Question re Teases that direct to chat

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Question re Teases that direct to chat

Post by PlayfulGuy »

So, at the risk of dragging up a sore topic, I've been reading the thread "RIP SC's Teases" about teases sending people to chat and those people then causing issues in chat.

I am in the process of modifying the "Roll a Dice" tease to work offline with Teaseme, with the intention of posting the modified tease. In a couple situations the tease directs the player to "any online chat you like" and tells them to have a brief conversation with someone about what they are doing. For me this is a fantastic turn on and I want to include it, and I want to direct them specifically to the Milovana chat to keep people active here rather than elsewhere.

I have several questions, the first of which is "Is this okay"?

If I never release the modified tease and just play it myself, I know I'll be respectful in the chat rooms and (hopefully) not piss anyone off, but I can't guarantee what other people will do. In fact I can't guarantee someone won't be annoyed by me politely requesting assistance with a tease.

So, what are peoples thoughts on this?

Personally I think the suggestion made about creating a chat area dedicated to this kind of activity, and not connected to the regular areas to prevent jumping over is a great idea.

While I'm at it, can anyone recommend specific chat services that might be better places to send people for this kind of thing?

Playful and Curious
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Question re Teases that direct to chat

Post by janmb »

That is definitely okay and never let anyone tell you otherwise. In the interest of keeping the peace though, adding a small reminder about being modest and respectful in chat would be a good idea, but even that is entirely up to you.
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Thanks janmb.
Dream_On
Chat Moderator

Post by Dream_On »

The problem isn't the directing people to chat, but the attitude that some of the people that are directed to chat have. Many people doing teases of that sort seem to think that people in chat are there for the sole purpose of giving them dares/teasing them and get pissed off when they don't get it right away. Those who are in chat get tired of the people coming in that are only concerned with getting the dares/teasing/whatever else they have been directed to chat for.
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by janmb »

Precisely - the problem is those particular individuals, and that needs to be solved by sorting them out, not attacking what brought them to the chat in the first place, like happened last time.

The irony here is that getting more people recruited to use the chat should be considered a good thing and not a problem to be avoided.
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
KatelynSimon
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by KatelynSimon »

Those who are in chat get tired of the people coming in that are only concerned with getting the dares/teasing/whatever else they have been directed to chat for.

----------------------------
With Our DVDs, Happiness Is Just A Piece of Cake to South Park Season 16 DVD