Nyx - The FlashTease Editor - Public Preview Release

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
foofoof
Explorer
Explorer

Post by foofoof »

I have pictures called image1.jpg, image2.jpg, ..., image12.jpg. The code will only choose image1.jpg, image10.jpg, image11.jpg or image12.jpg. That is a subset of my images...
diddums
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Nyx - The FlashTease Editor - Public Preview Release

Post by diddums »

Still can't get it to work under MacOsx/ Safari!
Oh well.
:-(
But it's been a really huge step forward. Some of the content people have posted is very good indeed!
Thanks!
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

diddums wrote:Still can't get it to work under MacOsx/ Safari!
Just the uploading images part or the editor as a whole?

I've tested it with Mac OS Tiger, Safari 2 and the latest Flash player (9,0,115) and it seems to be working with that combination. I'll try to get my hands on a Leopard/Safari 3 combination and try with that, but any info you can give me on the exact problem would help!
all2true
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Slave
Dom/me(s): Looking for a dom/domme
Sub/Slave(s): I am a subby!

Post by all2true »

Sigh

Seraph

I have anouther problem with the flash Tease
The one I'm working on is long and complicated
64 pages!

unfortunely it deleted pages
I lost pages 30-40
Limited space?

Is there any way I could
A. link one Flashtease to a second FlashTease?
B. do a 64 page tease?

Thanks
Citizen
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Slave
Dom/me(s): Mistress Fedora

Post by Citizen »

After publishing my eight flash tease I find it time to share my experience with the editor

A. It's an awsome tool. My compliments! It's simple and gives a lot of opportunity's for developing hot teases.

B. As it is a work in progress i expect it not to do everything I want it to do. So be it.
The main thing that gives me trouble is saving. When I start working on a tease I learned to keep the page open because when I have to open it again my last edits only appear in the script, not in the visual. Since I am not a real scriptwizard I tend to start all over again or leave the tease opened all the time while I'm working on it.

C. Another problem I have is with the pictures. In the mediatab I could really use a way to list the pictures. At the moment they are all mixed (like pic 10, pic 2, pic 79,). It takes a lot of time to find the picture I need. I would really like it if they were all listed alphabetical (pic 1, pic 2, pic 10, pic 79)

D. Of course I would like to explore things like sound, randomizing and other formats. But since I'm not a script wizard I understand those will be things for the future (hopefully).

Again my compliments for this great editor!!!! :wave:
citizen is the personal slave of mistress Fedora, aka mistress Eufrat. P.M.'s to citizen are always read out to his mistress and are answered by her.
Qwert
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): In relationship with real Domme and fantastic woman. :)

Post by Qwert »

I have trouble like all2true I do long tease.
I have 66 pages and its not even middle.
But when i close NYX and back to do more pages i notice that some pages gone.
Also load is long as hell and sometimes button don't work.
Computer is o.k becouse all rest thing work properly.
I have question If is any limited space for teases?
If yes 3 day work gone :\'-(

Please for answer becouse i don't know where is problem?

Ok I know were is problem pages not gone they only not show on visual mode.

Maybe i can end tease without that.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Right now more than about twenty pages aren't supported, sorry. It's a limitation in the current version of the editor. It'll be the next thing I change, but I won't have time for it before easter.

If you have already lost pages, they are unfortunately gone. That's why we are doing this beta testing now, so that at some point we can have a reasonably stable editor and release it officially. For the moment I strongly recommend making a backup copy of the script at certain intervals so that if something is lost you can still fall back onto your own copy and just wait for the corresponding bug to be fixed.
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

This is a great tool. Its a lot of fun using Nyx.

One problem I has was that the preview didnt work so I hit publish and the finished teas eseems to work fine.

Only thing is I noticed a few mistakes (text that was too long getting cut off of the last picture) and I wanted to tweak some of the delays but now I cant go back and edit it.
Is there any way to do this?

Im not too bothered, I will just learn for my next flashtease
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by cumhardy »

this might work if you wanted a button that goes to a random page (like a button that says "may i cum?" and the answer is random)

have delays of 0seconds on 2 pages both linking back to each other so that it loops round real quick with the same picture and text on both pages. Then have different button outcomes on each page. The button would say the same thing but the outcome would be random.
Does that make sense?

Or is that kinda obvious?
Or...perhaps there is a far easier way to do it and im just stupid :P

just a thought
Dontask
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dontask »

I can't get pictures to show up...

I upload them, but then I can't find them anymore. When I try to add one to a page there are no pics to select from.

Any ideas?
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by cumhardy »

Yeah I get that problem sometimes. You need to close nyx, log in again, try it again. Sometimes it takes a while for pics to show up too, you might just need to wait a minute for them to appear.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

cumhardy wrote:Yeah I get that problem sometimes. You need to close nyx, log in again, try it again. Sometimes it takes a while for pics to show up too, you might just need to wait a minute for them to appear.
Yep, I've noticed this too. Probably best if I add a "refresh" button to the media tab.
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Evals »

I have to say the update I am most looking forward to is the one that solves the mess of loading large flash teases in the visual editor. In fact, if somebody had some stand alone programming abilities, they could make a program that would generate the code for a flash tease and all you'd have to do would be to copy and paste it after uploading the media... *wink wink*

Edit: Yeah I am a complete idiot. :lol: That's what I get for reading the recent posts list from top to bottom. Just saw the new Nyx version topic you posted. You're too awesome Seraph0x.
Evals
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Evals wrote:You're too awesome Seraph0x.
Maybe. But not as awesome as a :pirate2:.

Speaking of awesome: I added the refresh button to the media tab and also improved the thumbnail caching, so now the thumbnails should be downloaded once and then appear instantly from them on. :-)

Hope that helps. Keep reporting those bugs! :smile:
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Evals »

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I try to use decimal values in seconds, it doesn't work. I'd really like to be able to use a half second for a part in the tease I'm working on, and it'd give me a lot more options to work with. That or milliseconds, so I realize I'm kind of requesting this once again. I'm not sure. Is it hard to program in or something?
Evals