Developing a camsite

We try to keep the advertising to a minimum on Milovana. So if you have a page or product to talk about, please use this forum. Everyone else is welcome to respond with their two cents.
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Developing a camsite

Post by Kenneth »

hello

Just for fun actually, and because I'm a bit interested in video streaming and new web technology, I've started working on a cam site system just yesterday. It has a very modern UI, it will have a decent API, would be secure in its own way and would easily be customizable when it comes to lay-out, languages, payments and possibly integration with other databases (content management, phpBB,...) too. It definitely has all the regular features available. It's also flexible when it comes to form of payments, percentages the site owner could take, advertisements... I also have some other features in mind which would make this great for everyone - rather unique ones so I won't spoil them yet ;).

I'm currently looking for about anything actually:
1) people who have experience as a performer - what are your specific wishes, feature wise or layout wise?
2) people who like to watch - apart from what you find anywhere... is there something which lacks on most sites?
3) People who have experience with or like to administer such a system, what would your wishes be?
3) I'm open to offers to actually put this into action at some point ;)
4) People (preferably performers) who would like to test it at some point, are welcome.

Technical: the system itself is being developed in PHP with a MySQL database. So not a lot of requirements there (=basically any site nowadays). Authentication of paying members happens by IP.

Performer-side: Currently developing it for Windows, since most users are still Windows users. Will look into adaptation for e.g. Linux if this ever gets off the ground. If the performers are not using the same IP as the "CamPay" webserver, they'll need a small client on their PC which authenticates paying members.
---

About CyberMistress, 2005-2011
The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Re: Developing a camsite

Post by Kenneth »

Sorry to bump this, but 350 views and 0 replies?
I know at least some of you enjoy watching cam girls, so your opinion really matters for this project.
For example, rather flexible/adaptable lay-outs (adjustable by the user!) are already implemented.

Questions about it are welcome as well.If it's easier to mention what you hate about existing cam sites, that's helpful as well :p

For anyone interested in doing something with it... I have a working concept, which would only need some finishing touches.
---

About CyberMistress, 2005-2011
The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.