place - unspecific I know but worth mentioning, it's happened randomly during teases at times but only once aborted the tease (when a contact joined the chat, which was irritating because that was a new one on me lol)
We kinda lack real system to track issues. so if you have any suggestions just go ahead.

That XML-Error: Does it occur only once or is it recurring?
This check what Scripts are available is easy to fix, if we simply forget about the informations, what exactly is missing. I think i will simply fix it - because i'm bored by regex in my current branch right now.
Range errors.... When where why?

If you want to contribute, just go ahead. I think you can't create more fatal bugs than me. I don't know for how long 1885 will be not available. The only thing i know: He'll be back when he's ready. Pepsifreak is collabarator in the Milo1885 repo so he could merge stuff written in your fork. This way i can get your changes into my repo too. But changing the general flexibility of the program will be tricky... Instead of driving explicit raised events, TAI is running dozens of timers and one affects sometimes one or more of the other ones. Reworking this will most likely break the program. But that's no problem, as long as it gets fixed afterwards. What exactly are you planning to do?
Drblaze2 wrote:Anyone have word on how the "Total Brat" Personality is coming along?
Nope. 1885 stalled this after my appearance and worked mostly on TAI itself. I don't expect it in the next 2 Months ( but it would be cool if i'm wrong :-))
killer1243 wrote:Can somebody explain the Games - what they are, what images and file paths do I need to set up for them and so on?

And another question, when Installing another personality, do I need to remove or keep Wicked Tease or does it not matter?
If somebody has used House of Tease can they explain what I need to do with the images. Does the program just find them in av_images or what? I'm asking because there are some cards and games folders in it, but when a "Risky Pick" started playing it said missing images.
They are here to annoy people with bugs - i guess. They are games. nothing more - nothing less. Risky pick has a script integration the others don't. To set them up go to your settings -> Apps -> Games tab and set the card images.
killer1243 wrote:
pepsifreak wrote:
killer1243 wrote:For the second time now some glitch happened and I was made to hold the edge for 1 hour, even though the extreme edge length (or whatever it is called) is set to 10 minutes. That was the final edge before telling you if you get to cum or not. It is not like the program paused because during the entire time she was saying taunts (e.g. Keep edging, Don't stop).
Double check your edge time settings and make sure it doesn't say 60 minutes instead of 60 seconds. This was a bug when 48 was first posted which I thought was fixed but maybe it isn't, since someone else brought this up in the House of Tease thread.
Edit: Yep that bug still exists at the moment, gonna fix.

Edit 2: This has now been fixed for the next update, but only for new users since 60 minutes is already saved in your settings now.

Everybody who got into Tease AI in the past few months but never changed the max hold setting, you can find it in the "Sub" tab.
Thanks a lot! Another such bug is the default value of the "Long Edge Threshold" is 120 minutes (or at least was in v.48).
Unfortunately that's no bug... I don't have a clue how somebody can survive something like that without going nuts, but 1885 has it really meant that way. The idea behind is to be really frustrating - so mission accomplished.
Kristycookie wrote:Is there a way to make Tease AI instruct me to edge more often? Currently it's only instructing like 1-3 edges per tease after a few tries...
Technically yes. But you have to be in a module which instructs you to do so. But in Wicked Tease the only one would be Risky Pick i think. You could modify the BBnB-Module to do more as 3.
Mat wrote:
forbiddendesire wrote:Does anybody know if Tease AI works good with Windows 10? I wanted to upgrade, but I read that Windows Media Player is no longer supported in Windows 10, so I thought that would affect the video player in Tease AI.
I don't have Win10 but if it doesn't have WMP the videos probably won't work. Or it just won't run due to things being missing. It might be going a bit far but you could run a Win7 VM just for Tease AI..
For 1885 & Stefaf,

How hard would it be to swap Tease AI to Mono libraries and VLC?

With OS's updating and several people wanting TAI for Linux it makes sense to look into it a bit. It's quite bad (and a testament to how good your program is) when people hold back from upgrading due lack of support.

Personally I've been thinking of swapping to Linux for a while due to better security, more privacy, no more needing to reinstall the OS and 1-2 commands to update every program on the PC. Not to mention that it's free. The only reasons I haven't is the time it would take to move my stuff over, and this program. Everything else windows-y that I'd want can be run through Wine.

I really like this program but I can't help but think that it will get left behind if not updated to work on the newer OS's.
I was originally against using Mono for Notay's re-write but it does make sense at this point. As far as I can tell, you'd still be able to code in VB but compile it with Mono, which should run on any system. So long as the user has Mono and VLC installed it should work anywhere. The only problem is what bits of code you'd need to change, although it shouldn't be many, and the different file path structure. There's also the Mono Migration Analyser to help see how easy/hard it would be to port.

