CB6000s a cautionary tale

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
darkstar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

CB6000s a cautionary tale

Post by darkstar »

i got my belt 12 days ago and had a play around locking myself in and getting the fit correct and comfy for longer term wear. got it set up and sorted

now im not the largest of guys but i needed to use the very largest Alpha ring to fit at all and the longest pin to fit even remotly comfortably. i got the S because i am a grower so a long cage wouldnt be that apt in my mind for 99% of the time.
all sorted and comfy so i had a 3 day test run to see if it would be ok for longer term play.
this went well ish

a major issue occured with the belt, one of the dowel pins decided to part company with the part it is attached to. its not secured by any form of adhesive at all, instead relying on a compression fit which is easy to cause it to ping out off when installing the belt if you dont get the pins lined up perfectly with the A ring.

ok no major issue ill use a dab of hard set resin and leave it to harden overnight whcih i use on a lot of things. so it sets and back on it goes
do my useual stuff quite happily and have a shower in the evening and one in the morning

then later when relaxing on the net i feel something ping. lo and behold its the pin again but this time the one on the other side.
all i had been doing was sat down. and shifted myself aroudna little.

, and also the cage itself has split along the bottom seam. its not a single peice moulding like it apears to be ont he images its 2 distinctive parts. a left and right. unfortunatly i was getting hard at the time and well lets put it this way pinching is not the word it was down right agony untill i could get it off. which wasnt that long as i still had the keys handy but still left me with a very nasty bruise and not in the good way.

. off it comes for yet more repairs with the resin and polishing with 4000 grit paper to remove the edges and a good wash off.

back on it goes and i carry on with normal life untill today when the upper seam goes doingt he same thing resulting in having to saw the lock off with a dremel as i have given the keys to a firend to hold. the upper seam snapped back into position as soon as it was off but was not even remotly pleasent.

for over £100 i have to admit this is a very shoddy peice of work. could be a single poor one but tbh i had already decided to get a metal one instead for half the price as it just wasnt happy with it.. something i wish i had done originaly given hindsight.

i belive that whatever they use to seal the cage together is actualy softend by the hot water and normal soap i was using which caused teh cage to come apart so ther eis no way in hell it can be used for long term useage.

who the hell could wear the thing with the smallest A ring i dont know .

on closer inspection the cage seams are not perfetly aligned and has caused some chafing which is definatly poor QC at source. not that much around .05mm but when the skin is onvolved thats more than enough

all in all im not happy with it at all.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Re: CB6000s a cautionary tale

Post by les »

What do the manufacturer have to say?

Lesub :wave:
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
darkstar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by darkstar »

well because as an engineer my first resort is to repair things i can repair rather than sod around sending things back they will probably tell me to naff off.

price wise it was normal prices £104 not knock off prices but it could be them sourcing from other places and doing it as a real one. it wouldnt suprise me. ill email them again on monday about it because it realy is a pisstake that it didnt even last a full week but um not holding my hopes out for cash back.
curiousSK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by curiousSK »

i've not bought an item like this from ebay, but my last item that was pure shite the seller said not to return it and gave me 110% refund - they'll do anything to get positive feedback and cover up their fakery. good luck! :-/
Best wishes - SK :oldtimer:
darkstar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by darkstar »

it wasnt from fleabay. it was from a company called lovehoney.ill contact them after the bank holiday to express my extreme displeasure at the goods.
sub3604
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by sub3604 »

I bought a CB 6000 ages ago and had the same problems with the guide pins and the cage coming apart. I used superglue to keep the guide pins in place and used the cage of my old CB3000 I modifed the locking pin hole in the 3000 cage so a 6000 locking pin would fit it. I now wear a CB3000/6000 hybrid with no issues at all

The ring set of the 6000 is great but the cage is crap where as the cage of the 3000 is good and a little bigger than the 6000 but the ring was a real pain and the hinge on the ring could be downright torture.

Only trouble is it means you can wear it for longer and be put right back in it :\'-(
Player Profile:
Name: sub3604
Gender Identity Straight Male
Cage: small metal
Mode: 24/7
Baseline cage points 20
Final cage points 1261
LockedLaura
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by LockedLaura »

It is unfortunately a well known problem with many CB6000 devices that the QC in the gluing shop is for sh*t.
I know of at least 4 (counting myself) users who had to retro-fit the gluing process to make the device all it could be. You can recognize us, we are the ones with the bead of cement running down the seam. -Laura
AliceInBondageLand
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Mistress

Post by AliceInBondageLand »

I've never had that problem with a real CB6000... but the knockoffs are notorious!

... if you bought it on Amazon.com or online somewhere BESIDES the actual retailer, assume you got a fake one.
... kinks are hotter when they are authentic.
http://www.aliceinbondageland.com - Putting FUN back into FemDom!!!