Blocky Images caused by Flash

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
don_coptian
Explorer
Explorer

Blocky Images caused by Flash

Post by don_coptian »

Hey so i really think someone oughta fix the pictures in flash teases, I'm pretty sure the quality can be better than they look! The problem is with flash resizing the image, as shown in this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvp1pStX5Cg
Theres a code fix inside the video, i don't think it would take more than a few minutes to make every flash video on here resize images correctly.

I really think this is the problem as the images actually look better when you go into full screen, with more blockyness showing in normal viewing mode.

Cheers
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Blocky Images caused by Flash

Post by Nezhul »

Seraphox (the developer) stated a few times that he wouldn't continue to develop nyx (current flashtease engine). There are other minor bugs and fixes that the community wants but he wouldn't do. Not because he's a devil in a flesh, but because he's developing a new thing.

Currently, if you want to enjoy a good quality pictures (that are also of a bigger size, btw), use TeaseMe program for offline browsing.
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6993
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
sweden123
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sweden123 »

I always assumed the images were purposely resized to save bandwidth. But I agree that the quality is too low for a large screen.
don_coptian
Explorer
Explorer

Post by don_coptian »

I used to think that too, but realized that it couldn't be that because they get slightly better in quality when you make the pictures bigger by going full screen
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Nezhul »

Indeed, they are resized. But the quality loss is not so big, because they are resized by a good algorythm. However, to fit your screen they are resized yet again, and THIS time the quality suffers greatly. So even if you play a tease in TeaseMe, even though the images will not be HD quality, it will be far better than waht you see in browser.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
don_coptian
Explorer
Explorer

Post by don_coptian »

Yep and im pretty sure that the smoothing that happens the second time is what the youtube video i linked to fixes, though i could be wrong, and maybe, fixing it would only take a few minutes.