Link on porting winforms applications:
http://www.mono-project.com/docs/gui/wi ... lications/

Mono Migration Analyser:
http://www.mono-project.com/docs/tools+ ... ools/moma/

I hope you don't mind me posting all that, and I hope it wasn't too rambling.. I'm quite tired at the moment :yawn:
VLC i think, wouldn't be much of a problem, it think. What's wrong about WMP?
Mono will be a huge one... The Analyizer says there are ~5000 missing things to complete the mono integration. If i see it right, mono needs something similar to regular Win-Platform COM-Interop. It's possible in Visual Basic - But even in small Single Thread Projects it's a pain in the .... And TAI is MTA and not the smallest project. Declaring and implementing all Assembly entry points is not really a satisfying work to do. C# is able to create all that stuff on building a solution - VB cannot. It would be really cool if we could do this, but i'll not volunteer for this. :-)
Actually i don't think it would be the right moment to start something like that, because the internal data flow is under reconstruction. But if somebody wants to do it: Do it. :-)
But i like the idea - And thanks for the tip! I didn't know something like that is even possible.
Qybixxx
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My wife Dede is my sub - personal sex slave and willing rope victim.

Post by Qybixxx »

This is a stupid idea... Not sure why I'm even posting it, but;

Have you thought of moving to Unity?...

There! I said it... The only reason I ask is; it's supposed to have windows, mac, ios, and android support with full 3d environment support including 3d video/sound playback support (although the file types are limited?..)... I'm learning it because I've been thinking of making my own pokemon go geo-location game. Wouldn't it be hilarious if you had to find an unlock location before you are allowed to unlock your chastity device and then you have to find and collect enough strokes and edges to gain an upgrade chance at an orgasm before your timer runs out and Mistress/Master requires you re-lock your cage?

If there's a big reason why you're not moving to Unity, maybe that will prove non-functional for me too - which is also why I'm asking. But I think untethering this tease AI from windows .net will allow a lot more people to connect to it and use it.

Qybixxx
I can't seem to get my shared trophies to show properly... Sorry!
But! Thank you Goddess Lisa for putting them together!
Stefaf
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Stefaf »

Stupid is not really the right word. I would rather say: curious without background. But that's off topic.

We haven't thought about moving to Unity. But i've taken a look at it yesterday. As far i've read, Unity supports Script languages for game logic through MONO. But there is VB not included. So it would be a total rewrite. THE CE-Project could do this, because C# is supported. (Yeah VB really sucks, when it comes to anything else then VB.)

Your idea about that "chasity"-to-Go sounds funny, but i'm not sure how you plan to implement this in a global project. For people in europe wouldn't it be funny, if they have to unlock their device in the US or vice versa.

I really would like to see Tease-AI on different platforms. But there i see two major issues:
- It's VB and procedural written with a lot of Crossreferences between the classes and structures.
- Bugfixing on different platforms requires developers, which have access to them. (I have only access to Windows and some Linux). I'm not sure if Pepsifreak or 1885 have access to them.
Oshavah
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by Oshavah »

Guys, could you help me please? I downloaded it a day ago and I don't understand how it works. I download spicy tease, place it in script folder, run the programm write hello and it gives me an error window. Maybe I do something wrong or I just didn't download some necessary updates? Could you give all links to download and tell me every step to run this programm? I will be very grateful if you help me
Stefaf
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Stefaf »

Oshavah wrote:Guys, could you help me please? I downloaded it a day ago and I don't understand how it works. I download spicy tease, place it in script folder, run the programm write hello and it gives me an error window. Maybe I do something wrong or I just didn't download some necessary updates? Could you give all links to download and tell me every step to run this programm? I will be very grateful if you help me
...an Error?

Did you do your setup? Set the domme Image folder, glitter Pics and stuff like that?
chrystaleaves
Explorer
Explorer

Post by chrystaleaves »

When I downloaded this it didn't come up as a folder. It just came out as a link to download it again. What is going on, can you help me?
forbiddendesire
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by forbiddendesire »

chrystaleaves wrote:When I downloaded this it didn't come up as a folder. It just came out as a link to download it again. What is going on, can you help me?
If you don't have an account with Mega, after it downloads through your browser, it gives you a popup saying to download it again. Is this what you mean? If so, just click save file. It's already been downloaded and just needs to save, that'll only take a few seconds
Oshavah wrote:Guys, could you help me please? I downloaded it a day ago and I don't understand how it works. I download spicy tease, place it in script folder, run the programm write hello and it gives me an error window. Maybe I do something wrong or I just didn't download some necessary updates? Could you give all links to download and tell me every step to run this programm? I will be very grateful if you help me
Download Tease AI. Download Spicy Tease and put the whole folder in the folder of scripts. It should look like this: Scripts > SpicyTease210 > (all files contained in SpicyTease). The, run the program. On the taskbar on top, there will be options. Click on the first option, File. In the dropdown menu below "Choose Personality", make sure SpicyTease210 is chosen. Make sure you have your domme pics saved in a folder (any folder). You can load these in the program by clicking "Browse" below the main media window and selecting the folder. Make sure to go into Settings from the taskbar on top and go to the Scripts tab. Make sure the scripts are selected and checked in all four tabs, Start, Module, Link and End. I've noticed sometimes when loading a new personality it doesn't automatically select them. I think this might be your issue.
Spoiler: show
Goddess Lisa Points: 125

