Strangetown

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Citizen
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Slave
Dom/me(s): Mistress Fedora

Strangetown

Post by Citizen »

Absolutely terrific!!! Great tease! I can't wait to visit that town again!
citizen is the personal slave of mistress Fedora, aka mistress Eufrat. P.M.'s to citizen are always read out to his mistress and are answered by her.
teasedog
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Strangetown

Post by teasedog »

I absolutly agree! A great tease! But the one thing I was missing, was a sound to stroke to. That would make it really hard and difficult to cheat!

I know the sounds can be included in the flash teases so I wonder why almost nobody is using this option??
stick-dick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by stick-dick »

Agree. Agree. Great tease -- looking forward to a series.

Also, a great question regarding the sounds. I know, I know.... stop asking and write my own damn tease ... so I am a leech ;-) but that aside, it seems like many of the Flash teases so far are basically traditional web teases, but are taking advantage of controlling the progress (timers) and page selections (multiple-choice buttons) of a traditional web tease. That is huge, and gets rid of pasting the URL to have multi-choice teases, but it seem like there is so much more that is possible. There should be Flash teases that are impossible to do with the web editor - and there are very few of those so far.

My guess is that even with the great new editor, it still takes some programming savvy to create a Flash tease that goes beyond timers and multiple buttons -- is this true? Also, perhaps because the editor is beta-release means it has limitations that make these difficult to use now - to be made easier later? Good question though - I have wondered that myself.
Last edited by stick-dick on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Evals »

It would be terrific if somebody with the knowledge could create some soft stroking beats at different speeds (spm - strokes per minute!) and upload them for for tease-writers to use. Personally I have no knowledge about anything to do with sound editing but I'd make use of them if they were there.
Evals
cymerc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cymerc »

Evals wrote:It would be terrific if somebody with the knowledge could create some soft stroking beats at different speeds (spm - strokes per minute!) and upload them for for tease-writers to use. Personally I have no knowledge about anything to do with sound editing but I'd make use of them if they were there.
I have a bunch of metronome-ish MP3 files at various speeds that I could send contribute if you like.....perhaps I could send to seraph0x and he could make them available to others?
cymerc aKA "aldorax" my new handle
Forevergallant
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Forevergallant »

Uhh what tease?
Ashesndust
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ashesndust »

Thanks for the compliments. It's my first attempt at one of these things as well as working with any type of flash-based program.

I've got a sketchy idea of the direction it takes from this point, but it looks like I'll have to outline it or something to try and avoid contradictory plot lines. I'm a storyteller at heart.

As far as sounds, I'd prefer -- short of something of a voice like Nikki's in the script -- to introduce things such as, say, a telephone ringing or a doorbell to enhance the experience. So, as far as a stroking beat...well, I'll let the girls speak for themselves on such a thing.

Thanks for reading.

--Ashesndust
cymerc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cymerc »

By the way, the girl in this tease is gorgeous. And your scripting was first-rate, too.

I posted link to possible audio files for stroking 'beats' in the Webtease forum if you want to see if they'll work for you.
cymerc aKA "aldorax" my new handle
eteased
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by eteased »

stick-dick wrote: My guess is that even with the great new editor, it still takes some programming savvy to create a Flash tease that goes beyond timers and multiple buttons -- is this true? Also, perhaps because the editor is beta-release means it has limitations that make these difficult to use now - to be made easier later? Good question though - I have wondered that myself.
It is true. It's pretty easy to put in timers and buttons. Adding sounds requires something more like writing code; there's no easy button for placing sounds in the teases at the moment. Or at least there wasn't the last time I looked. You could post over in the suggestions forum to find out about what features are planned for the future.

In the meantime, if you want to include metronome-type sounds in a tease without using the flash editor at all, you could try having the user use a metronome like the one at:
http://www.metronomeonline.com/

I tried that awhile back and it seemed to work well. You can search the teases here for "metronome" and you should find the one I'm talking about. (I've been disappointed that no one else has tried this method. Maybe it doesn't work as well as I'd thought...)
Ashesndust
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ashesndust »

eteased wrote:
stick-dick wrote:

In the meantime, if you want to include metronome-type sounds in a tease without using the flash editor at all, you could try having the user use a metronome like the one at:
http://www.metronomeonline.com/
Yeah, there's no easy way to include any sounds in the flash without code knowledge, and that's not my forte. Thanks for the reference to the metronone site. I'll likely use that at some point.