Vibrate to Music

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
ietermagog
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Vibrate to Music

Post by ietermagog »

I've recently started to play with an Arduino (http://arduino.cc) and an old busted up vibrator to figure out if I could match a music beat to a vibrator. My aim is to create something almost like the opposite of Cock Hero (created by peeps like Andyp and Vindicare. The aim of it is to create a sequence of songs where I match a sequence of beats growing in intensity which lasts for say 45 minutes. The PC (or Mac) then translates the beats into signals that I send to the Arduino via USB, which in turn translates it into vibrations. There could be different types of vibrations: soft, medium, hard, pulsing, etc - just like you'd get on something like the rabit. The objective then would be to create a nice bondage scene with my wife and have the songs stimulate her ears, while the beat-connected-vibrator stimulates her womanhood to orgasm.

I have two main problems to overcome though:
1) Easy part would be testing, but the question needs to be answered how far I can push a vibrator with start-stop actions until I burn it out - don't want the vibrator to die in the middle of the session would we :)
2) The harder part is, how to create the beat sequences. With Cock Hero, you get a beat-ribbon (don't know what they call it) at the bottom of the video saying when you should stroke. It looked easy to create, but after fiddling with Audacity for days, I realized it's going to take me days to create a sequence per song. Which means it'll take me weeks to create the sequence for a 45 minute session. Worth it, maybe, but I was wondering if anybody have any pointers in this regard?
curiousSK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Vibrate to Music

Post by curiousSK »

there is a toy that already exists like this, called the 'i-vibe' it's essentially a vibrator that runs off of a speaker system, so that the music is translated into stimulation.

see spoiler for details
Spoiler: show
http://www.amazon.com/i-vibe-Futuristic ... B001DBLLBW
Best wishes - SK :oldtimer:
roobie
Explorer
Explorer

Post by roobie »

I was also thinking of making this. I don't know of an algorithmic way of detecting beats and sometimes I suppose it might even be a bit subjective where the beat is. I would abandon that approach as impractical, but still agree that a beat track is required, just running the vibrator off the straight audio output probably wouldn't be a very good result.

One option is to crowdsource creation of the beats. Provide a web tool where users can edit beat tracks for songs and contribute to a common database. I briefly considered creating this, but it seems like a few weeks of work as I would need to code such an editor where you can move back and forth in the song and drag the beats around. If this could be presented to the users as a game of some sort, then it may be possible to create tons of such tracks quite rapidly.

For the format of the beat track, I thought I'd just use the .SRT subtitle file format but instead of subtitles it would just have "beat" string for whenever there should be a beat. Then it would probably be quite easy to edit them with normal subtitle editors and even to get VLC to drive the Arduino based on the subtitle file (although I don't really want to learn how to get VLC to build on my system).

Another option is to write a script that reads the beats from the existing hero videos. This seems doable (split videos into individual images by ffmpeg and then have code look at each frame), but the script would need to be adjusted for all the different types of beat meters and in the end it wouldn't result in that many tracks.
Orion_be
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Orion_be »

I just saw this topic. But i think its simpler to just use a coil of a speaker to generate the vibration. If you only want the beats to be felt you can ad an RC circuit to filter out the right frequentie. To increase the sensation you can ad a simple amplifier. This can be a cheap one. there is no need for HIFI.
I ones taped a coil to a girls clit and played some music on it. there was no sound fut she felt it nicely. She was able to guess the songs i played.
Maybe we can design something on this principle?
PiJoy
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Dom/me(s): Not yet
Sub/Slave(s): Not yet

Post by PiJoy »

First off, there are commercial products that can do this. I suggest you search online for VOX or "voice activated switches." However, I understand if cost pushes you in a DIY direction.

Doing audio processing on an Arduino by itself may be tricky (unless you use some hacks/tricks), because the Arduino can only sample (at its fastest) about a quarter of the rate needed to capture the full audio range of 20 Hz -- 20 KHz. However, there are some hacks/tricks one could use:

In most music, the beats are high-power, low frequency, like a drum. A simple low-pass filter, one that rolls off everything but the lowest audible range (say 100 Hz) would bring the required sampling speed down to 200 Hz. -- much, much easier than 2 x 20,000. Hz.!

If stereo, I'd sum the two channels, at least until I knew that I needed to process both channels separately.

If you're willing to learn a bit more electronics, adding an AGC (automatic gain control) circuit would probably take care of different loudness levels in different music. I'd also think about adding a peak detector circuit, although that could be done in Arduino software.

Several people have asked me about adding a music mode to my controller for a Hitachi Magic Wand. I haven't done that yet, though the above tricks are an outline of my initial approach.

Here's a related idea about audio control of vibrator(s):
One devious soul suggested a reverse-audio mode to me. In this mode, the subject has to keep completely quiet, or else the vibrations turn off (for a programmable amount of time) if they make noise -- including noises made in response to the vibrations. I find that an intriguing idea, and microphones are cheap and widely available.
mr_wayne
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mr_wayne »

its actually not very difficult !!

i made it with my arduino uno and a motor as a vibrator.
To detect the beat you have to connect the audio output from your computer with the arduino board (analog in and gnd), then you take e.g. 8 samples and put it in a FFT (Fast fourier transformation).
the Result is the frequencyspectrum from the music. the fft is available in some arduino boards and quit simple.

The tricky part is to get the right beat-frequency an set a threshold.
The idea is that a certain frequencyband goes up and down with the beat, so when it hits the threshold (beat) you turn the vibrator on.

I tested it with some CH-Videos and it works good. perhaps some small adjustments are needed, but its not as complicatet as you think!!