New suggestion for CH challenge ratings + difficulty levels

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

JoeyD
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: None of the above

New suggestion for CH challenge ratings + difficulty levels

Post by JoeyD »

Apologies if this is treading on the toes of another thread! Feel free to move this to the appropriate thread if required.

It seems clear that, in general, people aren't keen on the perks system or just don't use it. I've had some thoughts that I thought i'd share as a starter for getting some new guidelines in place. I've never used the perks myself although I do keep a mental note of which videos are difficult and which one's aren't. I like them all but prefer the more challenging/difficult videos. I usually take the approach that if I cum, I lose and have to start over from the start.

With this in mind, I thought why not go retro and have a set number of lives per challenge. You cum, you lose a life. The harder the vid, the more lives you get e.g.

CH Easy challenge = 0 lives
CH Medium challenge = 1 life
CH Hard challenge = 2 lives
CH 'Extreme Difficulty' challenge = 3 lives

Generally, it would work as follows: You play the video challenge from the start and if you cum, you lose one life. If you have any lives left on a vid you can restart from the beginning of the failed round. If you have no lives left - tough luck, start from the beginning with full lives, or try an easier difficulty level :-)

This would also provide a way to 'rate your performance' too e.g.

Complete an Easy challenge = 'D level Cock Hero'
Complete a Med challenge = 'C level Cock Hero'
Complete a Med challenge (all lives left) = 'B level Cock Hero'
Complete a Hard challenge = 'B level Cock Hero'
Complete a Hard challenge (all lives left) = 'A level Cock Hero'
Complete an Extreme challenge = 'A* level Cock Hero'
Complete an Extreme challenge (all lives left) = 'Ultimate Cock Hero'

People could then (should they wish) post their performance rating on the video thread which would give the author guidance on whether the challenge was too easy/hard.

I think this is a nice way to incorporate multiple chances to pass the challenge with personal ratings too, so even if you complete a video challenge you won't get the best rating unless you can eventually get through the entire thing without losing a life. It would also allow authors / users to categorise vids by difficulty and compare their performance with other players.

What do you think?
spork
Explorer
Explorer

Re: New suggestion for CH challenge ratings + difficulty lev

Post by spork »

I gotta say, this makes a lot of sense. At first I was thinking, why add the burden of categorizing and then debating the videos, to the already overly generous video producers? But with this system, viewers would just post, if they wanted to, how difficult it was. Like a par on a golf course.
Bandit224
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Bandit224 »

Your idea sounds good. In cumming, do you mean ruined or full orgasm? Also, after cumming, are people supposed to immediately restart the round, or start the round again after a few hours to get refreshed. I don't know if it is possible to have two full orgasms within an hours time and post orgasm torture might not appeal to some.
JoeyD
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by JoeyD »

Bandit224 wrote:Your idea sounds good. In cumming, do you mean ruined or full orgasm? Also, after cumming, are people supposed to immediately restart the round, or start the round again after a few hours to get refreshed. I don't know if it is possible to have two full orgasms within an hours time and post orgasm torture might not appeal to some.
Each to their own really - I can see why, if about to fail/lose a life, you may want to ruin it but personally I like to try the challenges for fun and wouldn't ruin an orgasm even if the instructions told me to :-D That's just me though.

In terms of the retry timing, I could have explained it better but the post was already quite long - I just meant that the next time you come back to the challenge (could be immediately, could be the following day) start from the beginning of the failed round. Again, personal preference.

I wasn't sure about the categorisation side of things either but I think it's pretty clear which challenges are harder than others already - but it shouldn't be difficult to come up with some general rules of thumb which allows the authors to pre-determine the category. It may even help when it comes to producing the vid in the first place - if you know you want to make a real challenge that most folk will fail 1st time around then you know it'll need to be pretty long and fast. And if people then come back with the top rating, the next author can make theirs even longer/faster :-)
supermokkori
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by supermokkori »

JoeyD wrote: With this in mind, I thought why not go retro and have a set number of lives per challenge. You cum, you lose a life. The harder the vid, the more lives you get e.g.

CH Easy challenge = 0 lives
CH Medium challenge = 1 life
CH Hard challenge = 2 lives
CH 'Extreme Difficulty' challenge = 3 lives
Had something similar with Stroker Ace - whereas instead of "lives" you can earn Timeouts as you pass each stage, with the ability to earn up to 3 Timeouts in the final stage. But yeah, simplifying the rules is always a good thing in my book.
cockherocomments
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cockherocomments »

If you want a way to make it more difficult (negative handicap?) just try a Tenga egg or other type of sleeve if you've never used one. I made it through flux 6 without getting off, with a Tenga egg it took me approximately 6 minutes!
hiphopanonymous
Explorer
Explorer

Post by hiphopanonymous »

I like the idea, especially from the angle of being able to gauge the perceived difficulty from the community. Just purely from a data point of view, I'd be curious to see how perception of difficulty changes over time. I know that videos get easier for me the more I've seen them, overall.
twl1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by twl1 »

This is definitely a cool idea, although I think the harder the vid, the less lives you should get. IE, playing on Expert, you get 0 lives.

I also really liked what has been done with the "breaks" in the more recent videos, meaning the easy/hard mode choice and sexy filler video/beat. That could also be used in normal rounds too, I think, for example, normally when you would apply a break during the action, hard mode players have to freestyle but keep stroking, and expert mode gets a special stroke meter/beat represented by a different colored meter.

With those two changes, I think hard would be challenging, and with the right implementation, expert mode would be damn near impossible. (Never stop stroking and special strokes?)

Really like the lives idea though, it could really help on some of the longer (holy crap 2-3 hr!? :devil: ) videos.