Qybixxx
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My wife Dede is my sub - personal sex slave and willing rope victim.

Post by Qybixxx »

Yeah... The only two things that I have to critic about (and only these two) is that the project should have all the required folders in place with a text file at the top folder explaining where to put stuff. I think the project would work so much better if there were folders already in place for every type of image/video with at least one image or video in them. For legal reasons they should all be a banner pic like "ANAL GOES HERE" instead of any copyrighted images, but it would really help us first timers figure out the thought process. Also it would be better if more of the generic settings were already in place (like those picture folders and all the tumblr urls!) so that the program could be used immediately instead of needing to chase down what setting is killing this...

Put all your picture folders inside the project folder in the images folder (solves a lot of issues right there), and make sure the cards folder has your card pictures in it already BEFORE you pic the images for the game cards.

Also get used to where the TeaseAI folder in your hidden LocalData folder is.. Look for the settings file there because some of the settings aren't saving right at the moment.

Qybixxx
I can't seem to get my shared trophies to show properly... Sorry!
But! Thank you Goddess Lisa for putting them together!
chrystaleaves
Explorer
Explorer

Post by chrystaleaves »

forbiddendesire wrote:
chrystaleaves wrote:When I downloaded this it didn't come up as a folder. It just came out as a link to download it again. What is going on, can you help me?
If you don't have an account with Mega, after it downloads through your browser, it gives you a popup saying to download it again. Is this what you mean? If so, just click save file. It's already been downloaded and just needs to save, that'll only take a few seconds
Download Tease AI. Download Spicy Tease and put the whole folder in the folder of scripts. It should look like this: Scripts > SpicyTease210 > (all files contained in SpicyTease). The, run the program. On the taskbar on top, there will be options. Click on the first option, File. In the dropdown menu below "Choose Personality", make sure SpicyTease210 is chosen. Make sure you have your domme pics saved in a folder (any folder). You can load these in the program by clicking "Browse" below the main media window and selecting the folder. Make sure to go into Settings from the taskbar on top and go to the Scripts tab. Make sure the scripts are selected and checked in all four tabs, Start, Module, Link and End. I've noticed sometimes when loading a new personality it doesn't automatically select them. I think this might be your issue.
No, it downloaded. I have the file on my computer along with a bunch of files for an Ai, but the program that opens them is google chrome, and when it opens them it just opens up google chrome and the same file pops up, chrome is completely blank besides that it's open. I don't know why it is doing this.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (632.11 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
pepsifreak
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by pepsifreak »

chrystaleaves wrote:No, it downloaded. I have the file on my computer along with a bunch of files for an Ai, but the program that opens them is google chrome, and when it opens them it just opens up google chrome and the same file pops up, chrome is completely blank besides that it's open. I don't know why it is doing this.
You will need to open those files with WinRar http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
forbiddendesire
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

chrystaleaves wrote:
No, it downloaded. I have the file on my computer along with a bunch of files for an Ai, but the program that opens them is google chrome, and when it opens them it just opens up google chrome and the same file pops up, chrome is completely blank besides that it's open. I don't know why it is doing this.
Untitled.png

As pepisfreak said, you'll have to download and install Winrar. After that's done, right click on the files, and go to "Open With" and select Winrar the default program to open similar files

gamer1204
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gamer1204 »

forbiddendesire wrote:
chrystaleaves wrote:
Untitled.png

As pepisfreak said, you'll have to download and install Winrar. After that's done, right click on the files, and go to "Open With" and select Winrar the default program to open similar files
why not 7zip?
forbiddendesire
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

gamer1204 wrote:
why not 7zip?
You can use 7zip too. Some would argue that 7zip is better. But the point is to make it your default program for opening RAR or ZIP files.

curiousSK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by curiousSK »

1885 has been gone 2 months again, is this going to be a long-term thing like it was last time?
Best wishes - SK :oldtimer:
Slave1123456
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Slave1123456 »

When I try to link images, it does not seem to be able to reach a sub folder of a sub folder. Like my images are currently in a my documents, and in a folder below that. Any idea how to fix this?